Chapter 3

If you

It was late when we arrived in our dorm. Our schedules packed we barely have enough time to rest. Despite the exhaustion I'm feeling, my mind wouldn't even allow me to rest. I was watching a rerun of a drama when Wendy appeared.

"Can't sleep?" , she asked.

"Not really", I answered back.

From my peripheral vision, I can see Wendy shifting closer to me, staring at me as if she's boring a hole in me.

"Seul, you know you can trust me right?"

I nodded.

She made me face her, her eyes searching for mine. She's staring at me with so much intensity it's as if she can see through me.

"Why did you cry when we performed our encore stage earlier, Seul?" she asked not breaking eye contact with me.

I immediately avert my gaze, too afraid that she might actually see through me. I shifted uncomfortably, moving a bit to create some distance.

"I was just too overwhelmed that we won. It's just..it's amazing that our fans supported the drastic change in our concept"

She reached for my hand and hold it, she then leaned her head on my shoulder. I focused my attention back to the drama. I thought it was the end of our conversation, I was wrong.

" You're really a terrible liar, Seul." she said while snorting.

"But seriously Seul, what was the real reason? Don't give me nonsense reason Seul. We've been friends for like 4yrs, I know when you're crying out of joy or pain. I acknowledged your reason earlier cause I'm well aware that you want to appear charismatic in front of the maknaes and our fans though I'm pretty sure they had a hunch that you're far from charismatic"

I headbutted her sideways. Wendy is a really good friend, probably one of the best friend I ever had. She's good at observing people. She's always optimistic, she's always spreading good vibes, she's like a vitamin. She knows what to do in certain situations. She's someone I trust.

"Have you ever liked someone so much, you're willing to give everything?" I asked her.

"Well, I like you and I'm willing to give you everything" she said while smiling like an idiot gauging my reaction.

"It's Irene-unnie, isn't it?"she asked. My body tensing up from the mere mention of her name.

"Its not..."

"I saw how you treat her ever since we're trainee. I know she was someone special for you. I saw how you care for her, how you smile so brightly everytime she held your hand. Relax, Seul. I'm your friend remember. You can confide on me. Besides, you look so cute when you're trying to fish for her attention", Wendy said.

I sighed. Feigning ignorance would never work on Wendy. She's just good in observing people you would confuse her as a psychologist. Maybe confiding with Wendy would help.

"We had this talk a couple of days ago. She said she likes someone, said she may be in love with that someone. She likes Bogum. She was always happy everytime she goes to host the Musicbank. It was all too painful, I barely managed to smile. I loved her ever since I laid my eyes on her even though I know it's impossible", I said with a cracked voice while wiping the tears away.

"It pisses me off. I wanted to be happy for her but I can't. I saw how Bogum stare at her, how he holds her, I know he likes her. It won't be a surprise if he confesses one day. That's why I'm losing it, I'm losing her, Wendy." I said while trying to control my tears. Wendy just sat there listening to me while I pour out every pent up emotions I had. She's my back in a comforting manner but it does not comfort me.

That night, I ended up crying myself to sleep in Wendy's arms. We didn't bother to sleep in our room knowing full well that the person of interest is just a bed away. And of course, I woke up with pain shooting all over my body and swollen eye. I feel so sorry for Wendy, I dragged her with me when I was supposed to suffer alone. She just smiled at me saying "it was nothing, that's what friends are for".

"Unnie, what happened to your eyes? Did you cry last night? Why did you and Wendy-unnie sleep in the couch?", Yeri inquired while munching the Kimchi fried rice cooked by Wendy.

"We watched the rerun of the drama last night. She was crying and wailing last night everytime Seungho oppa cried. You should've seen her face. It was so funny", Wendy said while laughing hilariously.

"You should've took a video of her unnie the way I did last time." Joy said while looking at me.

"Yah! Why are you always ganging and bullying me! Just eat your breakfast, you evil freaks!" I said while pointing my fork back and forth at Joy and Wendy and while munching my breakfast.

"Swallow your food first Seulgi-ah", Joohyun said while wiping the remnants of food in my lips.

My eyes focused on her lips not noticing the worried look in Wendy's face. I know, it would be difficult to turn back now. I fell for her way too deep.