Chapter 19

Him or him?

It was a Saturday morning and Jerelyn do not have to look after Jaei and Elliot do not need to attend school. So both of them woke up slightly later than weekdays. Jerelyn was woken up due to a phone call. She was all dreamy till she saw the person that was calling her. It was Sehun. Jerelyn remembered clearly that it was a Saturday and she did not have to look after Jaei.

Jerelyn picked up the call and Sehun told her over the phone that she should get ready with Elliot and that he would be picking them up soon. But Sehun did not tell her what he was up to. Without any other words, Sehun ended the call and left Jerelyn being blur.

She scratched her head not knowing what to do. All she remembered was Sehun asking her to get ready. She struggled to get off the bed and went into her bathroom to wash up. After washing up, she then went into Elliot’s room to wake him up.

“Wake up Elliot. Get ready. I think Uncle Sehun is bringing us out.” Jerelyn lightly shook Elliot. Reluctantly, Elliot opened his eyes. Jerelyn smiled at him. Seeing that he is such a cute child. After a while of struggle, Elliot then left his bed to wash up.

Jerelyn then went back to her room wondering what to wear. After much thoughts, she picked out a flowery long dress. It was as if she was prepared to go to the beach. Then she went on to put on light makeup.

“Mummy. Where are we going?” Elliot asked as he ran into Jerelyn’s room.

“I have no idea. Uncle Sehun asked us to get ready. That’s all.” Jerelyn was all puzzled not knowing where Sehun would bring them to. Then Jerelyn held onto Elliot’s hand to his room to pick out a shirt.

Just as Elliot had done wearing his shirt, the doorbell rang. Jerelyn quickly ran to the living room to open the door.

“Wow. You look good.” Sehun complimented Jerelyn. Jerelyn couldn’t help but feeling blushed. Then Elliot ran out from his room while calling out, “Uncle Sehun!” Sehun would then carry him as Elliot ran into his arms.

“Oh ya. You know that we are going to the beach?” Sehun asked when he saw Jerelyn’s outfit. Jerelyn shook her head indicating that she had no idea where he was bringing them to.

“Elliot, we are going to the beach!” Sehun pinched his cheek while announcing the place that they would be going. Elliot cheered loudly because he had been wanting to go to the beach. Jaei was in the stroller at that moment.

“Don’t we need to prepare food?” Jerelyn asked as she was afraid that Sehun and Elliot would get hungry by the time they reached the beach.

“Don’t worry, I’ve prepared everything. It’s all in the car.” Sehun smiled widely at Jerelyn. Again, she was blushing. Without much talking, they left the house and headed to get on to Sehun’s car.

Jaei was sitting at the back with Elliot but on a baby seat. Jerelyn wanted to sit at the back too. However, Sehun insisted that she should sit at the front passenger seat.

“Elliot can look after himself.” Sehun assured her. Jerelyn then sat at the front passenger seat.

Throughout the car ride, Elliot was cheering loudly because he was really excited to visit the beach. Jerelyn too, she was excited as she hadn’t been visiting the beach for quite a long time.

Sehun’s driving skills was good. The car ride was smooth and not bumpy at all. Jerelyn of course felt safe in his car.

---

“Mummy! Open the mat!” Elliot ran towards Jerelyn as he was holding onto the mat. He couldn’t wait to have a “family” picnic. In fact, in his 5 years, he hadn’t had a family picnic.

Jerelyn then received the mat from Elliot’s small hands and opened up the mat. She laid out the mat evenly on the beach and placed all the food on the mat. Then, Sehun came back with Jaei on his arms. Jaei was looking happy too.

“Elliot, are you hungry?” Jerelyn asked but Elliot shook his head and went off to run around the beach. “Be careful ya!” Jerelyn shouted, hoping that Elliot would hear it. Then, Sehun went off to play with Elliot, leaving Jaei on the mat with Jerelyn. Of course, Jerelyn gladly look after Jaei while feeding her some baby food.

---

After Elliot was tired from running, he came back to the mat, all sweating. Jerelyn laughed at how Elliot’s face was flushed due to the heat. Sehun also then came back after building the sandcastle that he built with Elliot. Well, Sehun was also sweating a lot. Sehun picked up a bottle of water and gulped down.

Jerelyn was then using a handkerchief to wipe away Elliot’s sweat and handed him a bottle of water to hydrate himself. Next, Jerelyn took out a piece of tissue to wipe away Sehun’s sweat.

At that moment, Sehun’s heart beat was increasing. Maybe it was due to the fact that he hadn’t been going out with a girl ever since Jaei appeared in his life.

“Tha..nk you..” Sehun stuttered after Jerelyn was done wiping his sweat. All of them then proceed to have food. They fed each other. And of course, Sehun fed Jerelyn too. It was really like a family having a picnic together. Sehun also took photos of them.

“We do look like a family.” Sehun was looking at the photo taken while commenting it. This sentence got Jerelyn choked on her food. She take a look at the photo and also admitted that the photo does present like a family having picnic.

---

They headed to a nearby shopping mall to cool themselves after they spent a few hours on the beach. They went into a dessert shop for bingsu.

“Table for a family?” The waitress asked as they entered the shop. It was awkward to answer the question but they nodded their heads. The waitress showed them the way to their table.

“Bing su!” Elliot was feeling happy that he was able to get cold food after spending half of the day under the sun.

It did not take a long time for him to finish the bingsu and left the shopping mall as all of them were feeling tired.

By the time Jerelyn reached home, Elliot had already fell asleep in Sehun’s car and it was already 8pm. Sehun wanted to offer to carry Elliot back home but Jerelyn rejected. She knew that Sehun was also tired from playing with Elliot earlier on at the beach. And Sehun had Jaei to look after.

“Alright then. Be careful. Goodnight.” Sehun bid goodbye with Jerelyn.

***

I apologise for not updating a chapter yesterday because I was busy with applying some academic stuff. Hope you enjoy this chapter!