Chapter 12

Him or him?

“Okay when the wedding song comes in, Jerelyn you will have to march in. The door will be opened on its own. You just got to walk down the aisle in your best catwalk.” Suho’s mother told Jerelyn as they were rehearsing for the wedding which would be happening in 2 weeks’ time.

Throughout the rehearsal, Jerelyn’s mind was filled with her father. Knowing how other girls would walk down the aisle holding onto their father’s arms… She wanted that kind of wedding. Not a wedding where her parents does not know till she sent out the invitation card.

“Great. You can be a model.” Suho’s mother joked when Jerelyn had done with her walking.

“Mum. Can I ask for a favour?” Jerelyn turned to Suho’s mother and asked.

“Sure, go ahead and say.” Suho’s mother was smiling when replying to her.

“It’s just …” Jerelyn continued her request. And Suho’s mother agreed to her request.

---

Yeah sure that 2 weeks passed really fast. It was on a Saturday that their wedding was held on. Jerelyn was in the makeup room trying to calm herself down and rehearsed on her speech to her parents.

Meanwhile, Suho was just at the entrance of the wedding hall, welcoming the guests. He got hold of a picture of Jerelyn’s parents, in case they turned up and he didn’t know that it was them.

From far, Suho spotted the familiar old couple. He quickly took out the photo and realised that it was Jerelyn’s parents. He quickly walked up to her parents and greeted them.

“Hello, mum. Hello, dad.” Suho politely greeted. Even though he hated this wedding so much but he still got to respect Jerelyn’s parents.

Jerelyn’s parents were stunned at how good Suho’s mannerism was. Well, what they didn’t know was the back part of Jerelyn’s life – that Suho did not give any about her and their child.

---

“Good evening to all the guests. I thank everyone for coming down to witness Suho’s and Jerelyn’s marriage life. In another 5 minutes, the wedding will commence.” The MC greeted the guests.

Of course, Jerelyn’s parents were sitting at the family table, together with Suho’s parents and Elliot. At that time, Elliot was only 2 months’ old. Suho’s mother was just carrying him.

“This little baby looks cute.” Jerelyn’s mother nudged to her husband while looking at the baby’s eyes. To her, the baby’s eyes look so much alike to Jerelyn’s when she was younger. She immediately shook out the thoughts.

---

Suho was standing right in front of the stage while the priest on the stage. The wedding song was and the back door was opened. Jerelyn’s silhouette can be seen at the back. Her parents turned around and looked at Jerelyn while she slowly marched in with a bouquet of flowers on her hand.

Jerelyn walked slowly and not looking up. Her veil was covering her face. The moment when she looked up was when she passed by their parent’s table and she gave a glance at her parents. She was afraid that her parents would do something to null the wedding.

The wedding song ended just nice when Jerelyn reached the side of Suho. Suho then took her arms to hook it around his arms. Jerelyn was obviously shocked because it was the first time that Suho did it.

Both of them exchanged their vows and luckily Jerelyn’s parents did not object their wedding. Rather than objecting their wedding, they were more curious how both of them met or why did they decided to get married at such young age.

Then, the MC handed the microphone over to Jerelyn. It was the request that Jerelyn had requested to Suho’s mother. She wanted to do a speech to her parents, telling them about Elliot.

Jerelyn turned around and facing her parents. Her arms were still hooking onto Suho’s arm.

“Hi daddy, hi mummy. I know it has been almost a year that I’ve last seen both of you. I am sorry for leaving our home last year. It was the only thing I could do back then. I rather run away from home than to face the reality that both of you will reprimand me if I break the news to both of you.” Jerelyn’s eyes were filled with tears while she was giving the speech.

But her parents were even more puzzled at what causes her to leave home.

“Mummy, now I know how giving birth is like. I thank you for giving birth to me but I wasn’t a filial daughter. Yes, you did not hear wrongly. I know how giving birth is like. The baby that Suho’s mother is carrying belongs to ours. He is Elliot. I gave birth to him 2 months’ ago.” Jerelyn finally broke the news to her parents that she was pregnant back then.

Jerelyn’s parents were about to faint at this moment. Jerelyn kept apologising over the microphone and slowly walked towards them. What shocked them the most was when Jerelyn kneeled down to ask for forgiveness.

“Stand up.” Jerelyn’s father urged her to stand up because it was embarrassing. But Jerelyn refuses to do so unless they forgive her. Well, at the end of the day parents wouldn’t want their children to suffer, of course they forgive her.

***

It's a longer chapter! YAY. Hehe. Hope you all like this chapter!