first love

Dating an Idol [ sequel to My Celebrity Crush]

 

Ringgg..

The ringing sound of the alarm clock woke you up from your deep sleep. Slowly, you opened your heavy eyelids. You then fixed yourself into a sitting position. And as you were leaning against the bed, tears started crawling down your cheek.

You carefully wiped those tears away.

It has been 10 months since you broke up with Myungsoo and almost every night, he will appear in your dream. Waking up from that wonderful dream was the last thing you could ever wish. Every day, you tried to forget him but unfortunately you just couldn’t do it. It hurts you so much thinking about him.

“Hey..” suddenly a familiar voice greeted you. “When did you come?” you asked. He sat by the edge of the bed. “I just came in… You know you should get ready. It’s almost 8.” Chunji reminded you.

You nodded a bit and get off the bed.

“Ahh.. I need to head to the hospital first. You know, to check on Unnie.” You told him. “Okay. Just get ready first.”

You then dragged yourself towards the bathroom to get ready.

***

“I’ll go to the office as soon as possible.” You assured chunji as you got off his car. Chunji smiled and nodded. “Alright. See you at the office.”

You paced towards the room where your unnie was being admitted. As soon as you stepped your feet into the room, you saw sunggyu back hugging your unnie  as both of them stared out of the window.

“Did I come at the wrong time?”

Both of them turned. She just smiled. Her pale complexion brightened a bit when she smiled. “You are early today oppa?”

“Oh well.”

 “I guess it’s time for you to go gyu ah. I’ll be fine.” Your unnie told him. Sunggyu pouted a bit. “Geurae, but I don’t feel like leaving yet.” He said.

“Remember what I said?” Your unnie reminded him of something.

He heaved a sigh. “Araso… Sorry I can’t stay long. Then, I’ll come back tonight if I have time.” He kissed her cheek.

She nodded.

“Annyoung Yeon Jung ah.. Bye noona.” He waved and left.

“He didn’t come early right? He stayed with you last night?” You questioned him. “He insisted.”

“Oh well, at least I don’t feel that guilty leaving you alone.”

“That’s okay pumpkin. You got lots of work you need to do. I don’t expect you to stay with me all the time. Besides, I’m okay. I will try to hold on as long as I can. For you.” She said.

Her words almost caused tears but you tried bearing with it.

“Don’t say that unnie. I don’t like it..” you told her.

She hugged you a bit. “It’s true though. You, Sunggyu and everyone around me, are the one that keep me going these days. Without all of you, I don’t think I can go on.”

She flashed you an overwhelming smile before pulling you into her embrace. “By the way unnie, how’re the boys? Are they doing well?” you asked, trying to change the subject.

She smiled. “The boys?” You were confused. “Yup? The boys. Infinite. Wae?”

“Well, sunggyu said they were doing well. Everyone. Everyone except myungsoo.” She said.

“Myungsoo? What happen?” you asked. “He injured himself yesterday. He sprained his ankle.” She briefly told you.

“oh… It’s not that bad right?”

“Are you worried?” She asked. “Ermm? No, i’m curious. That’s all.. Unnie, I really need to go. Mianhae.” You excused yourself. “Don’t force yourself dear.” She said before you made your way out. You stopped pacing and turned to face her. “What?”

“I know you are forcing yourself to forget him but truth is, you are still thinking about him. You think you are strong jungie ah. But you are not. Jungie ah, you still love him but you don’t want to admit it.” She told you.

“I don’t know what you are trying to say unnie. Well, I need to go..I’ll come back later. “You bowed a bit and made your way out.

What your sister said was indeed true. Pretending not loving him isn’t easy. It hurts so much. But seeing him moving on just fine, you tried as hard as you can to forget him too. After you guys broke up, myungsoo rarely call you and you guys never really met.  Once in a while, you guys will meet by coincidence especially when he went to visit your sister at the hospital.

Moving on wasn’t easy especially because he was your first love and you had never loved anyone beside him. But you kept reminding yourself, no matter what, you have to move on and forget him.

You then carefully paced through the exit. And as you were making your way out, there was a familiar person walking at the opposite direction. You glanced up and accidentally met his gaze. Both of you stopped walking, staring at each other for a short moment.

Finally, he smiled a bit.

“hey..” he said.

“Hey.” You replied back. “How are you?” he asked.

“I’m fine. Ermm, are you okay? It wasn’t that bad right?” you asked pointing at his bandaged ankle. He nodded a bit. “It won’t be that bad I supposed.” He said.

“Glad to hear that. Oh well, I got to go..” you finally excused yourself. He merely nodded. You smiled a bit and started pacing. “Wait..” he suddenly said.

You turned to face him.

“Would you like to have dinner with me? If you are free.. But if you don’t have time then I’m fine with it.” He said, looking down, completely refused to stare into your eyes.

You thought for a moment. “Well its okay I guess. When?”

“Ermm, tonight?”

“Okay then...”

“Okay.. I’ll text you the place later.” He smiled a bit. You nodded and smiled a bit before excusing yourself.

You then walked towards the exit. Before you took another step further, you turned to steal a glance over him and unexpectedly, just as soon as you turned, he turned too.

For a very short moment, you met his gaze.