Chapter 26

If you

Seulgi's POV

Joohyun unnie's acting weird lately. She's been looking at me weirdly this days. Not to mention the attention she's giving me. Not that I hate her attention, it just bothers me. She's acting really weird.

She's been way too clingy lately too. She would always hold my hand and wouldn't even let go if not necessary. She would sneak into me ang hug me out of the blue. She would always sat beside me. 

The fans noticed it too. They even gave us a couple name, Seulrene. Seulgi and Irene is Seulrene. The thought made me happy. The fans would even upload photos and videos of our interaction. And I would always find myself browsing through those photos and videos every night.

One specific video caught my attention. It was a compilation of times when Joohyun-unnie is staring at my lips. I noticed it too. Whether we're performing, doing nothing, or during interviews, I would catch her staring at me then landing her gaze on my lips. Feeling curious, I went to the full length mirror and spent a couple of minutes to look at my lips. It doesn't look weird. It looks okay to me. It looks pretty to me. Why would she look at my lips weirdly? She's really starting to creep me out.

I proceed into watching the same video. I can't help but notice her lips. She has the perfect lips. Her pink lips looks so smooth, soft and  kissable. I wonder what it feels like to kiss those lips, to kiss her. Just the thought of it send shivers to my spine.

And I remembered something that happened when we used to sleep together. The night that I felt something soft landing on my neck. Was it really her? Was it really her lips? I didn't have enough guts to really ask her. What would I ask? 'Hey unnie, did you perhaps kiss me? Did your lips perhaps land on my neck last night?' It would be an awkward and silly question.

I browsed for another video. It was a compilation of our skinship. I was baffled. I didn't know that it looks intimate. Especially the recent one. That brought me to one of our conversation. The night she attempted to confess to me. Or was it really a confession? I know she have gone through a lot. But I couldn't believe she would resort to something like that. I reassured her already. I was okay being her friend. I was ready to stand beside her and comfort her for every break up she would go through. It was already a torture, knowing that she would never look at me the way I look at her. I just don't understand why she would say such a thing. Was she scared? That I might leave her like Bogum did. Cause I told her many times that I would never leave her side. Is she toying me? Does she not care about my feelings? Am I just a rebound for her? A past time when she gets lonely?

I wish I could hate her. I was really mad that night. Had she insist it, I would have lash out on her. I was beyond pathetic already. No need to shove it in my face. No need to rub salt in my wounds. But at least I get to accomplish one of my dreams. To be able to hear her say the three words to me. The magical words 'I love you'. Even if she didn't mean it, I was still happy. At least I got to hear those words from  her.