Chapter 22: Precious Penguin

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

JEONGYEON’S POV

“Ya bunny, wake up already.” I shook her up as she lay in the bed. I stared at her face, and I suddenly felt shy looking at  her lips. I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday and I tried to shook my head off.  I felt my cheeks redden.

“Nayeon-ah… wake up. We still have things to do…” I shook her again.

Nayeon woke up and her eyes blinked for a second, It was a while when she stares at me and then she just stood up and went to the toilet, what’s up with her?

Sana prepared breakfast, just like all the time, I sat beside her.  We were all on the table while the two maknaes are still on the bed. But she just sat there quietly, and didn’t talk endlessly like before. Is she angry at me?

“Hey, isn’t Tzuyu’s birthday the day after tomorrow?” Jihyo suddenly talked.

“Maknae is turning 17~” Dahyun smiled, “We should do something!”

“Sana-chan, what do you think?” Momo asked her. “… and no more baking 5 layers of cake again.”

Our heads bang due to our laughter. I mean, every single year, Sana always suggest on baking 5 layers of cake for her beloved tzuyu but it was just too big that we couldn’t even eat it all. Last year, Sana-chan forced us to eat it all. If we won’t eat it then we won’t have dinner a whole week. After that, I would shiver on every cake I saw.

“We should all make a surprise party for Tzuyu!!!” Dahyun exclaimed and I can’t help myself but to hit the pabo in the head.

“Shh!” I said as I put on my finger on my lips, “It wouldn’t be a surprise party if you say that!”

NAYEON’S POV

“Shh!” Jeongyeon said as she out her fingers on her lips, I looked away. I mean I couldn’t even look at her! I felt so embarrassed looking at her. I felt my face getting hot as I remember how it felt when our lips were link together.

Everything flashed back to me. I am so embarrassed. jinja, i end up ignoring Jeongyeon because of this unsettled heart.

“Good morning!” It was then Chaeyoung joined the table and ate breakfast too.  She sat beside Mina but what’s with this awkward atmosphere?

 

Did something happen between them?

MINA’S POV

“Mina…” I heard chaeyoung’s call, “Do you want coffee?”

I shook my head as I ate again. I felt my heart sinking as she tried talking to me, as if nothing happened. Is she planning to brush this off?

Chaeyoung.. I put all my heart on that confession.  Are you planning to act normal after I tell you that?

Then why did you kiss me?!

I felt so angry at Chaeyoung… and hurt.

I just couldn’t take it anymore so I stood up and walk into the room. I look at inside my bag which have a penguin stuff toy inside. It’s slightly bigger than the key-chain size stuff toys. I stared at the blue penguin which is a cute character on Pitchi pitchi pitch anime.

“Ugly.” I said I throw it away in the thrash. A few seconds, I still got up to get it from the thrash.

“I’m so stupid.” I sigh as I shook off the dirt on the doll. I look at it as a memory suddenly flashed into my head,

It’s my first stage in Sixteen and I never felt so nervous. I am sweating and my hands are shaking,It was then I suddenly felt warm though my fingers.

“Minari.” Chaeyoug suddenly showed into my face. I felt my cheeks redden.

“Are you alright? You look nervous.”

I shook my head, “I’m fine chae.”

“Jinja, you always say that.” She said.

“Here try hugging this. “ she said as she gave me a stuff toy. It was a penguin. “Kinda look like you right?”

“I look like that?” I asked eyeing on the Penguin. I was about to say that it didn’t sound nice but she continued,

“Well,whenever I’m nervous, I always hugs that so that my nerves would calm that. But when we became friends, you were the one to hug me when I’m unsettled.” She smiled, showing dimples both on her cheeks.

Chaeyoung looked so adorabled that I accepted the Stuff toy, “so this is Mine now?”

She nodded and smiled.

I look at the stuff toy, The penguin’s ugly and saying I look like that wasn’t nice. I couldn’t help but laugh at the memory… but now, every time there’s a stage performance, I hug that before performing.

It calms me down, maybe because, I felt chaeyoung’s presence in the doll. It’s the first gift I got from chae.I looked at the ugly penguin as I felt warm tears on my cheeks. I couldn’t hat Chae, I couldn’t even got angry at her.. and worst, I can’t unlove her.

It was suddenly when Nayeon came in attempt to find something but then she saw me, and she came over to me, “Minari, are you crying?!”

“Nayeonnie…” I felt tears on my eyes as I look at her, Nayeon-unnie came up to me and hugged me. She rubbed my head and tried to calm me down.

She didn’t talk and let me cry for a while, I never felt broken in my life. It’s like my heart were empty and cold.

“have you calm down?” Nayeon asked as she pat my head.

“never knew you could act like an unnie..” I said as I tried laughing while wiping my tears.

“Ya! I am your unnie. Come on, what happened? And what’s with that ugly penguin?”

“I got from someone I love.” I continued.

CHAEYOUNG’S POV

Breakfast never felt so lonely before, I mean, I never occur to me just how often Minari and I are together.  She didn’t even talk to me.

“Chaeyoung.. I love you.” I remembered how those words escaped from , and how loud the thump i

Please log in to read the full chapter