Chapter 17

Him or him?

“Sehun!” Jerelyn called out to him as she opened the door. Sehun was all smiling when Jerelyn opened the door.

“Is everything okay?” Sehun asked while he was still at the door. Jerelyn then assured him that everything was fine and invited him in for dinner. Initially Sehun rejected the idea of having dinner but Jerelyn insisted.

The dinner was already laid out on the dining table. Sehun placed his working bag on one of the dinner chairs as he looked around the house.

Then Jerelyn went into her room to wake Jaei up. Also, she carried her to the living too. “Aigoo, my princess. Are you that tired?” Sehun was looking at Jaei with his loving eyes. He then carried Jaei. The scene looked so much like a loving family to Jerelyn. She smiled at how Sehun was like a ‘father-material’ type.

After that she went into Elliot’s room to wake him up for dinner. Without much complaining, Elliot woke up and greeted Sehun as he saw him in the living room.

“Dinner time!” Jerelyn shouted as she went over to the dining table and took out the covers. At the same time, Sehun placed Jaei onto the baby seat. Of course, Jerelyn did cook porridge for Jaei. While having her dinner, Jerelyn would also feed Jaei.

Sehun wanted to feed Jaei but Jerelyn did not want him to feel tired. It was a long day for Sehun at work.

“Your cooking is really good.” Sehun complimented Jerelyn as he picked up more dishes onto his bowl of rice.

“Glad you love it.” Jerelyn was happy and picked up a chicken wing for him.

Elliot was happily eating because it had been a long time he had sat down on a dining table with a “dad” beside him. He felt that the dinner was filled with warmth. Sehun also helped Elliot to pick up some vegetables onto his bowl. Jerelyn caught the sight and did not help but feeling happy.

*This feels like a happy family.* she was smiling all the way during the dinner time.

---

“I will wash the dishes for you.” Sehun initiated. Jerelyn refused.

“No! I wanna wash it. I don’t care.” Sehun acted as if he was angry and pushed Jerelyn to sit down on the sofa to relax and watch television. Jerelyn had no choice but listened to him. While watching television, she would take some glances at Sehun washing the dishes. She was able to see him from the sofa.

*Husband material.* she thought.

After Sehun was done washing the dishes, he came back to the living and sat down beside Elliot. Elliot was drawing the scene when they had their dinner just now.

“Are you drawing us?” Sehun asked as he looked at what Elliot was drawing. Elliot nodded his head profusely and Sehun laughed. Sehun then asked why was he drawing them.

“Because it’s been a long time ever since I’ve a dad sitting beside me to have dinner together.” Elliot felt hurt because he misses Suho a lot.

Sehun felt awkward at the word, “dad”. But he knew what Elliot meant. His heart felt wrenched as he heard what Elliot had said. Jerelyn heard it too. She felt sorry for Elliot. She thought that all Elliot needed was a mother’s love. She forgotten that a child can be sensitive and that they needed a father’s love too.

“Well, if Elliot loves the warmth, Uncle Sehun is willing to have dinner with you everyday!” Sehun tried to lighten up the ambience. After hearing his words, Elliot immediately jumped up to show his happiness. He even gave Sehun a hug.

It was finally 9.30pm. Sehun decided that he should be leaving since he still have work the next day. Jerelyn walked him to the door and thanked him for what he had said to Elliot. Sehun did not say a word and just smiled. Then he left the house with Jaei on his arms.

After closing the door, Jerelyn leaned against the door and couldn’t help but to smile. It was happy that everything was going fine for her. Her life was getting better.

***

Happy Familyyyyyy