Chapter 12

If you

We are currently on break after our frantic schedule. I was lying in my bed scrolling through my photos when I received a message from manager unnie.

"Your performance for King of Mask singers airs today.-Manager unnie"

I abruptly stood up and went to Wendy's room pulling her hand without even saying a word. I released her hand when we reached the living room. I pat Yeri's leg urging her to move aside. I sat in the couch pulling Wendy's hand once again urging her to settle beside me. She looked at me with confusion and I just grinned at her.

I switched on the TV exactly on time. We watched the performances giving feedback here and there. When it was my performance, I side glanced Wendy watching for any reaction from her.

When the performance started, I saw her ears perked up as  she recognized my voice. Even the lifeless body of Joy started springing back into life when she heard my voice. I saw Wendy grinning at me. We watched my performance for the first round. When it was time for my aegyo, they all burst out in laughter giving me nasty remarks and teasing me. When it was revealed that I was eliminated from the 1st round, Wendy looked at me while stiffling her laughter.

"Thought you're gonna beat me, right?", she said while snickering like a maniac. I hit her with a pillow.

When my solo performance started, Wendy's face turned serious. She even closed her eyes while listening to my voice. I even saw Joy wiping away her tears.

"Wow. Seulgi-unnie, your voice was really really good", Joy said after the performance.

"She's right. Seulgi you..just wow. It was really good. I guess the 'slump vacation' really helped you", she said while grinning. I gathered two pillows and hit her square in the face.

"Should I go on a vacation too unnie?" Yeri asked.

"No need to do that Yerim. Your voice is hopeless anyway" Wendy said earning a protest from Yeri.

"But seriously Seul, it was really good. You're emotion is just...wow!" Wendy said.

"Oh Irene-unnie, you're back. How long have you been standing there? Did you watch Seulgi-unnie's performance?" Joy said. When I looked up, I saw Irene-unnie standing a few feet away from us with her face soft and a little bit confused I think. She just shrugged and went straight to her room.

"What was that about?", Wendy asked when Irene-unnie's door is closed.

"Maybe she's just tired?", I said with a shrug. Wendy just gave me a knowing look.

---
"Seriously, what's her problem?", Wendy asked when we entered my room. The maknaes went out to grab some snacks while Irene never left her room.

"I really don't know. She's been acting strange lately." I answered her.

"Maybe she's having a problem with Bogum", Wendy said and I just nodded.

"It was for her right?" she asked while staring at me.

"The song. It was for Irene-unnie right? She's one lucky gal." she continued.

"I guess you can say that it was for her. While I was having a break, I keep on thinking about her to the point that I thought I might lose my sanity. I then started singing songs that described my current situation or my feelings for her and I guess it's not that bad. At least I found a way to release this emotions." I explained. Wendy just nodded as if she understood me.

---
I decided to have a drama marathon that night to keep me away from my thoughts when I suddenly heard shuffling at the back of the couch I'm sitting. It was Irene-unnie. I decided to focus my attention back to the drama I'm watching when I felt the sofa dipped.

"Can't sleep?", she asked.

"Not really. I just missed my oppas", I said while grinning.

After a moment of silence, she spoke again.

"So..you and Wendy seemed close this days" she said.

"Why? Are you jealous?" I asked her teasingly.

"Of course not. Why would I be?", she replied.

"Right" How stupid of me to ask such question even if it's just for teasing. It just backfired at me. How pathetic.

"I'm just.. I'm gonna go back to sleep", she said and I just nodded.

"Goodnight Joohyun-unnie", I said softly when she was a few feet away from me. 

---

Author's note: 

This is for the 60 subscribers of this story. I was not even expecting to have 20. This is my last update for today. Enjoy 😉