Chapter 10

Him or him?

“Stop crying will you?” Jerelyn was trying to coax Elliot but he was there in the baby cot crying his lungs out.

“Alright baby. Shush…” Jerelyn then picked up Elliot from the cot and carried him. She walked around their room in the middle of the night trying to lull the baby to sleep. Suho was just on the bed sleeping his life away without caring about Elliot.

No matter how noisy Elliot’s crying was, Suho was just able to sleep without shifting. Jerelyn wondered if Suho was in another world. But she was on the verge of another breakdown. It was tough for her to always wake up in the middle of the night due to Elliot’s crying. And then waking up early to check on Elliot’s diaper or to make milk for him.

Dark circles could be seen around her eyes but she had no other choice. She was just like other housewives just that she did not need to do house chores. It was already tough enough to look after a baby. Now that she know how it feels to be a mum, she felt sorry for her mother.

Jerelyn’s mother had been taking care of them and at the same time she got to do house chores.

*It had been hard on you, mum.* Jerelyn’s inner voice was saying.

---

“Both of you will get married in 2 months’ time ya? Next month Jerelyn will be done with her confinement then both of you can start preparing for your wedding.” Suho’s mother planned their life roads during their breakfast.

Jerelyn quietly nodded her head, hoping that Suho would say something. But he did not. Suho knew that no matter what he says, his mother would just go her way.

After breakfast, Jerelyn would then bring Elliot out for a stroll in their nearby park. Elliot would be on the stroller while Jerelyn pushing it.

As for Suho, he had already came out from army so he had no choice to follow Jerelyn to the park since his mother insisted him.

The distance between both of them was definitely far. Jerelyn would be right in front while Suho taking his time to walk while looking at his phone. Just when Jerelyn was crossing the road, a car was speeding in her direction and started honking loudly. Due to the loud honks, Suho looked up to see what was going on.

Jerelyn was too shocked to react. Her feet seemed to be glued to the road and was not able to move. She was just there looking at the car speeding towards her direction.

“Watch out Jerelyn!” Suho shouted and quickly ran towards her. He pushed Jerelyn forward. The stroller was also being pushed forward. Suho was hugging Jerelyn as he pushed her. Both of them were lucky enough to avoid the accident. But both of them were injured as they fell onto the ground. Abrasions could be seen on their arms.

Without caring about her wounds, Jerelyn quickly stood up to see if Elliot was alright. It seemed like the honks had scared him and he was crying loudly. Jerelyn immediately carried him and lulled him.

“Sorry baby. Everything is okay. Shush.” Jerelyn struggled to push the empty stroller as she was carrying Elliot. Just then, Suho grabbed hold onto the stroller and helped her.

Jerelyn was surprised at his actions. Both of them had not been talking for days or even weeks. He had not shown any care about them but for once, Suho was helping her to push the stroller.

“Thank you. I will clean your wounds when we reach home.” Jerelyn realised the wounds on Suho’s arms.

“It’s alright. You have wounds on your arms too. I will help you with that.” Suho answered monotonously. One thing Suho did not know was that, with that one sentence, it gave warmth to Jerelyn. She hadn’t felt this way for a long time. Really long time.

***

Teeheeeee. Sehun's part will be coming sooooooooooooooon. Stay tune alright!