Chapter 34

Everlasting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cheon Sa’s POV

 

We are currently in the dinning room having our breakfast. Last night after a little nap we had dinner, and after that I decided not to discuss about the matters since I rather let it slide than to feel another tension because I’m just not used to argue much with Jaebum. I was about to peel an orange but Jaebum took it away from me ..

 

“Let me peel it for you ..” he said giving me his sweetest smile that I adores so much.

 

“Oppa ..” I said.

 

“Yes baby?” he said.

 

“Do you know how much I love your smile?” I said as I a took a piece of orange he just peeled.

 

“I know .. you love it so much ..” he said while showing another eye smile that makes me decided to pinch his cheek since it’s just adorable ..

 

“That’s why you should smile more instead of being grumpy .. smiley Jaebum is more adorable ..” I said as I let go of his cheek.

 

“That hurts!” he said faking a pout as I just chuckle and take another piece of orange and feed him as he open his mouth and chewing it happily.

 

“So what happened in Étoile?” I ask him.

 

“Well .. yesterday I was reviewing the monthly report and got some unpleasant news from my GM. He told me that his wife is on her seventh month of pregnancy .. so it’s just two months away until his wife give birth to their first child.” He said.

 

“So he is asking for a leave?” I ask.

 

“Well I hope that’s the case then it would be easier. He told me that his wife’s parents want them to stay close nearing the birth of their first grandchild. So his in-laws is asking him to move back to Canada and live together with them. He tried to reason with them but it doesn't work.” He explained.

 

“So he have to resign?” I ask as he nodded.

 

“So by his resignation the expansion plan should be put on hold since he is the one in charge with the project and pretty much everything else there. We have a month in maximum to find a replacement before he leave. And it’s not an easy task considering there is no much time left ..” he said followed by a deep breath.

 

“Is there no one in house who is potential enough to be promoted to replace his position?” I ask.

 

“Well no one in house is potential enough to handle the responsibility .. So he is seeking for a replacement. We need to move fast since there is no much time left before his leave.” He said while rubbing his forehead.

 

“Well sure it’s not an easy task considering the limited time. Why is he informing you just now if he had a plan to resign? He should inform you from months ago.” I said.

 

“That's why I’m so stressed now. We should find a few candidates to compared who is most suitable for the position .. then he or she should undergo a few training to rightly understand the position and its responsibilities .. and I think there wont be enough time for him to give all of the trainings. I should probably go and train and see the new hire myself to make sure it’s the right fit and not to cause problems.” He said letting out another deep sign.

 

“And worse, if there is no one good enough for the position by the time he have to leave, then I should handle the works myself.” He said turning to face me.

 

“Then should we go to the States? I can help you tackle the position temporarily while waiting for a new replacement.” I suggested.

 

“No baby .. you will have filming soon .. Don’t worry about it I’m sure he will find some potential candidates as soon as possible.” He said as he take my hand and smile reassuring.

 

“Well I haven’t accept the drama yet. And I don’t really have to.” I said honestly. I wont even feel that disappointed even if I have to sacrifice the role in order to help my fiancé lightening his burdens, because that is why I am here for.

 

“No baby .. don’t. Don’t sacrifice your career. I’m sure he is handling it just fine. Besides I can handle it if I have to. Just focus on your own project okay?” he said as he patted my head.

 

“So you don’t want my help?” I said as pout.

 

“I wouldn’t be able to afford your pay. So .. No.” he said jokingly.

 

“Did I even mention you about paying?” I said as I cross my hands.

 

“My baby is too kind .. stop pouting .. it makes me want to kiss you ..” he said as he pinch my cheek.

 

“Don’t. Try.” I said as I quickly cover my lips. Then he move closer and remove my hand away from my face and kiss my lips gently. I was shock at fist but then right when I just start to kiss him back, my phone ring.

 

“Whyyyyy …” he groan.

 

“Oppa .. it’s Joongki op.. Joongki. May I pick it up?” I ask carefully afraid of his reaction.

 

“It’s okay pick it up.” He said while pouting.

 

“I’ll pick it here okay?” I said as I take his hand in mine before picking up the call.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Oh Cheonsa-ya. Are you busy?” Joongki oppa said from the line.

 

“No oppa, why?” I ask.

 

“Well there is something I need to tell you. I would like to meet up but I’m busy today. So do you think it’s okay if I say it by phone?” he ask.

 

“It’s okay oppa why need to be so formal. What is it?” I said.

 

“Well .. first of all oppa mianhe .. oppa need to inform you that oppa is withdrawing from the candidates. Oppa really want to do the play but with the wedding and stuffs ahead I don’t think I can manage the schedules. So oppa is really sorry.” He said.

 

“It’s okay oppa .. I understand. With the wedding up ahead of course it will occupied your time and focus. In fact, it’s the right decision to priorities your wedding .. Once again congratulations on your wedding oppa .. I’m happy for you.” I said sincerely.

 

“Thank you so much for understanding Cheonsa-ya .. Oppa just want to make sure you don’t feel offended .. its not that oppa is not thrilled to be your co-actor .. of course oppa really want to. And also as your senior actor I have to say .. you are an amazing actress Cheonsa-ya .. you have great talent .. so oppa hope that you will accept the drama and show your real talent and potential to the world. Oppa wish you good luck and will always give you my support. And of course will envy whoever you choose as your co-actor ..” he said as he chuckle.

 

“Thank you oppa .. will always keep your words in mind as confident booster.” I said as I chuckle back.

 

“So that’s all I have to say .. and oppa hope we will get another chance to act together in the future!” he said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter