Chapter 16

Him or him?

It was the day that Jerelyn first day being Jaei’s nanny. She woke up at 6am to prepare breakfast for Elliot so that he could go to school on time. After driving him to school, Jerelyn then drove to Sehun’s house to pick Jaei up. Even though Sehun had left for work before picking up Jaei, she knew that she would still be able to see him after he ended his work.

“Thank you so much Jerelyn.” Sehun’s mother thanked her for taking care of Jaei.

Jaei was still sleeping when Jerelyn was there to pick her up. Jerelyn drove carefully so that the road wouldn’t be that bumpy to wake Jaei up.

Once they reached her house, Jerelyn carried Jaei into her room and the baby cot was prepared. Previously the baby cot was used by Elliot. Jerelyn Jaei’s forehead before she left the room.

She then started preparing Jaei’s lunch. Even though it was still quite early, she just wanted to prepare it before Jaei wakes up. And that she would only need to heat up the food when Jaei wakes up.

It had been a long time since Jerelyn actually hummed while cooking. This showed that she was really happy with her life now. She was finally carefree. She had not thought that this day would come.

---

It was only 9.30 am when Jerelyn was done with the cooking. She was already feeling all tired so she decided to take a nap.

However, it was not long when she was deep in her sleep, that she got woken up by the crying of Jaei.

She immediately woke up and went over to look at Jaei. Well, she had dirtied her diapers… So, Jerelyn changed the diaper for Jaei.

After changing, Jaei refuses to sleep. Jerelyn had to play with Jaei while she heat up the food that she had prepared earlier on.

“Yay, Jaei. Yummy is here!” Jerelyn brought out a small bowl of porridge from the kitchen. And started using the ‘aeroplane’ style to feed Jaei. Jaei’s laughter could be heard in the house. It was filled with happiness.

Even though the house that Suho’s mother had gotten them wasn’t that big like how their house was, but the house definitely has more warmth. It was like an ideal home to Jerelyn.

In the afternoon, Jerelyn would put Jaei in the stroller and went to pick up Elliot from school. Elliot was not enrolled into a full day preschool. It was a walking distance from their house to Elliot’s school. So, Jerelyn treated it as an afternoon walk with Jaei.

After picking up Elliot, they headed over to a food centre for lunch. Luckily Jaei had her lunch before coming out. So, Jerelyn just had to look after Elliot during their lunch. And she could have her lunch in peace too.

Even though at times Jaei would make noises as if she wanted a taste of the food. Jerelyn would still let Jaei try her food. It was rather cute to see Jaei’s facial expression when she tried the spicy food that Jerelyn fed.

When they were done with their lunch, they headed over to the nearby shopping mall for a walk. Elliot would run around and then went into ToysRus. He would then try different toys and would pester Jerelyn to get for him. But Jerelyn had to save up money. It was for Elliot’s future. Therefore, she rejected him. Elliot would feel sad but he was a nice boy and would not cry loudly in the public.

Before heading back home, they went to the supermarket to shop for groceries. Since Sehun would be coming to their house in the evening, Jerelyn decided to cook a better meal.

When Jerelyn was done with her groceries, they then strolled back home.

Well, babies would need to have afternoon nap. By the time they reached home, Jaei had already fallen asleep in the stroller. Jerelyn then carried her back to the cot while Elliot went back to his room to start doing homework.

During this time, Jerelyn would quickly prepare for their dinner.

“Fishhhhhh.” Jerelyn was close to singing as she took out the ingredients from the bag. Then she started frying fish, chicken wings and others.

By the time she had done the dinner, it was close to 6.30pm. At any time, Sehun would be here to pick up Jaei. Because Sehun ends work at 6.30pm.

Jerelyn started sweeping the floor and mopping. Just as she was done with the cleaning, the doorbell rang.

***

Loving this story till now? Hehe.