CHAPTER 32: The Appearance of the Moon

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

MOMO’S POV

I jog my way from the dorm to the nearest playground. It feels satisfying as I felt sweats dripping from my face to my stomach.

I walked by the area, feeling the fresh morning humid. Some minutes later, I decided to go back to the dorm already.

As I walk I suddenly bumped into a young woman, with a simple clothing and a black-framed thick glassed on her face.  The paper she was holding scattered everywhere as I bumped into her. I picked up the scattered paper, and an open notebook with a leathered cover.

‘Do you know how it feels to fall in love when you’re already dying? It makes dying even more painful’ I felt like it broke my heart reading the line from the open leathered book.

“Thank you.” She said as I offered her the paper and the notebook. She looks like she’s about her 20’s and she’s tall and a bit thin. Her hair is messy and her lips are crack and pale, she looks a bit stiff and bit stressed.

She fixed her glasses and looked at me, “You’re…… Twice’s Momo right?”

“Yeah.” I said nodding.

“You’re perfect.” She said smiling and beaming, still staring at me, “I’m not wrong! you’re really perfect for the story!”

I raised my left eyebrow looking at this weird woman. What’s she saying?!

“I’m a writer with an upcoming project and I called your manager yesterday. I want you to star in a girlxgirl  movie. And… as I saw you in person, I had proven that I wasn’t wrong.”

“Omo, No!” I said protesting, “I’m not acting. I’m not an actress!”

“Please… this movie is gonna be right. When I first saw you, I know you’re perfect for the role.  I want you to star in it. It’s a story about a dying girl. A story about the diary she left.” She said gesturing on the leathered notebook.

“Really?” I raised my brow, the line from earlier is from that girl’s diary. I turned my back and gave her a weak smile, “I’ll think about it.”

I jogged again to the dorm as I think about the offer. It’s tempting but I don’t know if I can manage to be an actress. A little bit more I reach the dorm already.

“Morning.” I felt my heart stopping when I suddenly saw Dahyun sitting by the front of the lobby, under the tree. She’s holding a cup of coffee on her hand as she stared up to me.

“Morning Dadu.” I said as I unconsciously smiled upon seeing her adorable face. Her messy bun, slightly still sleepy eyes and a grin on her face always makes me feel on edge.

She took a sip on the coffee. I felt a little mesmerized upon looking how the coffee touches her bare lips, making my whole body trembles. Her lips is thin, pinkish and looks so soft. As she drink, there’s some coffee left on her lower lip. I imagine myself wiping that coffee from her soft lips and ki------

“Coffee?” I snapped out from looking at her when offered me the coffee, gesturing it to me. What am I thinking about?

I turned completely red and felt my heart beating fast like I’m caught in act of planning a crime.  I shook my head trying to say no, but she still pushed that cup of coffee into me. This girl is always so pushy.

I felt conscious drinking on the same cup as her. Damn, it’s like having my first love all over again. But what would I do? She’s my first love anyway.

Oh Dahyun, I’m so in love with you and you will never know.

“Some girl came over the dorm last night, but you’re not here. She’s looking for you.” Dahyun said without looking at me.

“Really? Who?” I asked again.

“it’s----“

“Dahyun! Momo!” Dahyun was cut off when we suddenly turned around to see Sana walking towards us holding a cup in her hand.

“Good morning---“ Sana suddenly tripped! And spilled the whole thing on the floor!

“Unnie, Don’t!” Dahyun came over Sana and held her hand. I felt a sudden bitter feeling welling inside of me, something I didn’t want to feel.

The cup was all broken in the floor and I know it’s dangerous to touch it. Dahyun came over and cleaned the whole thing. 

“I’m gonna put it in our trash, and… I’m gonna wash myself up. I’ll go back.” Dahyun said waving at us.

I felt a little down, I want to talk to her a bit longer. It was kind of mysterious because, I never felt like this to anyone else. I never wanted anyone just as much as I wanted her.

Dahyun is special, I felt it the moment our eyes met when we first met. But I was too slow to found out what was developing inside me. I was stupid.

I looked at this stupid blonde who interrupt us.

“ya, what’s with that glare?” Sana said laughing.

“You’re so stupid.” I said sighing.

“Am not. You’re the one who’s stupid.”

I raised my eyebrows with the ever clumsy girl,“really? How so? Who’s the one who tripped again?”

She pouted real hard with a matching glare,”Then who’s the one flirting with 10 different girls and still can’t even confess to her first love? Ain’t that stupid Momo-chan?”

I rolled my eyes and answered her, “Don’t me Sana or you’re gonna get Tzuyu stolen again.”

Sana hit me in the head and laughed, “Come on. You’re the one who’s gonna get scared if I let the SAIDA ship sail again.”

I laughed and jokingly bang her with my gun fingers, “I already sunk that ship a long time ago.”

We decided to go inside the dorm, when we suddenly saw Nayeon sitting all by herself in the veranda.

“unnie, what’s up?” I asked as I sat beside her. Sana sat beside her too. Nayeon looks so groggy. Come on, She’s the bright energy right? What happened?

“nothing.” Nayeon-unnie answered in a groan.

Oh right.  It’s been a week since Jeongyeon is gone, makes sense, she felt absolutely drained out.

“come on, unnie. Jeongyeon will come back soon. Don’t feel so down.” I said trying to make her feel lighter.

Her eyes widened and her cheeks all turned red, “What do you mean?”

I laughed and answered her, “Don’t deny it. You miss her already.”

She nodded and laughed, unable to deny her feelings written all over her face.


“so how about you? how well are you and Dahyun?”

I raised my eyebrows, “me and dahyun? What’s up with us?”

Nayeon looked at me with a face of disbelief.  She knows I’m acting innocent.

“good morning, unnie.” Chaeyoung steps in the veranda as she’s covering herself with a light blanket, patterned with little tiger cubs. She looks like an elementary school kid right now.

She yawn as she sat beside us, trying to wake herself up.

Chaeyoung looked at us, as if trying to asked something but still uncertain.

“What’s up chae? Need something?” Nayeon asked her.

Chaeyoung averted her eyes onto me, “Well…. I guess, I wanted to ask Momo-unnie.”

I pointed at myself, “me?”

She needs an advice from ME?

“yeah.. I know you dated a lot of people already. Just want to ask, any good place for a date?”

I can’t possibly tell her, tell our second maknae, that I don’t particularly take them to anywhere but to some place quiet and do all sorts of things.

“You won’t get a proper advice from this playgirl, chaeyoungie. Give it up.” Nayeon said as she smirked at me, I unconsciously hit her head as she said that.

“What? It’s true!!” Nayeon looked at me in a serious tone. Jinja.

“What about you? Can you even give a proper advice? Or a suggestion on a date?” I told her raising one of her eyebrows.

 “Maybe the zoo or the aquarium? Or the amusement park!”

Chaeyoung pouted as she threw a tantrums, “I don’t want any childish dates!!!”

Pfft. Nayeon-unnie was just called childish hahahaha

“What do you mean childish?! Amusment parks aren’t childish! Jeongyeon and I----“ Nayeon suddenly covered as she suddenly realized what she’s actually saying.

Too bad, she didn’t know we spied on them. We knew they dated already though.

Chaeyoung giggled looking at her oldest unnie. I sigh and rolled my eyes. I can’t possibly suggest a bar or a motel to my dongseng right?

“ahh.. it’s just that it’s my first time falling in love, so I don’t know what to do.” The little dwarf curled herself up as she looked  a little down.

“ahh first love.” Nayeon smiled giggling.

“Now that I think about it, who’s your first love Sana-unnie?” Chaeyoung asked looking at Sana.

“umm first love?” Sana said as she put a finger on her chin, thinking about it. “I guess, a cute girl next to our hotel room. She was a daughter of my mom’s long time friend. She was so cute, that it made my heart pound on the age of 10.”

Nayeon laughed, “That’s so cliché but cute.”

I laughed and smirked at her, “A biual at the age of 9 already Sana?”

Sana hit my head and laughed. She then smiled slyly at me and asked, “Now that you think about it, Moguri, who’s your first love?”

I suddenly felt stiffened as I look at them, “no one.”

“No one?” Nayeon raised her eyebrows as if knowing something.

“Yeah. Love is stupid.”

Chaeyoung stuck her tongue out, “No, YOU’RE stupid!”

We laughed for a moment, when Chaeyoung asked Nayeon, “Unnie, you look down by the way, what happened?”

Nayeon smiled weakly, “None of a little girl’s business.”

“Come on! Tell us.” Chaeyoung shook Nayeon’s wrist, pleading like a little kid.

“She just miss Jeongie so much.” I smirked.

Chaeyoung laughed and said, “Ohh.”

Nayeon blushed, completely red and covered her smiling face.

“Why don’t you call her Unnie?” Chaeyoung asked her.

Nayeon didn’t answer and just sigh lowering her head. We’re about to pat her head when,

“THIS MEANS A DRINK TONIGHT!”

Jihyo-unnie suddenly appeared all cheery in front of us. My god, this wide-eyed Thomas always know how to scare me.

“Damn you.” I said as I put my hands on my chest. I was nervous really.

“We should drink tonight! And Karaoke!!!!” Jihyo said smiling at Nayeon.

Nayeon cheered, we know she loves karaoke. She could even live for a month in a karaoke hub. This might be Jihyo’s way to cheer her up.

Nayeon Jumped and down, showing that bright energy again, “LET’S GO!!!”

JIHYO’S POV

“Actually, i miss you so much , i miss you” Nayeon as she held the mic so exaggeratingly high, "I want to cry on your shoulders..."

And I am stuck here listening to her with my mouth all dried out and my eyes whitened. She has been singing ballad emotional songs for HOURS.

Damn you Im Nayeon!! And damn me, for asking her for karaoke.

“I want to cry..~” she continued singing Girl's day's I miss you. She’s singing with all her feelings. FEELINGS ONLY not even including the right lyrics and the right tone.

“Ya.” I finally couldn’t hold myself back as I grabbed the mic from her.

She looked at me startled and a little down to grab her mic, “What?”

“if you miss her, call her already! Don’t sing your missingfor her!” I said scolding her.

“Ahh but Jihyo-ah… I miss Jeongyeon already!!” She said as she throw tantrums. She stomp her feet and whine like a little child. I admit, it’s kind of cute but I want to punch her already.

“My ears are tired already Nabong.” I said glaring at her and throwing the mic to the couch, “I’m tired of hearing ‘I miss you’ songs! You already sang Bogoshipda, I miss you by mamamoo, I miss you by girl’s day and Missing you by 2NE1!!”

Nayeon glared at me and grabbed the mic again, “You don’t know how much I miss her!”

I facepalmed on looking at this idiot, “THEN CALL HER ALREADY!”

Nayeon sat by the couch and sigh, “I can’t.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. I’m completely frustrated with this girl. “Why?”

She looked at me and let out a deeper sigh,”I’ll… ..Miss her more.”

I sigh looking at her, why does she makes it all complicated when she could just call her right? Then I grabbed her phone as I look for Jeongyeon’s contact..

But then in the message I saw a scale of long drafts,

“Goodmorning,

Please log in to read the full chapter