Chapter 7

If you

The insistent ringing of my phone woke me up from my deep slumber. I groaned inwardly while searching for the device half asleep. I answered the call without bothering to read the caller ID.

"Yah! You didn't forget what day it is today right?" Wendy's piercing voice traveled through my ears and I don't even know if it damaged my ear or not.

"Wannie, why are you so loud? It's so early for you to disturb my precious sleep", I answered with half lidded eye.

"I was just confirming Seul. And it's not that early you know. It's past 10 in the morning already which means you have an hour to prepare if you want to arrive here on time", Wendy said matter of factly.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, mother", I answered then I ended the call.

Heh! When did I ever turn up on time. I decided to continue where I left off, I would just skip my breakfast and lunch. Sleeping is really appealing to me right now.

An incessant knock on the door followed by a loud thud from the forceful opening of the door woke me up again from my precious nap.

"Yah, idiot Seuuuul. Don't you need to go to Seoul today?", my annoying brother asked me loudly.

I rubbed my eyes slowly trying to shake off the sleepiness.

"Why are you people so loud when it's still morning", I said barely like a whisper followed by a huff.

"Yah, it's almost noon idiot. Start preparing or I'll leave you here." My annoying brother said with a smirk.

"Why did I ever I agree for you to tag along with me. You're such a nuisance", I said while releasing a frustrated groan.

"It's because you need someone to protect you from the paparazzi's, idiot. I wouldn't want to spend my vacation with you either. I would rather spend it with cute girls not with someone who I can even hardly categorize a girl", he said with an annoying smirk then he went out of my room.

It has been exactly two months when I went home and told my parents that I wanted to go on a trip alone. I saw how they worriedly look at me but decided not to ask further and allow me only if I bring my brother with me. My brother was serving in the military that time but was scheduled to be on a vacation after a few days. That's the reason why I'm stucked with my damn brother. It was good in some ways because of his protective instinct but he always annoy me and that's the bad part of being with him.

It was not a quiet ride back to Seoul, my brother would throw dirty looks and glares at me. He played our songs throughout the ride. He would always give me his useless comments.  He would always try to imitate me singing. He would always tell me stories about her friends in the military that liked me but he discouraged them. I dont even know if I should be thankful or pissed.

I directly went to the office when I arrived in Seoul. They gave me a rough sketch about how packed my schedule would be. I understand them, I was gone for 2 months. While the other members are busy running from one schedule to another, I was also busy running from one local province to another. While they spent their endless days in practicing ang recording for our comeback, I was out there busy relaxing and enjoying the nature.

Manager-unnie escorted me to the practice room where all the other members are gathered. I can hear their voice from the outside, the maknaes laugh to be exact. It made me smile and realize how much I missed them. Manager-unnie nudged me to go then she walked away probably going back to the office.

I held the door tightly for a few minutes before opening it. Everyone stopped what they were doing and they just stared at me.

"Unnie!!" the two maknae said in chorus running over to me and engulfing me in a tight hug. I chuckled and hugged them as tightly as well. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth of their hugs.

By the time we broke the hug, they were bombarding me with questions.

"Unnie, unnie! Where have you been?" Yeri asked.

"Seulgi-unnie. What have you been doing?" Joy asked.

"Unnie, did you meet some hot guys during your vacation?", Yeri asked while grinning. I just ruffled her hair.

"She's right, did you find one unnie? Does he have a cute brother?" Joy asked while sending me a wink.

I just chuckled. This two would never change.

"Yah, yah. Stop with your questions, you're both making me dizzy." I said while holding my head.

"We just want to know unnie if you met someone. Did you ask them if they know cute Joy? I'm popular these days unnie. It's no joke" Joy said while giggling sharing a high five with Yerim.

I just laughed at Joy's remark then they both laugh along with me. A shuffle made me shift my gaze. My eyes meeting the eyes of the person that I longed for 2 months. She was staring at me expectantly as if she's waiting for me to acknowledge her. I smiled at her for the first time in a while. A sudden clearing of voice break my gaze from her.

"Now, now I know you guys missed Seulgi but we should probably start practicing now before our managers check in on us. They would probably kill us if they know that we're chatting instead of practicing right?" Wendy said from across the corner then beaming at me.

"You're no fun unnie", Yeri and Joy said in unison while sticking out their tongues. The scene just made me smile. Oh how much I missed this, how much I missed them.