Chapter 29

Everlasting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cheon Sa’s POV

 

 

I just finish taking a quick shower as I come back and take a seat beside Jaebum’s bed. I intertwine his left hand onto my left hand as I place the back of his hand onto my cheek while my right hand his hair. I look at the oxygen mask which cover almost half of his pale face as I was about to break down again, but suddenly, I see his eyelid start moving as it slowly opening up. I was so surprise as I immediately stood up following his gaze ..

 

“Hey baby you wake up?” I ask him as I remove the oxygen mask from his face calmly.

 

“How do you feel? Did you sleep well?” I ask as I tuck a smile on my lips as I bring myself closer to him ..

 

“What happened?” he ask softly still in his weak state, his voice is barely hearable.

 

“You had breathing difficulties and passed out baby. How is it now? Can you breathe normally sweetheart?” I said as I caress his head.

 

 “I’m fine .. Don’t worry ..” he said as he tuck a weak smile on his face.

 

“Then let have the doctor check on you okay?” I said as I press the bell button.

 

A nurse come into the room and cheek on his vital sign while waiting for the doctor to come. Then the doctor on the night duty come to the room and give a quick check on him ..

 

“Mr. Im is alright for now. His heartbeat have been stabilized even though it’s a little bit weak, but it will get better as he rest. Tomorrow morning the doctor in charge will give a visit and check on his condition more further. For tonight you can rest, but if you need any assistant please do not hesitate to call for help anytime.” The doctor said as he smile to me.

 

“Thank you so much doctor, is he allowed to drink or eat for now?” I ask him.

 

“He’s allowed to drink, but lets wait for tomorrow morning for his meal. Don’t worry the IV drops provide his nutrition needs. If that is all I will take my leave.” The doctor said before he leave. The nurse come to place a nasal cannula on his nose.

 

“I replace the aspirator mask with the cannula so he can move or talk freely. You can take it off if it’s uncomfortable but I suggest to place it back on before he fall asleep incase if he suddenly caught difficulties of breathing during his sleep. Well that’s all let me excuse.” The nurse said before leaving the room as well.

 

I take a glass of water and place it at the table beside the bed as I help him sit up ..

 

“Are you thirsty?” I ask as he nodded then I help him drink up slowly make sure for him not to choke. Then I continue to stare at his face .. I’ve been all by his side for the whole day yet I can’t bare how much I miss him ..

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? How long have I been unconscious? A week?” he said as he let out a small chuckle to break up the silence.

 

“Not funny baby .. you been unconscious for almost 12 hours.” I said as caress his cheek lovingly. I tried to get a hold onto myself, I don’t want to break down in front of him ..

 

“You must had been scared aren’t you?” he ask as he grab my hand on his cheek.

 

“I miss you ..” I said shortly don’t want to stress him or make him feel guilty.

 

“Come here let me hug you.” He said as he open his arms and I let myself feel the warm from the embrace I’d been longing for the whole day .. I buried my face for a while trying so hard not to break down ..

 

“Oppa .. it been a whole day already .. don’t you feel like going to the bathroom?” I ask him.

 

“Actually yes ..” he said a little bit embarrass. As I smile and carefully raise his body and help him stand as I guide him slowly to the bathroom.

 

“After you finish wash up your lower part okay? Call me when you are done let me help you brush your teeth and wash your face ..” I said before I close the door. after a few minutes I hear him knocking the door from inside the bathroom as I open and come in. I help him brush his teeth and wash his face. After that I take a face towel and dried his face carefully before bringing him back to his bed.

 

“Oppa .. wait here.” I said before returning to the bathroom with a big bowl. I came out with a bowl of hot water, a soap, a small towel, and a big towel.

 

“Oppa don’t you feel sticky?” I ask him.

 

“It’s .. It’s okay ..” he said hesitating.

 

“I’ll help you. But first I need to open your top ..” I said as I start to one of the button but he stopped me.

 

“Why?” I ask him confused.

 

 

 

Jaebum’s POV

 

 

“You don’t need to do this ..” I tell her.

 

“I’m okay .. I want you to feel freshen up after a long day in bed oppa ..” she said.

 

“You don’t have to .. My abs have become a big belly, and it’s kind of embarrassing for you to see. Besides .. you know I gain quite a lot of fat? My armpit might smell bad as well.” I said as I look down embarrass.

 

“Hey .. I’m your fiancé .. I love you Jaebum .. don’t feel embarrass okay? let me help you ..” she said before continue ing my shirt.

 

I look down at my own body and feel ashamed thinking of how much I changed only within last than two weeks. She start to wipe my body from my neck, my back, my chest, my arms, and finally my fat belly and my armpit with towel and warm water .. then she rub some soap onto the towel and wipe my body all over again before she go back to the bathroom and change the water with the clean one and comeback to continue cleaning up the bubble away from my body, and rinse my body once again with a clean towel and warm water. After she’s done, she dried my body with a big fluffy towel gently, before putting on a new shirt for me. I feel so touched .. how could she love me this much? What did I do to deserve her?

 

“Now all done .. feel better right?” she said as she smile satisfy.

 

“Yes baby, you make me feel and smell like a baby ..” I said as she giggle.

 

“By the way, where is Jinyoung and Suzy?” I ask.

 

“I ask them to go home.” She said forcing a smile. Did something happened?

 

“Did perhaps Jinyoung said something to you baby?” I ask her.

 

“Oppa .. can I ask you something?” she answered.

 

“What is it?” I ask her as I caress her face.

 

“Please teach me to love you more ..” she said. Well she’s avoiding my question ..

 

“What can I teach you when you already love me this much? Sometimes I still wonder what did I do to deserve this much love from you ..” I said as I smile while tucking her hair away from her face.

 

“Oppa ..” she called me softly.

 

“Hm?” I ask her.

 

“Can I kiss you?” she immediately blurred it out. As I chuckle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter