Chapter 8

Him or him?

Just like this, weeks passed by and her belly was getting bigger. It was difficult for her to move around. She had not really stepped out of Suho’s house since she was afraid that she would get caught by someone she knows.

Only once when she decided to go shopping for her future child, she met her parents in the same mall. Jerelyn then quickly ran out of the mall and flagged a cab back before getting caught.

Most of the times when Jerelyn had to visit the gynaecologist, she would have to go alone. Suho’s parents would be working. Suho would either be in army camp or out flirting with other girls.

---

“Mrs Kim, during this period of pregnancy, I would advise you to bring your husband along whenever you are out. It would be quite dangerous for you because you are quite skinny and will get cramps easily. Is Mr Kim busy? I had not seen your husband before.” The doctor asked.

All Jerelyn could do was to smile and told him that Suho was busy. To break the awkward silence, the doctor decides to start the check up for Jerelyn.

“As I’ve told you in the previous check-up, we are going to check for the baby’s gender today.” The doctor informed Jerelyn while she put the gel on Jerelyn’s belly and started doing the scan.

The doctor kept rolling to check for the baby’s gender.

“Well… Congrats Mrs Kim. It is a baby boy!” the doctor was feeling happy for Jerelyn and showed her the scans.

Jerelyn wasn’t sure to be happy or not. Normally in Asia, parents would want their daughter-in-law to give birth to a baby boy so that they can carry the family name.

However, this was an unwanted pregnancy. Jerelyn showed a small smile to the doctor to acknowledge that she heard it.

But once she left the clinic, Jerelyn sighed as she patted her big belly. “Why…” she whispered softly before going off.

It was only during dinner time that the family members would gather. That was when Jerelyn announced that it was baby boy. Of course, Suho’s parents were more than happy to hear the news.

While having the dinner, Jerelyn suddenly had that thought…

*Was mum happy when she heard that she was going to give birth to didi (younger brother in Chinese)*

A tear then dropped down from her eyes while she was having the dinner. Jerelyn did inform Suho about the news. But he wasn’t care about it. Suho did not care any single thing about her and the unborn child of his. Everything was taken care by his parents. All he did was to fool around.

Most of the nights Jerelyn would cry silently. She misses home. She misses her freedom, and everything.

***

Another short update. I'm sorry if i'm giving short updates because I want the chapter to end nicely. It's better to have cliffhanger also. :p Oh yes. I'm sorry that Sehun did not really appear much for this few chapters. The next few chapters will not have him either. Till...an appropriate chapter, he will be back. Hehe. Don't hate me guys ><