Chapter 5

If you

After a week, Joohyun unnie broke the news about her relationship with Bogum to the members. I was actually expecting it. It was her rule. She was never a strict leader who would dictate us. She would always tell us that she wanted us to be honest and to trust each other. I guess that's one of her charm.

After the members recovered from their shock, they congratulated her and I saw her search for my eyes as if asking for my approval, I just nodded and plastered yet another fake smile. Wendy looked at me with sympathy, I just smiled at her. That was the only thing I can do, smile and pretend. Pretend that I'm okay when in fact I'm dying inside.

"You okay?", Wendy asked when we are left alone in the dorm.

"I'm trying to get used to this", I said while trying to smile but failed miserably.

"Wanna go out and grab something to eat? We can go to karaoke too if you want?", she said with a smile. I nodded because I know that this is her way of comforting me. The dorm is suffocating me and I wanted to get away from it, I wanted to breath freely.

Wendy and I went to the nearby cafe and talked about random things, from her song recommendation, her embarassing moments to Joy and Yeri's pranks and antics . She was trying to divert my attention. She was trying to comfort me and that's one of the things that I love about Wendy. She always had her ways of making a person smile.

We then proceeded to go to the Karaoke bar. We would usually rent different rooms to practice our vocals but today is not a usual day. She sings all the cheerful songs while making strange dance moves. I smiled a genuine smile, not a platonic fake smile but a real smile. A tear escaped from my eyes and it just didn't stop. I was smiling while crying. She shifted closer to me, her face full of worries. She might think I'm a lunatic.

She enveloped me into a hug while rubbing my back soothingly. I closed my eyes and allowed her to comfort me.

"She told me about it first. She was so happy when she told me that Bogum confessed to her. She said she wanted to tell me first because I'm her bestfriend and my opinion matters. She was so happy, Wannie. What am I supposed to do? Of course I told her I'm happy for her, that's what bestfriends do right? But how can it..how could it be this painful? I feel like my heart was breaking into pieces each second, each minute, each hour, each time those moment linger in my mind. How can 1 person hold my heart, my entire heart like this? It kills me to know that she's happy with someone else but it's everything I ever wanted for her. I wanted her to be happy, Wannie. I really do.What am I supposed to do?", I said while clinging onto Wendy sobbing hard on her shoulder.

"Shhh...You'll be fine Seul. I will be here beside you. Whenever you feel like crying, you can always lean into me like this. I can always lend you my shoulder whenever you feel like breaking apart. Everything's gonna be fine, Seul. You'll be fine", Wendy said while running her hand up and down my back.

We stayed in that position until our bodies are sore and she decided to break our hug. She wiped away the remnants of tear from my face.

"Aigoo, you little baby bear. What would you do without me", she said while pinching my cheeks.

"Thank you, Wannie. For always staying beside me when I need you. You don't know how much it means to me. Thank you. I really mean it." I said while beaming at her.

"Yah! Don't tell me you're about to cry again. You'll tire your tearducts at this rate. And your eyes will swell that you won't be able to see properly"

I lightly pushed her then chuckled. She always know what to say I guess.

"Let's just sing okay? You're singing horribly that's why I ended up crying", I said while handing her another Mic.

"Yah, I'm Red Velvet's lead vocal okay?"

"Pfft. If that's what you say so!" I said while smiling.

That day, we ended up singing endlessly until our voice are hoarse. At least, it was due to singing not crying. And I was actually happy for once.