CHAPTER 17: The Dark sky

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

DAHYUN’S POV

Tonight, after the rehearsal, we ate chicken feet in the nearby hidden restaurant. Caheyoung left first to take care of her beloved Mina.

We didn’t stay back on purpose just to give Chaeyoung and Mina some alone time. I mean, it’s so obvious, that Mina likes Chaeyoung… and chaeyoung looks like she’s starting to fall in love too.

After that, Jeongyeon left first and she said she got to meet someone. Nayeon looks unwell and she look depressed too. Jeongyeon and her looks like they fought over something.

I took out the pendant from the pocket of my pants, looking at it, I’ve been wondering why din’t Momo gave it to me?

Why did she even buy it in the first place?

After eating, I called out on her “Moguri…I want to talk to you, in private.”

Her eyes widened and she looked confused but She followed me. There was an awkward silence between us. As we pass by the path, I remembered how we used to spend all the time together.

“Do you remember when you dropped your jokbal there and you cried?” I laughed as I pointed out on a spot near the lamp post. I couldn’t help but remember that. That was one of the time where I laugh too much to the point of crying.

Momo’s eyes disappeared as she laughed, “Yah! You laughed at me back then, even though I’m crying so much.”

I felt my stomach hurt from laughing reminiscing old times, What happened to us? We stop by the park. I sat down by the end of the slide, she used to slide in there while I’m sitting and we will all be in the ground somehow, laughing until our stomach hurts.

“Momo…  is this for me?” I asked as I showed her the pendant.

 

Momo  looked shock as she grabbed the pendant, “DON'T GO THROUGH MY STUFF!!!”

She turned her back on me, the second time without even glancing. Just like that time. I felt my heart breaking again, my little hope vanishing on thin air just because her few words. That laugh she have just a few minutes again, disappeared again, right before my eyes.

Moguri, should I just act like nothing happened? Moguri.. what do you want me to do?!

 

I was on the point of crying as i walk back. I tried holding back my tears. 

Dadu, this is not you.

 

You are the enrgetic Tofu!! Come on, cheer up!!

But seems like i still feel so weak and pained sometimes.

 

I wiped my teary eyes and planning to go back  When I suddenly saw Jeongyeon… and?

MINA’S POV

I slept well last night. My consciousness left me after chaeyoung and I ate chicken feet. I got up in the morning and went to wash my face then to the kitchen.

There I saw everyone except chaeyoung who is still sleeping.

I looked at Sana who gave me breakfast, I smiled at her. But I still  feel my heart in pain, knowing the fact that she is Chaeyoung’s special someone.

“Ya, don’t eat it all. Leave some for chae.” I pushed Momo’s hand who is going for seond roung.

“Stingy. Chaeyoung is still sleeping.” Momo said as she chewed.

“Here, moguri.” Dahyun said as she put some food on momo’s plate, “I just don’t like that part.”

I felt as If Dahyun and Momo has been getting along just fine these days? As if Dahyun has been easier on Momo now. They use to say a lot of hurtful things just to get each other’s attention.

“Eat more, Tzuyu-ah.” Sana looked at her favorite person and fed her.

Momo rolled her eyes and said, “stop being so sweet.”

Sana stuck her tounge out and hugged her Tzuyu, bragging on how happy they are.

“But really… leave some for chae.” I said as I pushed all the hands still going for the remaining food.

“That’s chaeyoung’s fault for oversleeping.” Momo said as she clicked her tongue and pouted.

“Don’t be so hard on chae, she is up all night, you know.” Sana said as she looked at us, “She has been guarding you all night because of your fever, Minari.”

NAYEON’S POV

Today, we’re going to shoot our second music Video. Everyone has their own concept. Though mine looks normal since I’m portraying a leading woman in a horror film.

I’m happy for the music video and things has been going well, but one thing bothers me is how jeongyeon ignores me starting last night.

“Jeongyeon!! You look cool.” I said as I approach her.

But she just looked at me and said, “Thanks.”

“Omo, Hyung!!! You look so cool!” Chaeyoung said in widened eyes hugging jeongyeon. Jeongyeon laughed and hugged her too.

I don’t know what this pain inside me feels like tearing up my entire being. I didn’t know that when I’m nothing to her, I also feel like I’m nothing at all.

It especially hurts when she would talk to other members, have fun with them, and ignore me all the time. I never knew I spent most of my fun moments with her.  I feel so empty that she ignores me.

I never knew my world revolved around her.

So this what feels like when the world start crumbling down.

I couldn’t even laugh naturally now and I often on doze off. What did I do, Jeongyeon? Why are you angry?

“Nayeon-unnie, are you alright?” Mina aske

Please log in to read the full chapter