Chapter 2

If you

"Unnie wake up! Wake up!"

"Hmmm, 5 more minutes yeri-ah", I said while swatting Yeri's hand away from my body.

"But unnie, we have practice today for our comeback. We have to do well unnie, this is like a gamble, a complete different image from our previous songs. We have to do well.

"I know, I know. I'm getting up, okay? Geez, you're so loud" I said while rubbing my eyes trying to wake up for real.

The morning was not eventful. We are currently preparing for our comeback. The choreographer was patient when she was teaching us. I am thankful enough that we don't have to stand on stage awkwardly while singing this song. Yeri is right. This song is a gamble for us. This would definitely show our velvet side but we cant help but worry since this is the first time that we would try this genre.

The music video was released and we gathered ourselves in the living room to watch it. We are silently watching the music video without a word coming out from our mouth. Everytime her face flashes in the screen, I can't help but watch in awe. She is really beautiful.

"Wow! Seulgi unnie, your acting is so impressive! I can actually feel the sadness!", Joy was the first one who broke the silence after the music video ended.

"She's right Seulgi. You really did well in the MV. It's like you were actually the heroine in a sad drama" Joohyun said while clapping her hands.

"Thanks I guess" I said while keeping my head low.

"Did you actually experience a break up unnie? It was just so good that it actually felt like you were actually in pain from being away from your lover." Yeri said while looking at me straight in the eye.

"Yah! She recently suffered from her break-up with Seo Jin Woo oppa! How can you be so careless?" Wendy said while trying to hold in her laugh.

"That's right. She's been with so many break-ups that I lost count of them. Break-up from the drama's male lead" Joy said with her evil smirk.

The girls erupted from laughter enjoying the thought of bullying me. Wendy coupled with the two evil maknaes, great just great. My attention shifted from the girls to Joohyun who's busy typing at her phone while smiling. Maybe she's texting him. I sighed inwardly. I really wanted to be free from this feeling. I wanted to be happy for her.

The day of our comeback came pretty quickly. We are once again nominated to be on number 1. That fact alone made us happy to no end. We didn't know that our fans would accept this drastic change in our concept. I was performing with so much emotion, I am pouring out all my feelings in this performance hoping that it will rid or at least reduce my feelings for her. It was pointless I know but that's the least I could do to keep me sane.

When the MC announced that we won, I was practically speechless. My mind was all over the place. My emotion was overwhelming. I cant even identify if its because of the fact that we won or if its the fact that she's slowly slipping away from me, i think it's the latter. Tears blurred my vision, my throat feels tight but I still keep on singing. I keep my head down low and covered my face with my hair cause I know how ugly I get when I'm crying. I don't exactly know what was happening until I feel her arms snake to my back and she's enveloping me in a tight hug. She was patting my back trying to comfort me but that only made me cry harder. Because I know for a fact that I can't break away from this feeling, from my feelings for her. It's funny how the same person comforting me is the same person who caused me this misery. I wish I could wake up from this dream, maybe one day, someday I will.

 

--

Author's note:

Seo Jin Woo is the character portrayed by Yoo Seung Ho at his drama Remember : War of Son 😊