Chapter 25

Him or him?

“Halmeoni!” Elliot shouted as soon as he saw Suho’s mother. Elliot ran while shouting and embraced into his grandmother’s hug.

“Aigooo. Elliot my grandson. Is everything good?” Suho’s mother asked while Elliot’s hair. At this moment, Jerelyn stepped into their house.

She looked around the house and it seemed like nothing had changed. While looking around, she could hear Elliot talking about his life as well as her own life. Like how Jerelyn had gotten a job and he would play with Jaei dongsaeng.

Jerelyn then went into the kitchen to put down the fruits she had bought. She washed the fruits and cut them into slices before serving them to Suho’s mother.

“Auntie, here’s the fruits I have bought.” Jerelyn had no idea what to call her actually. Because she was once her mother in law.

“Thank you. You don’t have to spend your money like this. Spend more money on Elliot.” She then handed Jerelyn some money taken out from her pocket. Jerelyn profusely rejected. She continued telling her that her salary is good enough for both of them.

Suho’s mother then kept away the money and continued playing with Elliot while having the fruits. At the same time, she would feed Elliot.

As Jerelyn was bored, she started roaming around the house again. Memories of how she first came here shouting for Suho to be responsible to Elliot. After then, she moved in and started her marriage life – which does not felt like she was married.

Jerelyn then walked up the stairs and went into the room that used to be Elliot’s room – which was somewhat her room because she couldn’t enter Suho’s room.

She looked at the old toys that Elliot used to play when he was a toddler. Unknowingly, she smiled at those memories when she spent her time with Elliot. It was a bittersweet life in Suho’s house.

Just then, Suho walked into the room. He also started looking around the room and all the unfamiliar toys. A surge of guilt strike him. He did not know all these toys that Elliot had played before. He was not there for Elliot’s growth. Tears started building up at his eyes. He sniffled and that was what caught Jerelyn’s attention.

Before Jerelyn could say anything, Suho started apologising.

“I’m sorry. I am sorry for nothing being there for Elliot when he was a toddler. He had always been asking for me when he was young. Yet I kept pushing him away. I’m such a lousy father. I’m not fit being his father. And after all these pushing, Elliot still look up to me as his father. I really feel guilty.”

Suho had trouble completing what was on his mind because tears kept rolling down his cheeks. Jerelyn did not speak any words but just stand beside him and comforted him. She did not blame Suho at all – even though she used to blame him for ruining her dreams.

Just like her, Suho did not expect himself to become a father at such a young age and everything came too sudden for him.

“I don’t blame you at all. And I am not stopping you from seeing Elliot either. I know Elliot love you a lot as his father. Anyway, if you miss him, you can just come by my house to visit Elliot.” Without saying much, Jerelyn left the room and joined Elliot.

---

For the rest of the day at his house, both of them did not talk much to each other even during the dinner. When Suho’s father came back from work, he was so happy to see his grandson.

“Why not the both of you stayover here for tonight since tomorrow is Sunday.” Suho’s father suggested as he wanted to spend more time with his grandson.

Jerelyn was hesitating whether she should agree. But Elliot was shaking her arm, telling her to agree. She sighed and agreed to it. Elliot cheered and went over to Suho’s father.

Jerelyn could see that both Suho’s parents were happy that Elliot was staying over with them.

“Let’s go shower together!” Suho’s father carried Elliot and went into the bathroom together. It was just like a typical family where the grandfather would shower together with their grandsons.

Jerelyn frowned as she realised that she did not bring extra undergarments.

“Actually, you still have your clothes here. I did not throw away. I guess you still can wear it.” Suho reminded Jerelyn.

That day when Jerelyn left, she did not bring everything over to their new house. She was relieved that at least she had some clothes to change.

So on that night, Jerelyn had to sleep together with Suho. Because Suho’s father had fallen asleep in Elliot’s room as Suho’s father was having a storytelling session with Elliot.

“Don’t worry. I will sleep on the floor.” Suho smiled.

“It’s alright. Not like we never slept on the same bed before.” Jerelyn did not want Suho to hurt his back while sleeping on the floor therefore she allowed him to sleep on the same bed as her.

***

New chapter up! Omg!! I did not realise that i have 5 upvotes for this story. Omg. Really thankful for you readers for voting this! I know 5 is not alot but still! I'm really thankful. Continue reading my story! Share with your friends too ;P comment down your thoughts!