Chapter 9

If you

My days have been so hectic lately. I had to juggle between recording, practicing and going to events. There were times when I go back to our apartment just to take a bath and change clothes. I even pulled an all-nighter at the practice room. I had to catch up on everything since our comeback is just around the corner.

And today is just another day spent in the practice room. The members have attended the event while I'm stuck here trying to learn the choreography for our new title track, Russian Roulette. Deciding to take a break, I went to the roofdeck to breath some fresh air.

When I reached the roofdeck, I noticed an extremely familiar petite frame. It's the girl that I've been longing for the past 2 months, the main reason why I had to take a break, the same girl that broke my heart a million times.

I watched as she sat there looking at the horizon, her hair in a mess but it doesn't make her less attractive. As I was observing her from afar, I still didn't fail to notice that something is missing from her, her smile, her sweet smile that can brighten up anyone's world.

I decided to walk up to her and sat beside her with just the right distance. When she noticed my presence, she turned to me.

"Unnie", I said then faced her plastering a smile.

"How have you been?" I asked her still smiling. She didn't move nor talk. She just stared at me as if she's searching for something. This gave me a chance to have a closer look at her face. I was right, something is amiss, she's not smiling, her eyes does not have the same twinkle, her eyebags clearly visible.

"Unnie, I'm sorry I had to leave you like that. I did not intend to do it. I was selfish and I'm sorry for that."

When I noticed that she's still not moving, I decided to continue.

"I was fine for the past two months unnie. I'm sorry for not picking up your calls and replying to your messages. I'm sorry for making you worry", I said while gazing at her eyes.

"Why aren't you responding, unnie? Didn't you miss me?", I asked her while grinning.

I saw the hesitation in her eyes. I saw how she open only to close it back. I smiled at her urging her to speak.

"Seulgi..I", she started,tears started to well up in her eyes.

"I'm..I'm sorry, Seulgi-ah" she said with tears b in her eyes. Then it clicked on me. She was feeling guilty all along and it was my fault. It was my fault that she's not smiling.

"Unnie. Joohyun, unnie." I said as I wipe away her tears.

"It's not your fault unnie. I didn't tell you that for you to blame yourself. I wanted you to be happy. And look at me, I'm perfectly fine now", I said while giving her my best smile.

"Your bestfriend, Kang Seulbear is back now unnie so stop crying. I wanna see your pretty smile, unnie", I said while tapping her cheeks.

"Can you..can you hug me?" , she asked with her eyes filled with tears and her cute nose now red. She still look pretty even when she's crying.

I moved closer to her and enveloped her in a warm embrace, my hand running up and down her back. I feel her nuzzle her face against the crook of my neck. I feel her tighten her hold against me. I rubbed her back soothingly. When I felt that she stopped crying, I started to withdraw my arm but she only tightened her hold on me.

"Can we..can we stay like this for a few minutes, Seulgi-ah?", she said her voice cracking.

I placed my one arm at her back while my other arm gently ruffling her hair. I closed my eyes savoring the moment, her sweet scent soothing me.

When we broke the hug, she kept her head low. I just chuckled at the sight finding yet another cute behavior of her when she's feeling embarassed. I lifted her chin willing her to look at me.

"Aigoo, you're such a baby. What would I ever do to you?", I said while wiping the remnants of her tears. Then I saw it. I saw her eyes turned into crescents while her lips turned upward. She's finally smiling, her eyes sparkling. And I ended up smiling too. It always feel good to see her smile like this.
 


"Let's go unnie. I need to go back now before K oppa skinned me alive", I said but she remains unmoving. But when I offered my hand,  she held onto it tightly then she follow me as I pulled her back inside.

I released my hold on her hand when we reached the practice room.

"You can go ahead unnie. I might have to practice late again"

"Can we go home together?" she said softly, her voice barely audible.

"Of course we can. We can go HOME TOGETHER,unnie" I said while smiling. Right, Home.  With her.

---

Author's note:

Don't you guys love Seulgi's character here? 😊