Chapter 18

Him or him?

Just like this, it was Jerelyn’s daily life. She would fetch Jaei from Sehun’s house then cooked lunch for Jaei, etc.

When Jerelyn fetch Elliot from school, Elliot started crying.

“Mummy…” He was tugging Jerelyn’s shirt. It breaks her heart to see her little sweetie crying. Jerelyn squatted to Elliot’s height and went on to ask the reason he was crying.

“I miss daddy.” Elliot cried even louder. She had no idea why Elliot would miss Suho out of nowhere. Jerelyn comforted him.

“Hushhhh. Elliot, isn’t mummy here? Why do you need daddy?” Jerelyn did not wish to contact Suho at all because she knows that Suho would not care at all.

“I just want daddy. I want daddy.” Elliot continued to cry his lungs out. They were just standing outside of the preschool as Jerelyn was trying to comfort him. Then, Jerelyn thought of an idea that she would call Suho and let Elliot to talk to him.

“Alright. Mummy call daddy for you okay? Then you talk to daddy.” Jerelyn was hoping that this one and only way would work. All Suho had to do was to just pick up the phone. Jerelyn took her phone out and dialled Suho’s number.

Jerelyn had called Suho numerous times and yet he did not pick up the phone. The next thing she could do was to call back to his house number. It was picked up by one of the servants. Luckily enough, Suho was at home. While waiting for Suho to take over the line, she could hear him grumbling, “Who is it that is looking for me?”

When Suho finally answer, Jerelyn made her sentence short.

“I don’t wish to contact you but apparently, Elliot miss you.” Without further ado, she handed her phone to Elliot.

“Daddy…” Elliot was trying to say his words in between his gasps.

She had no idea what would Suho talk about over the phone but she was curious. Elliot had finally stopped crying after hearing Suho’s voice. Jerelyn sighed and wondered what should she do if Elliot was to look for Suho again. Of course she did not want to disturb his life. She just want to make the divorce clean. She had no idea that Elliot would miss Suho. And it was only 1 month after their divorce.

Just as she was wondering, Elliot finally handed back the phone. Jerelyn then went on to ask about the conversation.

“Daddy say he will bring me to go to the beach one day.” Elliot sounded really happy about their plans. But she knows that this will not happen at all. During their marriage, Suho had not spent his life with them. It wouldn’t make sense if Suho do his promise. She was just afraid that the empty promise would make Elliot sad.

Jerelyn sighed again but all she could hope was that Suho would do his promise.

Then, to cheer Elliot up, she brought him to get his favourite food at McDonald’s. Elliot was having his food happily and Jerelyn could see that Elliot was excited about the beach trip that Suho had “promised”.