unexpected news

Dating an Idol [ sequel to My Celebrity Crush]

 

 Myungsoo’s POV

Her sudden action took me by surprise. The unexpected kiss lasted for only 5 seconds as I slowly pushed her away from me, breaking the sudden awkward kiss. “What are you doing sohee ah?” I asked her.

“Why didn’t you like me back myungsoo ah? I thought you said you like having me by your side. You said I always reminded you of Yeon Jung that you felt at ease everytime we met..” She said.

I heaved a sigh. “Sohee..”

“What? You want to deny it now, just because she came back, you wanted to forget whatever you just said to me.”

“No, I won’t deny it. I admit I used to say that. I’m happy to be by your side. At that time when I felt alone you will come to my side to cheer me up, to make me smile no matter what. The fact that you kind off similar to Yeon Jung also make me so happy. But as I started to get to know you, I realized that you guys are two different persons. The more I get to know you, the more I think you guys are different from each other. To me, you are like a friend I felt comfortable sharing my problems and all but…sohee ah, you are not someone that I will fall in love.”

I know my words would hurt her, but I have to let her know how I really feel so that she wouldn’t be confused.

Tears welled up her eyes.

“What is it that makes me so different from her? I tried everything to make you happy. Everything Myungsoo ah. Where am I still lacking?” She said, while tears streaming down her eyes.

“I’m sorry sohee. I really am, but Yeon Jung is the only person inside my heart.” I told her.

“I’m sorry..” I told her once again, before making my way out.

“Myungsoo, jebal..” She said as she held on to my arm.

“Sohee, please erase me from your thought. I will only hurt you more. Find someone that will love you more than I do.” I helped her wiped those tears away. Slowly, she let go of my arm.

***

YOUR POV

“I’m going back to work…” you weakly told Woohyun.

“This is your lunch time. At least eat first.” He said. “I have no appetite..”

You lazily dragged your feet towards the exit, however before you could make any more steps he stopped you. “Yeon Jung ah..”

“I’m fine...” you lied. Just then, your eyes caught a glimpse of a very familiar person. You pulled your arm away from woohyun’s grasp and followed that particular person. “Yeon Jung, where are you going?” He asked. You ignored him and kept walking.

You followed that person until you reached a ward.

“Unnie?” you called that person. Your sister turned and was completely surprised to discover you in front of the entrance. “Yeon Jung?”

Woohyun who was following you stopped pacing. “Unnie, why are you here?” You asked. She didn’t respond.

“Unnie!! Please answer me. Why you are here and why are you wearing the hospital cloth?”

She sighed.”You are hiding something from me unnie. Why aren’t you answering me?” you raised your voice a bit. This time, you felt unease. You knew something was wrong. There was an intense atmosphere surrounding that place at that moment.

“Noona, I think this is the best time to let her know.” Woohyun voiced out. You turned to face him.”What? oppa you knew something?” You asked.

He looked away, avoiding your gaze. Your sister took a very deep breath and walked towards you. You noticed she was a bit pale and she looked really unwell. Your heart was beating wildly as you waited for her to speak.

“I have leukemia.” She said with her eyes slightly teary.

“What?” your heart skipped a beat.”You are lying..” you tried to deny. Your eyes started to well up again. You turned to face woohyun.”She’s lying right? Tell me this isn’t right. You guys are making things up right?”

Woohyun looked down. You faced your unnie again. “unnie..” tears fell from the corner of your eyes.

“I wish I was lying..” She said weakly while trying her best to smile.

“Why didn’t you tell me unnie? Why??” you raised your voice, wiping the tears away from your eyes. “I..” she trailed off.

Not being able to bear the situation, you left the room.

“Yeon Jung!!” Woohyun called you as he chased after you.

You fastened your pace, ignoring him. “Yeon Jung, wait up.” He called you.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” you asked, annoyed. “I promised her. Yeon Jung ah, you think it’s easy for her to let you know?” He replied. You kept quiet. “Every day she asked me ‘what’s the best way to tell you about her situation?’ and ‘when is the right time to tell you?’ She wanted to tell you but she had no idea how to.”

Again, no respond from you. “You need to be by her side. She needs you.”

“I don’t want to lose her oppa. She's the only one i have now.” You told him as more tears started to fall down. He then slowly pulled you into a hug.  "I know, i know." he said, slowly caressing your hair.