CHAPTER 14: The stars are falling

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14: The stars are falling

MINA’S POV

Jihyo finally ended the spin the bottle game. Chaeyoung and I was the only one left in the bonfire. Momo is on the tent and Dahyun is on the rocks with her headphones on. It has been like that since the issue about the pendant Momo dropped.  Jeongyeon also walked out from the game as Nayeon followed her.

“Jinja! I was so embarrassed by that spin the bottle game.” I mumbled.

“It was y though, Unnie.” Chaeyoung said as she sat near me.

My heart beat faster as I felt her presence and the skin on out arms touched accidentally. I blushed by her words.

“It was dorky.” I said as I tried calming myself.

Chaeyoung laughed and put her hands near the bonfire.

“Do you feel cold chaengie?” I asked her as I offered a spot inside my arms, I have a blanket covering me anyway.

“No.. it’s alright.” She said as she turned away not looking at me” But maybe I can come---“

Chae was cut off when Jihyo suddenly arrived.

“I thought you came to get Sana and Tzuyu?” I asked her.

“… kind of awkward, they were kissing.” Jihyo said in poker face.

Cheayoung turned red when Jihyo said that. Huh, it must be because she’s so young so she’s embarrassed just by the thought of it. So cute.

“Aigoo.” I let the word slip out of my mouth, it’s just she’s so adorable. She laughed while covering her smile.

After a while, Jihyo suddenly came towards Chaeyoung and smirked, “So anyway, chae… Tell me what was in the video recorder?”

CHAEYOUNG’S POV

“Nothing!” I  stood up but Jihyo grabbed me, “I know that you and Sana has been keeping a secret.”

This witch.

“Really?” Mina said as she looked at us. I looked away, how can I look at her after doing that?

I’m a girl and she’s girl too. How can I do that?! I’m weird. I’m also weird for being flustered around her.

“No, we aren’t” I tried denying.

“You know when I saw tzuyu and Sana kiss? I saw someone else too.”  Jihyo said as she winked.

SHE KNOWS. SHE WATCHED IT.

My pulse rate is rapidly increasing right now.

“who?” Mina looked at both of us in confusion. I averted my eyes, feeling ever so guilty.

“No.. unnie.” I said as I begged, making all the effort to do the puppy eyes.

Jihyo rolled her eyes and sigh as she mouthed fine. After a while the Mic of the group talked again,  “You know what there’s a rumor! That when you come here in a certain March 11 in the beach, your love will come true. ” Jihyo said as she squealed.

“That’s so romantic.” I said and I finally realized,  “and… today’s March 11!!!”

NAYEON’S POV

“When you say that, then the contract’s over.”

I look at Jeongyeon as she said that. My chest felt like being stabbed by Jeongyeon’s words. Why?  Why can’t she let me say it? Is there something she’s angry about?

“Why?” I asked her trying not to let my words waver.

“Nothing, but that’s just my condition. Please Nayeon.” I nodded and agreed.

It hurts. It didn’t felt like this before. It felt like feeling swallowed by a hole I cannot escape. I want to run away but my feet were stiff and my whole body felt weak.

I’ve never felt this vulnerable, confuse and lonely in my life.

Jeongyeon’s cold eyes as she looked at me made me feel suffocated, out of breath and feeling this ache inside my chest. A feeling like it can almost kill me. It's as if my tears will fall down in any minute.

Jeongyeon walked off, “Let me be alone for a minute.”

I was left standing there. As I watched her walk away from me without not even a glance.

Like a fool, I’ve been hoping she’ll turn around. That she’ll come back to where I am, But she didn’t.  I was left standing there saying ‘why’ in every breath and still not finding the right answer.

“Do you love someone?” Momo asked.

“…I do.”

That’s when I realized that…  It was because, she has someone else she is in love with. She might not have heard the “I love you” she wants.

Then a sudden thought came into my head. That burns in my chest everytime;

I‘m not the one she love.

 

and i have no right to say anything about it.

JEONGYEON’S POV

I walked off leaving Nayeon there. I didn't even turn my back on her since i'm on my verge of tears. 

As soon as i got out of her sight, I hit the nearest rock with my left hand. My knuckles bleed.

I thought it will hurt but it doesn't compare to the pain i'm feeling right now.

How can she hurt me not even inten

Please log in to read the full chapter