CHAPTER 7: It's Unfair, Love is

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

JEONGYEON’S POV

It’s already night when we came back to the dorms. It’s been a good day to me. Dahyun’s birthday was a blast. a lot of good times with Nayeon.

That rabbit sure dug a deep hole into my heart, and made a home there. She’s been smiling all this while and been in a good mood.  Seeing her like that melts my heart.

“I can’t get enough of your ostrich dance earlier.” Nayeon said as she laughed so loud.

“ya! Don’t get too happy you annoy me.” I .

“I’m just so happy today, too many good things happened.” She said as she beamed with happiness. I would do anything just to see her like this.

“really? Like what?” I asked. A lot of good things really happened, and it was all those moments I spent with you.

And I was hoping maybe, she’s feeling the same.

“like dahyun’s birthday.” She smiled. “ and the manager told me, I’ll be in the same show with minhyuk!!”

Why? why did it have to be so soon?  I couldn’t react. I couldn’t say anything when it hurts like this. But I swallowed everything and tried to act normal.

“Yeah, good for you nayeon.” I said as I pat her head. “I can’t believe I’ll be starring with him. Cause you know..” You’ve been in love with him since a year ago.

“I’ve loved minhyuk-oppa for a while now.”

I can’t believe even though how many years I’m still not immune to this pain.

Jeongyeon, it’s fine. You’re used to it.

But who am I kidding? It still hurts when she says it. She put her head down for a second and look up to me again, “When the show starts, I’m thinking of confessing.”

I got up, since I couldn’t say tanything. I’m on the verge of tears.

“y-yeah!” I looked down at her, “Fighting nayeon!” I tried calming myself as I walked to my bed.

 

“Goodnight, Jeongie.” I hear her but I didn’t turn around pretending to be asleep.

 

It’s unfair. Love is.

No matter what I do,  I can’t unlove you and you won’t love me.

You are not mine. But sometimes I pretend you were.

 

I brushed off the tears that kept on falling. I tried to be quiet so they wouldn’t hear me. So that you will not see, how much this is hurting me.

 

I hope and pretend that I always end up forgetting, that you do not see me. you do not love me.

And you are not mine.

CHAEYOUNG’S POV

My hyung has been acting depressed lately. Since it’s already been a month and a half since Nayeon and Minhyuk’s show started. She tries to smile but anyone can see that there is something wrong. Nayeon looks worried but she’s oblivious that she doesn’t know.

The atmosphere has been bad actually, since Momo has gone out later than before. She even flirts with jeongyeon more. Dahyun seems depressed too. Tzuyu, Jihyo and Sana are all worried.

It’s morning now, I’m the first one to get up. Mina came after and we both sat in the living room.

"you're hair's untidy." she said as she grab a comb and starts fixing my hair.

"you don't have to do that unnie." I don't know why i feel so flustered by the feel of her hands on me.

"It's alright, i want to do it." she says.

“Don’t you think hyung’s look depressed?” I asked her as i remember jeongyeon. "and Dahyun and momo too."

“I think so too. I wish everyone will cheer up.” She said. “ What do you think we should do?”

“We could go drinking tonight!!!” I beamed. Alright, Chaeyoung. That's a good idea!

“but we’re not allowed to though.” She said.

“aww! But we can bro

Please log in to read the full chapter