Chapter 8

If you

I ended up staying late at the practice room. I had a lot of catching up to do. The rest of the members went home except for Wendy who insisted to accompany me saying she needs to practice more also.

"You know you don't have to make excuses to be with me, Wannie. I know you missed me", I said during our break earning a chuckle from her.

" You became cocky. That's good. I guess you had fun during your 'slump break'. You didn't even call me, not even once", she said with sarcasm lacing in her tone.

"Aigoo, are you sulking? I don't have a chance to call you Wannie because you always beat me. You called almost everyday at the most random time, remember", I answered her teasingly.

"So how have you been, Seul?", she asked seriously,no longer playful.

"You've been asking that almost everyday you know?"

"I wanna ask you again now since I can see your face, then I would know if your lying or not", she said with so much conviction. I chuckled.

"I'm fine, I guess. I can't say that I'm over her. But I am finally starting to accept the idea that she will never be mine. I don't know if I can be a perfect bestfriend for her but I will still do my best. At least I'm not a crying mess I used to be right?", I said while smiling. Wendy moved closer to me then held my hand. She looked straight into my eyes then smiled at me.

"I am so proud of you Seul. I guess that 'slump break' was worth it huh?" she said while grinning.

"Thanks mom!" I answered while grinning. The silence of the practice room engulfed us. We just held each others hand enjoying each other's company.

"Are you ready to talk to her, Seul?" Wendy asked breaking the silence.

"I don't really know, Wannie. But somehow, I know I should talk to her. When I looked at her earlier, I saw the happiness, the longing and sadness in her eyes. It's as if she's reluctant to smile back at me. It's as if she's afraid, I don't know. And the only way of knowing is through talking."

"Wow, you sound so mature now, Seul. I am so proud of you." she said while wiping her non-existent tear. I lightly pushed her while chuckling.

"I just realize how selfish I am when I left her and asked her to let me go. She was confused. And I feel so sorry for leaving her after dropping something as heavy as that. So how was she when I left?", I asked Wendy while tilting my head to one side.

"That's for you to find out, Seul. Go and talk to her"

"I will, Wannie. I will.", I said with certainty. Though I'm not really sure what would happen during our talk.

"So when will you start recording", Wendy asked.

"Tomorrow. My schedules packed, I might need to camp here for a couple of days" I answered with a sigh.

"We'll you rested for too long. You might have lost your touch. Wanna go for a round of karaoke tonight to loosen up your voice you know?", Wendy said while wiggling her brows.
"You missed me that much You don't even wanna share me with the other members" I said while chuckling.

"You became really cocky, dumb bear", she said while playfully smacking my head.

"That's what I call charisma, Wannie. I'm Redvelvet's charismatic bear after all", I said while winking and biting my lip seductively. We then both burst out in laughter. Oh how much I missed this.
 

--

Author's note:

Aren't you guys curious about what would happen during "the talk"? And what do you guys think about adding Irene's POV and maybe a little bit of Wendy's? 😊