Hongdae

Dating an Idol [ sequel to My Celebrity Crush]

 

Your unnie was getting ready for her date. You sat by the edge of the bed watching her putting on her makeup. She was all dressed up in her pastel floral dress with a yellow coloured cardigan on top of it. She tied her hair into a neat ponytail. “unnie, let your hair down. You look better with your hair down.” You suggested.

“Jeongmal?” You nodded. She then let hair falls perfectly and turned to face you. “Okay?” She asked. You smiled and put a thumb up. Satisfied with your response, she turned to look at the mirror again and continued to apply her makeup.

“What are you guys planning to do today?” She asked. “Myungsoo is coming over afterwards. We are going to watch movie together.” “Don’t do something funny while I’m gone.” She advised you while applying her blusher.

“What made you think we will do anything funny?”

“well, I caught you guys kissing a few times already.” She teased you as she went towards the wardrobe to get her bag. You started to flush. “Aishh unnie, we won’t do anything.”You tried to protest. She chuckled a bit. “I know you won’t. Just a reminder.” She put on her black high heels and headed for the door. “So I see you later tonight. Have fun with Myungsoo. Tell him I said hye.”

“Unnie, you see him almost every day.”

“Oh right…okay, bye then.” She waved and left.

***

SUN YOUNG’s POV

I took the bus and was pretty excited to go out on a date with Sunggyu. After waiting for so long, I finally decided to go on a date with him again. If I didn’t agree to hang out with him, I might not have this chance again.

“I hope things will go well today.” I uttered to myself. Few moments later, I finally arrived at the place where I promised to meet him earlier. He disguised himself quite well this time as I had a hard time finding him. Luckily, I recognized his cap. It was the one I gave him for his birthday last year.

I paced towards him and lightly pat his shoulder. He turned to my direction and smiled upon seeing my face. “How long have you been waiting?”

“Well, not long.” He spontaneously answered. “Where are we going?” I questioned him again. “Truth is, I haven’t decided yet where to go. Why don’t you suggest a place noona?”  I thought for a moment.

“Well, I feel like going to Hongdae, if that is alright with you..” I told him. “Ahh really? You know, it has been long since I last went there and honestly I feel like going there too.”

“Hongdae it is.”

We then headed towards Hongdae and the place was crowded with people, as usual.

“Remember we used to skip school and went here? Unfortunately we got caught..” He reminisced about our high school days and laughed. I laughed along. “Ahh yes. It was our first time skipping school and we got caught immediately. That was hilarious..”

“I know right.”

After reminiscing about our past, we walked around Hongdae while indulging our taste buds with some delicious ice-cream. As we were walking, the place started to get more crowded. Sunggyu suddenly took hold of my hand and led the way. I was taken aback for a very quick moment, however, I didn’t pull my hand away and just let him led the way. Just then, a guy accidently bumped into me and spilled ice-cream all over my dress.

I stopped pacing. Realizing that I suddenly stopped, he turned. “Noona are you…” but before he could finish his sentence, he noticed my dress. “Don’t worry. I’m fine.” I flashed him a slight smile and was about to button up my cardigan but he stopped me from doing it. “You’ll spoil your cardigan.” He said.

He looked around for a moment. “Wait here..” he ordered and walked into a nearby convenient store. Few moments later, he came back and handed me a bottle of mineral water and some tissues. “I hope this will help you clean up..” he smiled. I took it from him. “Thanks.”

Carefully I tried to wipe those stain away. “I guess this should be okay for the time being.” I assured him and glanced up.

“Too bad your beautiful dress is ruined.” He sounded disappointed. I chuckled a bit. “Don’t worry, it’s an old dress anyway. Let’s go. I don’t want to spoil the rest of the day.” I stood up and this time I took his hand and led the way.

“Noona..” He suddenly stopped. “What?” I asked. He just smiled and dragged me into a store.

Without even a word coming from his mouth, he just kept dragging me, until we reached a rack full of dresses. “Pick one noona.” He told me. “what?” I asked, still slightly confused. He then stepped forward a bit and picked some dresses. He picked a pastel colored chiffon dress with a draped sleeve, a brown coloured tropical print dress and a few others.

He shoved those dresses to my direction and ordered me to try each one of them. “If you fit each one of them perfectly or you like all of them, then take it all. I’ll pay.” He said.

He then lightly pushed me into the dressing room. “Gyu ah..” I called him but he shut the door. “Just try noona.” He insisted. I ended up trying each dresses. “You look absolutely stunning in every dress.” He commented.

Finally, I put on the last piece. It was a 1-piece dress with a cotton top and a floral printed satin bottom. Frankly, this was the only dress that grabbed my attention.  It was simple and casual just the way I like it. Nothing fancy and nothing too elegant. As soon as I made my way out of the dressing room, Sunggyu fixed his position properly and slightly mesmerized with what I wore. He put on his best smile and put a thumb up. “I think this is the best so far.”

“Are you going to take this sir?” The salesgirl asked. He nodded. “Sunggyu ah, I can’t accept this from you. By the way, this is too expensive.” I told him.

“Noona, I’ll be really..really disappointed if you don’t accept this. Please just accept this once.” He said, almost begging.

I finally gave in and let him paid for the dress. At last, I ended up walking out of the store, wearing the new dress. “Noona, there’s a reason why I bought you this dress. There’s somebody I want you to meet and of course I can’t let you wear dress with ice-cream stain on it.” He briefly explained.

“You want me to meet someone?”

He just nodded. “Who?”

“You’ll see..”