Chapter 15

If you

Irene's POV:

I gazed at her from afar. I watched as her eyes turn into slits, her lips curving upward. She has such an amazing and unique smile. She's my best friend, Kang Seulgi, the charismatic bear in front of the camera but the dumb bear off cam. I watched as her face scrunched up in confusion, probably due to her inability to pick up the maknaes jokes. She caught me staring at her but instead of panicking I just gave her a smile.

We are currently filming for our music video. After hours of filming, the director allowed us to take a break. The maknaes, as energetic as ever decided to joke around instead of rest. The bear joined them, but she ended up being an outcast anyway.

When the filming resumed, it was Seulgi's turn. I monitored her intently appreciating her acting skills. Maybe this is the effect of her watching too much drama. She really knows how to project in front of the camera.

"Isn't she amazing?", Wendy said while sitting beside me.

"No wonder she have so many fanboys and fangirls", she said with a smirk. I just gave her a shrug.

"She's starting to get popular this days. After singing on King of Mask Singers, the people started to notice her", she said with a smug look on her face.

"She's popular ever since we debuted, Wendy. She's the hidden trainee of SM remember?", I stated.

"Right", she said while smirking.

 I dont even know why but Wendy's making me really uncomfortable this days. She would sometimes look at me as if she's holding one of my secrets.

The filming went smoothly. We thanked the staffs and started preparing to go home.

"Wanna grab something to eat, Seul", Wendy asked while looking at Seulgi then at me.

"I think I'll have to pass. I need to get some sleep, Wannie", Seulgi said.

I looked at Wendy triumphantly and she just gave me a smug grin pissing me off even more.

"Okay then. If you say so", Wendy said while hugging the stupid bear. I started walking away heading to where the van is parked.

I was taking a nap throughout the ride with Seulgi sitting beside me. I interlocked our fingers and leaned my head in her shoulders.

I felt a nudge on my head and the first thing I saw was her plump lips.

"Unnie, we're here", she said. I rubbed my eyes shaking off the sleepiness. She held out her hand and I gladly took it as we both headed upstairs at the dorm.

After having our dinner, we decided to go on our individual rooms. After tossing and turning for an hour, I decided to just watch some drama.

It was past midnight when I heard some shuffling and felt an added weight in the couch. I shifted my gaze and it was her. The cute fluffy bear.

"Can't sleep?", she asked while rubbing her eyes cutely.

I just nodded while pouting.

"Wanna sleep beside me?", she asked with a smile.

"Is it okay? I mean..I know you're tired and you need to sleep comfortably..and I might bother you", I said shyly.

"You are always welcome to sleep in my arms unnie. I know you can't sleep without this charismatic bear beside you", she said while grinning.

She was right though. I started sleeping peacefully without interruptions when I was in her arms. Her warmth gave me sense of protection. She always make me feel safe.

She held her hand out while smiling and I accepted it following her pull. I settled beside her while facing her. My arms snaking behind her stomach securing her in a hug while her arm settled behind me. I shifted closer settling my face against the crook of her neck. I closed my eyes and inhaled her scent, her unique sent that always soothe me. I felt her steady breathing against me. And I was reminded of that night, the night when I gave in to my curiosity and placed a chaste kiss on her neck. I opened my eyes and examined her face. As if on a trance, I placed a chaste kiss below her jawline then shut my eyes tight too afraid that she may catch me. I can feel my heart beating erratically against my chest as if I ran several laps. What is happening with me? Why am I feeling strange lately.

---

Author's note:

Dropping Irene's POV before I sleep. Enjoy reading guys 😉