Chapter 14

If you

We were forced to halt our group activities due to the accident. Yeri and I took some time off and rested while the other members continued their schedule. After a few days, I was allowed to go back into public while Yeri had to rest since her bruises are still visible.

I had several schedules in which I had to appear on variety shows alone. I would always be nervous, but the staff would always treat me kindly and that made me feel comfortable.

We started practicing for our upcoming comeback while recording for the album. Yeri joined us after fully recovering but she was still forbidden to join our group performances.


We were practicing one day for an award's show when Irene-unnie suddenly excused herself holding up her phone. Her face scrunched up when she went back inside the practice room. I was curious but I decided not to pry.

Before the choreographer called us to resume the practice, Irene-unnie excused herself to go to the comfort room. After she left, her phone suddenly vibrated signaling an incoming message. Out of curiosity, I took a peak and I saw his name, Bogum's name.

"Will pick you up for dinner later Happy Monthsary, baby. Love you 😚
-Your Bogummy"


My insides turned upside down after reading the message. I pretended to be clueless when Irene-unnie reemerged inside the practice room. We started practicing then.After the practice, Irene-unnie stayed back while I went home with the members.

During the award's ceremony, Irene-unnie keeps on clinging on me holding my hand and I would sometimes catch her eyes looking at my lips. She started acting this way after the accident. She started being overprotective. She would always hold my hand, cling into my arm or hug me. I should be happy but I'm not, not when she's giving me false hope, not when she would hug me to sleep after spending her day with Bogum. She can't have the best of both worlds but I don't have the heart to reject herlllll.

When the MC announced that we won the Best Music Video and Top 10 artist, we were so happy. Finally, our efforts are starting to pay off. While I was giving my speech, I felt her hand playing with my fingers before clasping it tightly. I stared at her and she just gave me one of her sweetest smile.

My heart is about to explode everytime I think about her. She was starting to be bold this days. She would randomly hug me from behind then she would sometimes give me a peck in the cheek before bidding her goodnight. She confuses me and it doesn't help that she would always sit beside me and blatantly stare at me that it sometimes make me feel uncomfortable.

Then one day she informed us about her break-up with Bogum. We were all stunned. I looked at her worriedly then she just smiled at me. She did not disclose the reason of their break up but she told us that she was the one who broke it off. I was beyond shocked.

Wendy looked at me as if she knows something I do not know.

That night, she asked me again if she can sleep beside me and I allowed her thinking that maybe she's still suffering from her break up. She's so good in hiding her feelings that I don't even know what she's thinking or feeling anymore. I thought that she might need me, her bestfriend, to comfort her. She burried her face against my neck sending volts of electricity throughout my body.  She hugged me and closed her eyes to sleep. I was given the chance to look at her upclose. Her long lashes, her pointed nose, her plump lips, her sharp jawline, her neck. I closed my eyes before my eyes travel in forbidden areas, before I do something that I might regret.

"I hope you're okay. I always want you to be happy Joohyun-ah. You deserve to be happy." I said then I pecked her forehead.

She was rather happy after that day. She was enthusiastic during the practice. She would sometimes bully the maknaes or join them in their silly antics. It was good to see her in a good mood like this. Her smile reaching her eyes, brightening up my world.

Then it was one night when she was lying beside me with her eyes close, that I felt it. Her soft lips brushing against my neck. I was about to fall asleep when I felt it. It was one of those nights when she begged me to sleep beside her. She always nuzzle her face against my neck but it was the first time that I felt her lips against the skin of my neck. My body is on fire. I was lying there stiffly while she was hanging onto my body comfortably. I was not able to sleep that night thinking about the kiss or is it just my imagination.

--

Author's note:

Aren't you guys excited for Irene's POV? Should I post it tonight? Enjoy 😉