Chapter 20

If you

"Oppa, can you do me a favor", the girl asked over the phone.

"Sure thing. What is it?", the person on the other line asked.

After a couple of explaining, the man agreed to do the favor the woman asked her.

"You sure about this?", the man asked.

"Yes, oppa. I needed to do this", the woman answered then ended the call after thanking the man.


----

Irene's POV: 
Seulgi's getting really popular this days. She has been invited to several guestings and I am really happy for her. But I just can't shake off the feeling everytime someone else express their liking for her. In a short span of time, she gained so many fanboys and fangirls as well. She was titled as the girl crush, the 29th most beautiful faces.

It didn't surprise me when she receive a lot of compliment from our seniors. I am happy for her. But there were several occasions when I saw some male and female idols gawking at her and all I wanted to do was wrap her in my arms and inform everyone that she's off limits. Wait, why would she be off limits. She's not even dating anyone, is she? We're bestfriends but I do not own her. The thought just made me depressed. I don't even know why.

While preparing for our stage, I saw her walking up to Moonbyul and Solar. They were all chatting happily. She didn't even notice that I was no longer beside her. Then I saw her hugging Moonbyul, and I can't help but tear my gaze away from them. My eyes started to sting. It confuses me. I've been feeling weird lately.

Seulgi had several idol friends. Naturally, she would introduce me to each and everyone of them and I would exert effort to be closer to her friends. I always wanted to be in her circle of friends. That's why I decided to befriend her friends.

I snapped back to reality when I felt a slight nudge from someone.

"You okay unnie?", Seulgi asked me worriedly. I nodded.

"You're spacing out a lot lately. Is something bothering you?", she asked with sincerity.

"Im okay Seulgi-ah. Maybe, just a little bit tired", I said after shaking my head.

When the staff called us to the stage, I decided to throw all cautions away as I held her hand while giving her the sweetest smile I could muster. From the corner of my eye, I saw Wendy with her gaze shifting from my face to our intertwined hands then she started snickering like an idiot.

After our schedule in the music show, we had to film for another variety show. I spent the ride taking a nap with my head leaning against Seulgi's shoulder, her slender hand holding my hand tightly.

The filming started smoothly. The members as well as the MCs are enthusiastic. We were comfortable since this is not the first time that we guested in this show. It was going smoothly, not until we started receiving calls and talking to fans. One fan confessed his interest with Seulgi. It was okay at first since it was a fan, her fan, our fan. But when it was revealed that it was a male idol, Eunkwang sunbaenim, my insides started flipping. I gripped my pillow tightly while trying to plaster a smile. And it doesn't help that the dumb bear is thanking him while blushing furiously. Does she like it that much? Does she like him that much? I saw a slight disappointment in her face when Eunkwang sunbaenim apologized to her. What does that even mean? Why is she so disappointed. I tried to contain my feelings and filmed as cheerful as possible. At the end of the day, I am still an idol and I should keep my emotions to myself.

When we settled inside the car after filming, I immediately plugged my earphones and closed my eyes. I was in a foul mood and it doesn't help that she's sitting next to me. When I was about to sleep, she gently pulled my head and placed it in her shoulder.

"You would have a stiff neck if you sleep like that unnie", she said while smiling warmly at me. It stings. My heart stings. The thought of her doing this sweet gestures to someone else makes me crazy. I'm starting to lose my mind.

Before we reached the door of our apartment, she pulled me aside and we went somewhere private, somewhere quiet.
 


"Are you okay, unnie? You seemed off earlier", she asked worriedly. I shook my head feeling tired to talk.

"Then do you wanna sleep with me later. I know you said you're tired but I was thinking that maybe you can sleep with ease with this cute bear beside you", she said while grinning then pointing to herself.

"I wanted to sleep alone, Seulgi-ah", I said and she just nodded with disappointment written all over her face.

That night, I spent my time tossing and turning. Thoughts started to flood my mind. Unwanted thoughts. The gnawing feeling is back. My mind flashes back to what happened that day. How Seulgi smiled, How happy she was when she was with her friends, How she hugged someone else, How thankful she was when Eunkwang called, How disappointed she was when he said he's sorry.I can't help but feel sad? Disappointed? Angry? Frustrated? I don't even know. I've been having this strange feelings lately. Then, an unwanted thought started creeping into my mind. What if she likes him? What if they started dating? What if she completely forgets about me? I didn't even realize it until I started to feel hot liquid trickling in my face.

---

Author's note:

The italicized words  are the third person's POV. Enjoy 😉