Chapter 29

Him or him?

While on the way to meet the person, memories of how both of them met, were floating on Jerelyn’s mind.

That day when they both met, was a mistake.

Things did not go according to what she wanted. She gave up everything she had. Her dreams, etc. Then she looked at Elliot who was sitting beside her. She his hair and Elliot turned to give Jerelyn a big smile.

Because of him, Elliot was here.

*I’m thankful to have him. Without him, Elliot wouldn’t be here and I won’t be this strong.* she thought and looked out of the window.

“Mummy, where are we going to meet Daddy?” Elliot asked and Jerelyn answered him the shopping mall that Suho had told her to go.

As they were approaching the mall, Jerelyn felt uneasy. She did not know what to say to him when they meet.

---

“$12 for the fare, mdm.” The taxi driver said.

Jerelyn took out her wallet and paid the fare.

She was pushing Jaei on the stroller while Elliot walking on his own. The mall was crowded with people.

“Stay close to mummy.” Jerelyn warned Elliot as she did not want him to get lost in the mall.

It was like the first time they met. She had to keep a look out for the tall figure.

Just then, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“I knew you would come.” He said.

Before Jerelyn could say anything else, Suho held onto Elliot’s small hand and they went off to shop for food.

Jerelyn sighed and immediately ran up to them with Jaei with her.

She then took a look at her watch. It was showing 8.10pm. Jerelyn was wondering if Sehun was waiting for her.

She wanted to buck up her courage and confess everything to Suho before anything else happens.

“Suho! I have something to tell you.” Jerelyn finally caught up with Suho and held onto his arm.

“Wait! Let’s help Elliot to get his icecream first!” Suho smiled and went off to an icecream stall with Elliot. Jerelyn sighed and continue going with them.

While waiting for their icecream to be served, Jerelyn felt that it was the right time to tell him everything.

However, when she was about to speak, it was their turn to collect their icecream. She sighed again. Then she looked at her watch.

*8.30pm*

30 minutes had passed since the time that Sehun had asked to meet.

Suho came back with icecream on his hand. And Elliot was having it happily.

“Suho! I can’t wait any longer. I have to tell you now.” Jerelyn said.

This time round Suho then looked at her. Jerelyn’s face was all serious.

“I’m here to tell you… I don’t think we can be together. I know and I can see that you have been trying your best to be a better father to Elliot. But right now, all I’m thinking of is Sehun. I’m sorry that I have to say this. I’m just following my heart. And you know, both of us wasn’t supposed to be together. It was all a mistake.” Jerelyn finally poured out.

Suho couldn’t express his sadness. But in his heart, he was dying. Finally he wanted to be a better person, and not flirt anymore. Yet, Jerelyn is leaving him. But he couldn’t complain anything because it was his fault from the start. He did not treat Jerelyn the right way.

“I get it. I was at fault anyway.” That was all he could say. Then he forced a smile.

“I’m not saying that you couldn’t visit Elliot anymore. You are still his biological father anyway. You are still more than welcomed to visit him.” Jerelyn said.

Suho then nodded again.

“Also, I supposed to have a meeting with Sehun at 8…” Jerelyn told Suho, hinting that she should be leaving soon.

“I get it. Go and find him now. It’s going to be 9 soon…” Suho forced another smile.

Jerelyn nodded. She got up and push Jaei. She then asked Elliot if he wanted to stay with Suho or to go with her to look for Sehun. Elliot then agreed to follow Jerelyn.

Elliot bid goodbye before leaving Suho.

Jerelyn then quickly rushed to the main road to flag a cab since she was already an hour late.

*Sehun please wait for me.* she prayed as she got up the cab.

Suho was left behind at the icecream shop, bitterly eating the sweet icecream. It wasn’t sweet at all to him. It felt bitter and salty. Because his tears were rolling down his eyes.

He had tried his best to be a better person and treating Jerelyn the way he should be treating. However, it was all too late. Jerelyn is gone.

---

While Jerelyn was on her way to meet Sehun…

He had been there at M shopping mall, waiting for an hour. He kept looking at his watch and look out for familiar figure.

Sehun sighed watching his watch turning 9pm.

*I guess she did not want to meet me. Maybe Suho was the one she needed.* Sehun thought.

Looking at the crowd for once last time for familiar faces…

Sehun sighed and left the mall bitterly…

***

Sorry for letting you all to wait! I was thinking how to write this chapter... But here's another cliffhanger! Don't kill me okayyy >< comment below your thoughts!!