Chapter 14

Him or him?

The next morning arrives and the moment she went out of Elliot’s room, Jerelyn stepped onto a piece of paper. She looked down and saw it was the divorce letter that she had shown Suho the last night.

Her eyes widened as she saw his signature on the line he was supposed to sign. If that was what he really wish, she would grant him. She went back to the room and took a pen to sign.

During the breakfast, Jerelyn broke the news to Suho’s parents that both of them were getting a divorce and it was her idea. Elliot was busy having his breakfast not knowing what was going on.

“Darling, why?” Suho’s mother pleaded.

“I’m sorry mum. For the past 5-6 years I had enough of him. I just want the best environment for Elliot’s growth.” Jerelyn insisted on the divorce.

Suho’s mother sighed and she knew she had no other way to retain their marriage. She knew the best that her son had been fooling around for the past few years and Jerelyn had been tolerating him.

“Sure then. I will get you a house and a car. That is what I can do the least.” Suho’s mother felt guilty for her son’s behaviour. Jerelyn tried to reject but his mother insisted.

“You definitely need a house to stay after divorcing. I’m sorry for everything.” Suho’s mother could not say anymore words as she was holding onto Jerelyn’s hands.

Jerelyn nodded her head in acceptance for her last gifts.

---

The procedure of the divorce did not last that long since it was a mutual understanding. Within 2 months after the paper was signed, Jerelyn finally returned to her status of “single”. Well, Elliot would be following her. She wouldn’t mind having him around. Jerelyn has been loving Elliot ever since he born. Even though it was an unwanted pregnancy back then, but she had grown to love this little child.

In celebration that she had returned to her “single” status, she brought Elliot out around to look at the city. Elliot had been wanting to go to the central business districts since his classmates had gone before. So, Jerelyn finally brought him out to the central business district.

Elliot was running around while Jerelyn sitting at the corner taking photos of Elliot.

Just then, Elliot by accident knocked onto someone. Jerelyn gasped and quickly went over to Elliot, making sure that he was fine.

“I’m sorry that my child accidentally knock onto you.” Jerelyn immediately apologised to the stranger while trying to help Elliot to stand up.

“Jerelyn…?” the stranger asked after recognising her voice. That was when Jerelyn looked up at the stranger. That even surprised her to see him…

***

Tadaaaaaaaaa! Guess who she saw!