CHAPTER 35: The risk of Happiness

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

DAHYUN’S POV

“Hani-sunabenim!” I almost yelled too as I saw Hani collapse. All the staff came running on Hani, Momo walked towards her and carried her.

 

Why do I have to see this?

 

Jinja. I’m despicable! How can I be jealous at this moment? I mean, She collapse!

Aigoo Dahyunnie , STOP FEELING THIS WAY.

You’re not allowed to.

 

I was left there, stunned, as I look how Momo gets even more far away from me. I can feel my heart sinking and tears almost welled up my eyes.

 

As I got back to myself, I hurriedly followed them, even if my feet feel weakened and my insides hurting. 

Wae?

What did I do to deserve this pain?

 

As I got there, I saw Momo rubbing Hani’s head as she lets go her into the ambulance.  Momo returned to me, in daze.

The director was all flustered and didn’t know what to do.  

“What should be do now sir?” A staff asked the director. He wiped his sweat off his broad forehead and shook his head , “We should do this now, there ain’t enough time. And Hani seeme like she will not get well any time soon. And besides, she can’t even act the first scene. That’s the most vital.”

 

Then a woman with petite body and glasses suddenly walked in and stood in front of the director,  “ The first scene is when the girl saw her ex and its other lover hugging each other. We need to saw pain on the face of a person.  I saw someone who is capable of doing the first scene. I think we can replace Hani now.”

We  all looked at that capable-looking woman. Momo looked a little worried and flustered.

“Really Writer-nim? Who?” The director asked.

 

 

She looked at me and suddenly pointed on my direction, “This girl.”

JIHYO’S POV

 

Great. Oh just Great.

 

The 2yeon ship is sinking again.

 

“Something wrong with Nayeon?” I asked jeongyeon as I sat beside her in her bed. She’s been in daze all day and ain’t talking at all. I mean, I know, I feel like freaking out.

“How did you know?” she asked, as if it’s something to be surprised about.

“Duh, Nayeon is either like your vitamin or your Tranquilizer. She’s the only one who can make you go smiling all day or go on all quiet for a week.” I said as I flashed a smile on her.

She, on the other hand, had her head down, “She’s always been my weakness… since like, 6 years ago.”

“Yeah,” I laughed “you’ve always been hot-tempered but when it comes to Nayeon, you were over the top. You hated her guts and you bicker all day.”

She finally flashed a smile, “Yeah. I did. Then one day, I realized that it pisses me off when she’s around but it pisses me off more not seeing her. ”

I laughed at that childishness, like a little boy having her first crush. I sigh as I said, “it’s been 6 years already you two! 35 chapters already----“

I was stopped on what I just said, “uhh w-what I mean is…when will you two be together! You’ve been each other’s side in these 6 years.”

“What do you call this?” Jeongyeon then drew a pair of two vertical lines on her palm, “this left one is Me. and the right one is Nayeon. “

“They’re parallel lines….”I was confused as I answered.

“We’re like these two. Always been each other’s side…. But will never intersect.” She said as I can feel the heaviness on her voice.

“Come on!” I whined, “Why don’t you just give it a shot?!”

“Nayeon.. I think she doesn’t feel the same towards me.” Jeongyeon said as I almost heard her voice cracked.

I can feel my 2yeon heart breaking on her sight as I rubbed her back.

 

Ahhh… My 2yeon feels going down.

MOMO’S POV

“That girl.” Dahyun’s eyes widened when she was pointed at by the writer.

“What? Me?!”

“Yeah you.” The writer smiled, “I thought Hani suited the image of the other pair, but now that I see you.. I think you suit it more.”

 

“And… you.” She said as she pointed on Jeongyeon, “and you also,” She pointed on Nayeon?!

 

“I think it’s better if you acted out the Ex-lover and the person she’s in love with. I don’t know why but you suit the image of the characters in the diary.  Could you please take the offer?”

 

The two answered in exact same volume, “YES!/NO!”

 

Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon who just said NO. She then looked at the writer, “That would be fun! I always wanted to try that!”

Jeongyeon shook her head eagerly. “No no no no. I don’t act.”

“Jinja, you act everyday.” Sana said as she chuckled, “You act like you don’t love----“

Jeongyeon covered Sana’s mouth as she glared at her. I know what exactly she’s going to say and it’s too funny. But yeah, she's a lousy actress, she acts like she doesn't love Nayeon but it's too obvious

Jihyo hit her head and said, “Your sister’s an actress! You have the bloodline!”

Jeongyeon glared at Jihyo,  “No way! Not in a million years.”

“aigoo.. then we have to pair Nayeon with another person?” Mina said as she glanced on Jeongyeon, who find that idea unpleasant.

 “This movie is one of my lifetime dreams. The diary is a possession of my great grandmother’s sister. I want to create this movie. Please…help me.” The writer pleaded on Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon sigh and nodded, “Fine.”

“Dahyun-ssi, how about you?” The writer asked her.

Dahyun averted her eyes, and looked at my eyes. , I think my heart’s going to explode at that stare.

 

“Yeah. I think I’ll do the part.”

MOMO’S POV

I’m walking in the hospital room, just as what the director instructed me.

 

As I got in, I saw Nayeon and Jeongyeon’s Character.  Jeongyeon hugs Nayeon and cried, just like how it’s supposed to do it.

I turned my back… and saw Dahyun in th door.

 

With tears flowing in her eyes.

 

 

, I just feel my heart stopping, like I can’t take my eyes off her.  She’s so beautiful and mesmerizing, that I can’t help but fall in love all over again.

 

“CUT!” The director shouted, “Perfect! Even better than before Momo! and Dahyun, you’re good! You did what I just want.”

 

Dahyun smiled like usual. I went near her as I wiped her tears, She looked at me a like she’s a bit startled.

“Aigoo, seems like Dahyunnie is a good actress.” I said as I rubbed her head.

 

But I was shocked… when she slapped my hand and walked away.

 

It was late, and after we got home. I suddenly saw Dahyun there, and she’s acting fine.

Why? what happened back then?

 

I feel my heart sinking in confusion as I look at her. I went out to get out for beers in convenience store. It’s not allowed, but a light drink always helps me get things off my head.

 

Then suddenly a felt a hand tapping my shoulder.

“Moguri~!” a familiar face hugged me.

“Aigoo, Moonbyul-sunbaenim, you’re here again?” I sigh as I look at her, “you’re not letting Nayeon off the hook?”

She chuckled as she shook her hand, “It’s not that! I’m just here…”

 

She laughed as she fell into that silly smile.

 

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows into that weirdness of hers.

 

“I’m just here to tell you the goodnews.” Her eyes shining as she continued, “Solar and I are official!”

 

My eyes widened as the thought process in my mind, “WHAT?!”

 

“She’s actually in love with me too, all this time.” Moonbyul chuckled.

 

“Jinja?! I’m so happy for you Moonbyul!” I cheered.

 

I mean, I remember taking drinks with her, because of our unrequited love and hers got even more hopeless just recently. And how amazing that she’s finally happy.

 

“Heol~ you’re amazing.” I smiled as I can see the stars on her eyes, “When can I be that happy?”

 

She laughed, “You know… sometimes, all it takes is a bit of courage and a bit of risk to be happy.”

 

She bid goodbye as she left upstairs.

I was left there, a little stunned.

 

Moonbyul is a play girl too, a lot like me. A biual ert who hit on almost anyone. She dated a lot of beautiful girls, but never once did I see her that  happy.

 

“Momo.” I suddenly heard a familiar voice. That voice that caused my heart to stopped.

 

“Dubu.”  She then sat beside me, and offered me a coffee.

We fell in silence there as I sip a cup of coffee.

“Dahyun-ah, what happened to you earlier?”

 

She shook her head, “Nothing, just feel a bit emotional. I just don’t want you to see me getting so emotional.”

 

“Wae?” I laughed, “I  mean, your crying face is a bit cute.”

And I mean it, I mean when I find her cute. Never once, did anyone look that cute and adorable to me, like I just want to walk around with her on my pocket.

She looked at me and shook her head,”Ahh jinja. Always the sweet talker.”

She sip on the coffee, “Anyways, it’s nice hanging out with you here.”

 

I smiled at her as I pushed a finger on her soft cheeks, “You can hang out with me your whole life.”

 

She looked at me a bit startled, “You kidding me?”

I feel the nervousness inside my throat, and the heart getting filled, “No.”

 

Sometimes, It only took a bit of courage and a bit of risk to be happy, right?

 

“Because, Dahyun I’ve always---“

 

 

 

 

NAYEON’S POV

I am in the room, in which the shooting was held. I walked out the room to read the script, when a wind suddenly blew on it.

 

“Otokke?” I gasped, “Where’s the paper?”

 

I searched and searched for the paper when I saw it under the bed of an open vacant  room. Room 203.

 

Walking in it seems a bit, nostalgic. Oh I know, we entered here before.

 

“Ohh, the script!” I said as I tried to get the paper under the bed. I look like a stupid rabbit on a hole right now.

 

“Nayeon-ssi, what are you doing?”

I gasped when I heard a voice, coming from the window. It’s the writer!

 

I got kind of embarrassed as I fixed myself up and got the paper.

“Nothing, just the script fell under the bed.” I chuckled.

“Ohh.” She chuckled, jinja, i look funny earlier. 

 

I was about to turn my back, when she suddenly said, “By the way, nice cut earlier. Just the scene I wanted to see.”

 

“Thank you so much!” I bowed, “It wasn’t even that good. I don’t know why you even wanted me to do the part.”
 

“You’re good!” She beamed, “ I wished I could cast you again in my next movie, ‘OMG’”

She smiled, and to my surpised she suddenly said, “You and Jeongyeon suits each other.”

 

“n-not really! I mean we’re both girls.” I feel my heart being flustered, but sinking again. She’s not your lover Im Nayeon! Get that in your head!

 

She smiled again. That smile like she knows something, “Does it matter? I mean, you love her right?”

 

 

I opened my mouth for denial, but I can’t. I can’t lie. I can’t deny the fact that I love her.

She laughed, “Don’t worry, I won’t say a word to her.It's just so obvious, the way you look at her."

 

I fanned myself with my hands and chuckled, “ahh, this feels like a hot seat.”

I saw the piece of  juice on the table like it’s not been drunk on yet  so I took a sip.

“Jinja, I felt so thirsty! This tastes nice, what’s this?” I asked the writer.

 

When I looked at her, she had her eyes widened. “DID YOU DRINK THAT?!”

 

I nodded as I look at the juice, “Y-yes… waeyo? Is it yours?”

 

She shook her head, “No,but that’s… POISON!!!”

 

“What?!” I gasped as I dropped the juice on the floor. With its broken glass pieces on the floor.

 

“I’m going to used it to kill the insects here so we can use it!” She gasped, “The seller said its 100% poison and can even kill people!”

 

I couldn’t say anything after that.

 

I felt like the world is about to collapse. I’m dying?

 

No.

 

I wanted to do a lot more.  A lot more things.

A lot more things with Jeongyeon.

 

I wanted to be with Jeongyeon more. I wanted

Please log in to read the full chapter