Chapter 15

Him or him?

“Sehun…?” Jerelyn recognised the ‘stranger’.

“Yes, it’s me. Why are you here?” Sehun casually asked. Jerelyn then told him that she was here with her son and Sehun was surprised that her son was already this big.

“So how about you? Not married yet?” Jerelyn asked as she was curious but at the same time, that tingling feeling for him was coming back. Sehun had not changed ever since college. To her, he was still looking hot.

“My girlfriend ran away after giving birth to Jaei.” Sehun tried to smile genuinely while saying those words. Well, it hurts to hear what he had gone through. How she wished that she was the one he chose back in college.

They chatted a little while and realised that Jaei was only 1 year old. And Sehun could only let his mother to look after Jaei while he’s out working. He felt bad to let his mother to take care of his child. But childcare nowadays are difficult to trust. Parents wouldn’t know how the teachers would treat their child, etc.

“Why not I look after Jaei for you?” Jerelyn offered to help him decrease his load. But another hidden motive was that she would be able to see him more often after that. Sehun thought for a moment before agreeing, which caused Jerelyn to feel happy about it.

As Sehun was only out for lunch, he exchanged his number with Jerelyn and was told to contact her after his working hours end. Jerelyn happily agreed to wait for him around the district.

After Sehun had left for work, Jerelyn jumped around, smiling to herself like crazy. It had been a long time since she felt so happy. The only happiness she would receive is from Sehun. He was the only source of happiness for her. Maybe that divorce was a great start for her. Jerelyn felt relieved that she made the right choice.

“Mummy, why are you so happy?” Elliot was puzzled because he hadn’t seen Jerelyn smiling so widely before.

“Mummy got a job. And you will be able to have a younger sibling to play with in the future.” Jerelyn patted his head while holding his hand to the nearby McDonald’s for lunch.

---

Right after Sehun ended his work, he called Jerelyn. They had agreed to go over to Sehun’s house to take a look at Jaei. To let her familiarise Jerelyn’s face.

So, Sehun drove Jerelyn and Elliot back to his house. Politely, Jerelyn greeted Sehun’s mother.

Sehun’s mother was more than happy to see that Sehun was finally bringing a girl back home. But Jerelyn was just a nanny. Sehun went to his room to carry Jaei out.

“Oh my. She’s so cute.” Jerelyn was playing with Jaei’s cheeks while Sehun was still carrying her. Then, she tried carrying Jaei. Lucky enough for her, Jaei did not cry and it seemed like Jaei enjoyed having Jerelyn.

Then, Sehun told his mother that Jerelyn would look after Jaei from then on. And the schedule would be Jerelyn fetching Jaei from his house to her house everyday except weekends. After Sehun ended his work, he would then fetch Jaei back home. It sound troublesome but all Sehun wanted was to allow his mother to relax.

“Oh yes. I will be paying you $800 per month. Is that alright?” Sehun remembered about the salary for Jerelyn.

To Jerelyn, it wasn’t the salary that counts. Being able to see Sehun was all she wanted. She did not mind about the salary and even tried to lower the salary but Sehun insisted on $800 because that was the lowest market rate. He even felt sorry that he wasn’t able to pay her more than that.

After both of them had agreed with the salary and schedule, Sehun then drove Jerelyn and Elliot back home.

***

Sehun is back in story! What do you guys think about this chapter? ^^