Chapter 10

If you

The preparation for our comeback is almost done. We are currently shooting our music video. Everything is almost back to normal. Almost because there's still this invisible wall between Irene-unnie and me. I still call her Joohyun-unnie when we are alone or with the members, I just think that it's right to call her with her stage name when we are on stage. Because for me, calling her Joohyun-unnie is way to intimate.

There are several scenes that we had to act together. And it always feel so good to see her smiling comfortably now even though our close proximity make me feel awkward sometimes.

I would see her secretly checking her phone when she thinks that I'm not around. She would sometimes excuse herself to answer a call and when she comes back she would hold in her smile as if the call didn't please her. It was Bogum of course. I'm not that stupid not to figure it out. It still hurts but I think I learned how to manage my feelings now. At least she's happy.


When we finished filming, I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I saw Wendy grinning on me while holding out her hand. I held it then she lifted our conjoined hands shouting "freedom". I just chuckled. The maknaes too lifted their arms then shouted "freedom" then we all burst into fits of laughter. Then I saw her looking at me while smiling. Her eyes travelled from my face to my hand that is holding Wendy's hand, her smile no longer visible. She didn't go home with us that day saying she needs to go somewhere. Probably a date with Bogum.

Our schedules went smoothly for our comeback. When the music video was released, we held each other's hand as we scrolled the ranking in the music chart. We jumped and hugged each other when we saw our title track at number 1. Indeed, our fans are indeed great.

I saw her phone lit up alerting an incoming call. She excused herself and went to her room,probably to answer the call. When she went out she was smiling from ear to ear. The members asked her who called her, she then blushed when the maknaes mentioned Bogum's name. After she recovered from her flushed face, her eyes immediately zeroed on me. She looked at me with guilt and sympathy. I just smiled.

I smiled because that's the only thing I can offer her. I know she's still feeling guilty when she doesn't even have to. She did not force me to love her. She didn't even gave me false hope. I knew all along that we are nothing but bestfriends. I just feel sorry when I can't be the bestfriend she should have. She can't even tell me how happy she is when she goes on a date with Bogum. She can't even ask me if she looks okay in what she wears when she prepares for their date, not that she needs it anyway, she's always pretty. She can't even confide to me like before, too afraid that she might hurt me again.

When the promotion for our comeback started, we were practically running from one station to another. Performing here and there. We would sleep for 3 hrs then wake up at 3am to start preparing. We were all exhausted. There were times that we would take a nap at the van. There was one time when we were on our way to our apartment, I was sitting beside Irene unnie the maknaes and Wendy at the back. The maknaes and Irene is sleeping, Wendy is in her earphones while I was looking out at the window with Irene-unnie's head leaning on my shoulder. I didn't mind it though, Irene-unnie loves skinship and I'm pretty much used to it.

Her hand suddenly moved and locked on my side, perfectly locking me in a side hug. Her face shifted nuzzling on my neck, I suddenly froze. Her breath hitting my neck sending shivers to my body and warming my face. I heard someone giggle at the back. I searched for the voice and I saw Wendy looking at me while grinning like at idiot. I suddenly felt the body hugging me shifting much closer, her lips almost touching my neck. Then I heard her mumble, at first it was inaudible but when she mumbled again, I heard his name, from , while she was asleep. I felt my heart breaking apart once again. She was so close and yet so far.

It's as if someone kicked me in the guts. I managed to maintain my composure despite the heart ache that I'm feeling. I wanted to pry her hands away from my body but I didn't. Not when she looks so peaceful and innocent. She looks so innocent and yet she had this ability to kill me over and over again. I nudged her hand when we arrived waking her up from her slumber, she then retracted her hand from my body. I just smiled pretending that nothing happened. She smiled back and I think I might have died again.

---

Author's note:

I need your opinion. Should I add Irene's POV?I might not be able to continue this if you don't give me your opinion. So please comment below. I would really appreciate that