Chapter 15

Everlasting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“How is she doc?” Amy ask Doctor Kim once she finished checking up on Cheonsa’s condition.

 

“You should call Jaebum in ..” Doctor Kim said to Amy.

 

“But ..” Ely said to Doctor Kim hesitantly.

 

“He is her fiancé, he has the right to know.” Doctor Kim answers shortly.

 

“Ely, let him in.” Amy commends.

 

 

 

 

Jaebum’s POV

 

 

It has been around 15 minute since Doctor Kim checks on her. How is she? Is she okay? I feel so desperate right now, I’m worried sick, I really want to see her, I really do. But right now I’m not even allowed to get in. all I can do is just crying like a pathetic at the floor in front of her room, praying that she will be alright. This is all because of me .. I shouldn’t get mad at her earlier .. Everything happened because of me .. my though was stopped when I heard the door opened, I immediately stood up ..

 

“Ely .. How.. how is she?” I ask her.

 

“Come in, I only allow you because Doctor Kim ask for you.” She told me shortly as I immediately wipe away my tears and follow her in.

 

“Jaebum-ah ..” Doctor Kim called me.

 

“How.. how is she?” I ask Doctor kim as I fix my eyes on the pale figure laying on the bed with infusion cable attached to her hand.

 

“Jaebum-ah? What happen did you two had a fight? I was so glad that her condition is getting better and better since you came back. But look, her condition is quite bad currently. Can you tell me what happened?” Doctor Kim asks me with eyes full of concern. She is our personal Doctor who already is like a family to us.

 

“I.. I don’t know what have I done. She been upset with me since she woke up in the morning. I keep asking what’s wrong but she don’t bother to answer. Then suddenly after our schedule she decided to drop off by somewhere without telling me where she’s going. I been so worried waiting for her home, I can’t even reach her phone. Then around one and a half hour ago she came back and I found her drunk, I can’t control my emotion, I’m so mad. I’m so worried she had nothing since this morning, but.. but how can she manage to get herself drunk? We had a argument .. and I can’t control myself, I was so upset, I shout at her and unconsciously I slap her. I.. I.. I didn’t mean to hurt her. I regret it so badly .. I’m such a jerk. I.. I..” I don’t know what to say anymore. I really regret what I did, I can’t manage to stop my tears from flowing to my cheek. I regret it, but what can I do? There is nothing I can do to turn back time .. then I can fell Doctor Kim pat my shoulder ..

 

“I know you didn’t mean to hurt her Jaebum-ah, just make sure you sincerely apologize to her and try to make her open up to you okay? I believe she will forgive you ..” Doctor Kim said as she gives a comforting smile to me.

 

“Thank you Doctor Kim, I will. I promise. Hows.. how's her condition?” I thank her sincerely. Even though she’s just a doctor, but she is considered the one who always take good care of us. She always said the right words which gives us comfort.

 

“She passed out by several reason. She lacked of nutrition as confirmed that her last meal was yesterday’s breakfast. Even before you came back, she tends to starve herself every time she can’t manage her feelings especially when she’s really stressed. I also found out that she took triple doses of high dose sleeping pills. And as what you said she drunk the whole bottle of Martell Cordon Bleu. So currently her ulcer and gastric are wounded. Thankfully she didn’t go overdose, and she doesn’t need to go through any serious treatment. But her condition right now is very weak, she need to take a few more bag of infuses. She has to get a bed rest for a few days for the healing process. I already ordered the medicine, it supposed to arrived in a few minutes, I already write the usage instruction on the table. And she’s only allowed to eat plain porridge for at least the next three days. So you better take extra good care of her Jaebum-ah, and please don’t stress her okay?” Doctor Kim explained everything to me.

 

“Thank you so much Doctor Kim, I don’t know what will happened if it wasn’t for you. And I would like to have an early apologize if I will bother you latter regarding her condition. So please kindly understand.” I said.

 

“You are welcome Jaebum-ah, it’s my responsibility to help, so no need to apologize. And if you need help or guidance of taking care of her you should go ask Jinyoung, he did a great job taking care of her when you are away.” Doctor Kim said to me.

 

“I will do so, beside he has the right to know.” I answer her.

 

“Well if there is no more question I will take my leave, I’ll come back tomorrow evening to check on her condition.” she said as she walk towards the door.

 

“I’ll walk you out Doctor Kim ..” I ask her.

 

“No need. I can go out by myself. Just stay by her side okay?” Doctor Kim said before closing the door.

 

I walk and take a seat beside her bed. I lift up her hand as I press a kiss at the back of her hand. I hold her hand as I put the back of her hand on my cheek, while my other hand start to her hair. I can’t help but to cry seeing her pale face lying unconsciously next to me. Knowing her condition even bring a bigger pain inside my heart. I pull out my phone and texted Jinyoung, letting him know about her condition. He will probably hat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter