Chapter 21

If you

It was a good thing that we don't have any schedule the next day. My eyes are swollen, my face is swollen, the eyebags under my eyes is not helping. My body is sore and my heart is even more aching. When the members knocked on my door informing me that they would go out, I did not even bother to answer them and pretended to be asleep.

I was lying face down on my bed when I heard a knock and soft click in my door following the intrusion of someone I did not expect.

"I thought you went out", I said flatly.

"Well, I thought you might need my company", she said while grinning.

"Go away, Wendy. I'm not in the mood  for your games. Stop annoying me", I said still calmly.

She just shifted closer and kneeled down in front of me staring at my face.

"What do you want, Wendy?", I said while looking elsewhere feeling uncomfortable with her scrutinizing eyes.

"Have you given it a thought unnie?", she asked while looking at me intently.

"Thought about what?", I asked back with my eyes looking at the ceiling.

"You're feelings for Seulgi", she said.

"How are you so sure that I really have feelings for her?", I asked her as our eyes meet.

"I know you're confused unnie. But you had to think about her, too. She will not wait for you forever. She won't be available forever. If you act so slow, she might really be taken away from you, do you want that?" she said with a worried expression.

"I noticed it the first time I met you. You two are basically inseparable. I saw the way she looks at you and I saw the way you look at her. Do you know why nobody attempted to hit on  you or Seulgi? It's because everyone knows. It was vague but it was there. The love and care you had for each other. You might confuse it as a sisterly or friendly love but it was more than that unnie. You can't deny the strong pull you had towards each other. Now all you need to do is sort out your feelings. And unnie..please stop running away from your feelings. You are just prolonging each other's agony", she said with much concern. It was the first time I saw her like this, not the annoying brat she used to be.

"Why...why are you doing this? I thought you love her?", I said ending my question in a low voice.

"Oh, I didn't mean loving her romantically though.She's charismatic and I like bears but I still prefer Sunggyu-oppa", she said then she winked at me. It was the first time I smiled genuinely at her. I never thought she cared for us this much. And I never thought that she was dating behind our backs. I decided to let it slip this time.

"Want me to bake you some carrot cake unnie?", she asked while beaming at me. I nodded rather enthusiastically forgeting the inner turmoil I've been having.

It was past dinner when I heard another knock on my door. I heard the soft click followed by the entrance of the person I missed so much. She stepped closer and sat beside me. She brushed some loose strands of hair aside and looked at me worriedly.

"Unnie, are you feeling better now? Wannie said you were not feeling well earlier", she said with much concern. Instead of answering, I pulled her closer and hugged her tightly. I felt her body went rigid at first then as her body relaxes, she returned my hug. She started my back soothingly.

"What's wrong unnie? Did something happen?" she asked in which I answered by shaking my head.

"Can we just stay like this for a while, Seulgi-ah?", I asked her without breaking the hug and I felt her nod against me.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until she broke the hug. But instead of leaving the room, she just laid down and motioned for me to do the same. She placed my head in her arm while her other hand went behind my back trapping me in her warm hug. Our bodies closer, so close that I can feel her breath against my skin, I can smell her scent, and I can feel her heart beating against me.

"I won't ask you what happened unnie. But I want you to know that I'm always here when you need me, unnie. I will never leave you again, Joohyun-unnie" she whispered softly while my hair soothingly. We stayed in that position until we both fell asleep.

---

Author's note:

You guys should read a fanfic titled "Apologize". It was so good. I cried while reading that fanfic. And thank you guys for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading them 😊