Chapter 21

Him or him?

That night, Suho spent the night over at Jerelyn’s house. The next day when they woke up, Jerelyn smell something really good coming from the kitchen. Jerelyn went out of the room and could hear Elliot’s voice.

“Daddy. It smells good!” Elliot’s young and innocent voice definitely made Jerelyn smiled. As she entered the kitchen, Elliot greeted her and pulled her to Suho’s side.

“Mummy! Daddy is cooking pasta for us!” Elliot was really excited. He had never tasted Suho’s cooking, neither did Jerelyn tasted before.

Suho smiled at Jerelyn greeted her too. He even asked Jerelyn to quickly wash up as brunch will be served soon.

After Jerelyn had done washing up, she waited at the dining table with Elliot. “Hot and piping pasta is coming!” Suho shouted as he held onto 2 plates of pasta and walked towards the dining table. He gave the 2 plates to Jerelyn and Elliot before going back to the kitchen and take his portion.

When Suho finally settled down, 3 of them started digging in. Elliot was the happiest on the table. His dream finally had come true – which was to have dinner together with Jerelyn and Suho.

Both Elliot and Jerelyn complimented Suho’s cooking. Suho wanted to comment that he had always been cooking for the other girls but he held back. He knew it wasn’t the right thing to say it. Especially in front of his son.

After having their breakfast, Jerelyn initiated to wash the dishes since she wasn’t the one cooking. Suho then accompanied Elliot to play in the living room. They were playing PS4. Suho bought it for Elliot while he went out for the groceries in the morning.

Laughter could be heard all over the house. While washing the dishes, Jerelyn felt the warmth. Finally the 3 of them were together. But she knows that this wouldn’t last long. She thought that, that day was the only day that Suho would willing spend his time with Elliot and her.

“Shall we go shopping?” Suho asked when he saw that Jerelyn had done with washing. Of course, to her, Suho did that just to cheer her up. She agreed and went into her room to change out. Then Suho helped Elliot to change his clothes too. It was the first time that Suho had helped Elliot to change.

He had not closely looked at how big his son had already grown. For the past 5 years, he did not even looked at Elliot for more than 30 seconds. That was when it hit him that it had been hard for Jerelyn to look after Elliot on her own.

“Elliot, daddy is sorry…” Suho almost teared up as he helped Elliot to change. Thinking back at how failed he was as a father.

Elliot had no idea why Suho was apologising to him. “Daddy, why are you apologising?” Elliot asked curiously.

Suho did not say another words but just went on with helping Elliot to change. Luckily for him, Elliot wasn’t the type of child that will keep probing.

---

Suho got themselves a parking lot before alighting the car. He had drove them to Myeongdong. It was a place that Jerelyn had not been to for a long time. Her eyes brightened up as she saw all the shops.

“Oppa! Can we go to that makeup store?” Jerelyn pointed to Etude house and pleaded Suho to go. Well, Suho of course had dealt with many girls’ aegyo and agreed with her.

Jerelyn walked in a fast pace and entered the shop. There were many beautiful lipsticks being displayed. She tried on the colours that caught her eyes. There were a few colours that she was thinking about. “This one is nice.” Suho randomly made a comment. Well, Jerelyn’s heart skipped a beat after hearing that. And she decided on buying the lipstick that Suho said was nice.

As Jerelyn was about to pay, Suho came out of nowhere and handed the cashier the money. The cashier was shocked but mesmerised at how gentleman Suho was. Just at the cashier was dreaming about Suho, Elliot went running towards Suho and right in front of the cashier, Elliot called Suho, “Daddy!”

That was the moment when the cashier realised that both of them were married and had a child. Awkwardly, she handed the extra change back to Jerelyn.

After the purchase, they went into a toy shop. It was Elliot’s turn to widen his eyes at all the toys available in the shop.

There were many toys that had just came out. Elliot did not had a chance to show off his toys to his classmates previously. He looked at all the new toys and picked out one that caught his eyes. His first instinct was to go over to Jerelyn and begged her to buy for him.

Jerelyn agreed but once she saw the price, she regretted that she agreed to Elliot. It was way too expensive. She had her savings but the savings was for Elliot’s future education.

Of course, Suho did realise Jerelyn’s reaction after seeing the price. He knows that it would be hard on her if she bought the toy.

“Daddy will buy for you.” Suho cut in. Elliot jumped for joy. Jerelyn rejected his idea but Suho insisted. “I hadn’t been buying things for him.” Suho replied with guilt in his tone. Jerelyn then agreed to let him buy.

---

They shopped for a few hours. Jerelyn and Elliot did bought some clothes and were paid by Suho. They got themselves dinner before going back home.

Suho sent them home before driving back.

As Elliot was about to alight, he asked a question to Suho.

“Daddy, you will bring us out again right?”

Jerelyn was anticipating his answer.

***

Hmmmmmm. Will they go out again? And what will happen to Sehun?