Chapter 35

If you

Seulgi's POV

I was standing with my mouth hanging open throughout the video. What is this? A fan event? A birthday surprise? It's not even my birthday yet. And why is it filled with pictures and videos of Joohyun-unnie and me. Why would they make such a video.  And where the hell did Seungwan go. I was about to type a message when the light turned off once again. After a couple of minutes, the whole place started to light up. At the platform, I can see a backview of someone, someone very familiar.

When that person turned to face me, my breath hitched. Words are not enough to describe how perfect she is. It was as if time stood still. She was standing at the platform with lights perfectly illuminating her. She was a goddess, an angel, a perfect definition of beauty.

She was wearing a blazer coat over a turtleneck knitted shirt paired up with a tennis skirt and a highcut sneakers. Her hair is perfectly tied up in a bun. She was perfect. I was starting to doubt if this is a reality. Her, Bae Joohyun, the very same Joohyun I fell in love with, standing at an Ice skating rink platform, looking so perfect while holding a microphone. I was getting lost in her eyes.

I broke out of trance when the music started. She was standing there, nervously biting her lip. When the music started, I immediately recognized the song. It was the song we sang at Sugarman.

When the instrumental started, she was looking at me intently her lips turned upward as she dances to the music.


" We've met again today and I felt in one more time
I can tell that you love me
I keep trying to understand your actions,
However you still managed to
Move my heart
"

She was rapping not just her part but Yeri's part to. She was looking at me intently. She was dancing and singing without breaking eye contact with me. She was smiling while looking at me. My heart is pounding against my chest.

" To get what your heart wants
( To get what your heart wants)
Confessing your love is not that hard( its not)
You just have to express the love you feel for me
So I..can feel it"


She was pointing at me. It was the dance' main point. My heart started beating crazily. I was smiling like an idiot. She was singing. She never wanted to sing in front of anyone. Said she was not confident, said she was not good enough. But she is singing, right here, right now, in front of me. With so much confidence.

"You keep hiding this feelings inside your heart

By only showing your impertinent side

I just pretend to believe your acting

But you keep getting more and more awkward"


She was rapping once again. And man was I lost in her voice, in her oh so sweet voice. She never loved her voice when she raps. She was never confident. But that's what I love about her. She was so perfect without even trying. She was so perfect and she does not even realize it.

"I already know it
To get what your heart wants
( To get what your heart wants)
Asking for it is not that hard( no its not)
We just have to give each other some affection
So we..can feel it
"

Then there it was once again. The way she pointed at me. My heart is soaring. I should probably thank the choreographer. She was singing every word as if she meant it. As if she was singing it for me.

"Please dont hide the feelings you have for me anymore
Show all of your heart to me"


The way she looked at me while singing the bridge. How every single word came out of . Her heavenly voice. She never realized it. How her voice made my heart skip a beat. Every note, every word, it just fills my entire being.

"You have already been caught anyways
To get what your heart wants
( To get what your heart wants)
Confessing your love is not that hard( its not)
You just have to express the love you feel for me
To get what your heart wants
( To get what your heart wants)
Asking for it is not that hard( no its not)
We just have to give each other some affection
So I..can feel it"


The way she looked at me teasingly. The way her eyes sparkled. The way she smile. The way her eyes held mine. It was as if, as if, as if she's inlove with me.

After finishing the song, she went down and stood in front of me. Our eyes locking, my mouth started to run dry. My heart is beating erratically. Our bodies so close, I can feel the warmth radiating from her body. She was looking at me expectantly.

"What...what was that? Are you..are you performing somewhere..alone?", I asked her with my voice shaking.

She was looking at me weirdly. As if what I said didn't even make sense.

Then suddenly, she grabbed my coat. And the next thing I knew, or rather felt, was her lips, her soft lips against mine. It was soft, sweet and quick, I didn't even have the time to react. I was frozen in place, my mind went black. I couldn't think straight.

"Is it clear now?", she asked while looking at me expectantly. But I was beyond stunned to even react. I couldn't utter a single word. I couldn't hear anything but my pounding heart.

When she realized my lack of reaction, she grabbed me once again. Her hands locking behind my neck as she pressed her lips towards mine. But this time, it stays there a bit longer. When I thought that she would withdraw, she moved it instead perfectly molding our lips. Upon realizing everything, I closed my eyes as I held her waist and reciprocated to the kiss. Her soft lips, her touch, her body against mine, I think my heart is going to explode.

"Good enough?", she asked after breaking our kiss. I nodded shyly feeling hot all of a sudden.

She held my chin then looked at me intently.

"Saranghae, Seulgi-ah", she said with so much sincerity. I couldn't contain the happiness. It was just too much. It's like a dream. A dream that I wouldn't want to wake up.

I grabbed her arm and engulfed her in a warm embrace burying my face against the nook of her neck. She hugged me back.

"Nado saranghae, Joohyun unnie", I said with my face against her neck. I was overwhelmed with too much emotions. The fact that finally, she love me finally. The feeling of loved and being inlove. It was too much. I didn't even realize it until my eyes started to tear up. She rubbed my back soothingly. We broke the hug after. She was looking at me lovingly while wiping away the dried tears. She was smiling and I think it's more than enough. Her love was more than enough.

Loving might have brought me too much pain and despair. But it was totally worth it. She was totally worth it. I wouldn't want it any other way. Joohyun-unnie, My Joohyun unnie, I can call her mine now. She's mine now. I held her tightly as I placed yet another kiss at her lips, sealing our love for each other. Loving her was totally worth it.

-fin-

---

Author's note:

You guys should listen or watch Redvelvet's performance of "To get what your heart wants" on Sugarman. It was so good. I had been planning to use that song for the finale ever since I started writing this.

Thank you guys for reading and supporting Seulrene. You guys are awesome. I hope I met your expectation with this ending.