CHAPTER 31: Yoo Jeongyeon's Secret

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

NAYEON’S POV

Im Nayeon, age 20 years old.

 

 

And still crying in front of a haunted house.

 

 I just sit here in a bench and look at the colorful balloons beside me held by the balloon man.

 

 

Just Where the hell am I again?

 

 

I rubbed my head, and remembered what just happened last night.

 

I look at Jeongyeon, “you’re leaving?”

She nodded. I felt my heart sunken and in panic as she said that.

“Leaving? As in another country?” I tried to assure.

“Yeah.” She answered. As she answered that, I felt my lips trembling. And my insides all breaking apart. My tears just fell right down to my cheeks.

“omo!” Jeongyeon looked startled when I started crying. I can’t help but to have these tears falling. I mean she’s leaving! The person I love most is leaving. And I can’t even do anything about it. I felt so helpless.

I felt like they just took everything I have right now.

“Shh.” Jeongyeon rubbed my back as she hugged me. I hugged her back, not wanting to let go. This is an  utter shock. I felt our skin touches and my heart melting on the thought that I’m holding into her, my heart is shouting. She’s leaving. My jeongyeon is leaving.

If she’s leaving.… I would’ve already said I love her.

“You’re such a crybaby. Nayeonnie... “ she chuckled, “It’ll only be for a month.”

I felt my eyes widen as I hit her right arm, “WHAT?!”

“Ouch.” She said rubbing the left arm I just hit, “What’s that for?!”

“I thought you’ll be leaving permanently!!!!” I shout right into her face. I felt embarrassed for crying like a baby earlier. My god, I’m so stupid!

She hugged me as I felt her warmth covering my entire being, “I will miss you though.”

I can’t help but smile on her sweet words. But I will miss her really, terribly. A month will be hell for me. I hugged her back, as I felt comfortable in her arms.”

“Nayeon-ah…” she smiled, “The contract was over but for the last time, will you…. Go out on a date with me?

 

This time… for real?”

 

And this is how I ended up in an amusement park.

 

And why ended up crying was because of this mischievous devil,  Yoo jeongyeon!

 

I felt a little flustered when she told me it's a date. but maybe it's just a farewell date for her, because she's leacing. Im Nayeon, don't misinterpret!

 

“I told you, I don’t want to go in!” I cried as I rubbed my eyes. I felt so horrified for everything inside the horror house. Everything is scary.

Jeongyeon laughed and sat beside me, “Come on, it’s not even scary.”

“it is too!” I exclaimed.

“It’s too funny seeing you getting scared” Jeongyeon laughed, “But seeing you cry made me feel bit bad.”

“Yeah. You should really feel bad! It’s your fault!” I glared at her and playfully hit her arm. She laughed at me as she pinched my nose.

Suddenly she stood up and told me to wait there. Then she came back holding an ice cream.

“Here.” She said handing over the icecream.

“Omo, Thank you jeongie~” I said as I held the sugar-cone strawberry flavored ice cream.I ate it and smiled.

 I have an icecream on my left check, when she gestured towards me and wiped it. I felt my heart beat raising as she said that.

“Jinja, you look like a mess. You’re about to turn me off.” She laughed.

I furrowed my eyebrows, “Really? Am I not pretty right now?”

Jeongyeon didn’t answer and looked away. I felt pissed, “So when am I pretty?”

She laughed and looked at me again, “Everytime I see you~”

I felt my cheeks getting hot as she sang the lyrics. She laughed and told me, “In short everytime.”

“That’s called being a sweet talker.” I laughed.

She laughed and stared at me, as she look in my eyes. I felt my cheeks getting red from looking at her.

“Come on, I’m not pretty.”  I furrowed my eyebrows and laughed.

She stood up and suddenly said, “Doubt that stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar,

 

but never doubt that I love.”

She bowed down and smiled, like a true poet. I laughed, “That’s some line from Hamlet.”

She smiled and caressed my cheeks softly, “You are pretty. Don’t doubt that.”

I smiled at her in disbelief, she glared  at me and pinched the cheeks she’s caressing just a while ago.

“Ouch!” I said lauging.

“I told you, don’t doubt it!” she laughed too pinching me.

I can’t help but giggle at that glare. As I let out a laugh, The glare on Jeongyeon’s eyes replaced as a gentle stare. 

“Come on.” She said as she stood up, offering her hands. I held her hand as we walk hand by hand. I felt my heart beating as I feel our hands touching.

“let’s go there.” She said pointing on the roller coaster.

I was taken aback by how high the roller coaster is.  I’m not scared of rides is just too high!

I gulped looking at the thriller ride, “You want to ride that? That doom of death?!”

 “Yeah, what’s wrong?” she said provoking me, “Are you scared?”

“I’m not!” I answered trying to act tough.

“Really?” she laughs.

“Of course!!” I proudly. But I’m really damn scared.

“Then let’s have a dare then.” She smiled, showing me that mischievous smile. If  that smile ain’t cute enough then I would have smack her already.

“What kind of dare?” I asked as I raised one of my eyebrows.

“If you don’t scream on the ride… Then I’ll tell you my biggest secret.”

I gulped at the tempting offer. Yoo Jeongyeon’s secret? What’s that?

“Deal.” I said shaking her hand.

She dragged me to the doom of death, not even faltering. I grabbed tightly on the bars. Damn, I felt my heart beating extremely fast and scared the wits of me.

I grabbed her hand and looked at her as I smiled. She smiled at me and told me, “The deal. Alright?”

I nodded as I look up again on the roller coaster getting up.

I tried biting my lips so I wouldn’t shout, but damn! This height is scary! I closed my eyes so I won’t shout but then Jeongyeon suddenly held my hand and told me, “Don’t close your eyes!”

I look up to see the amazing view on the coaster. The coaster stopped on the middle and it fasten down again.

“AHHHHHH!”

. I screamed. I heard Jeongyeon laughed as she shouted too.

We got down of the coaster with me being all groggy. I need water ASAP. We sat down at the nearby bench as Jeongyeon gave me a small bottled water.

“Thanks.” I said as I drink up on the same bottle water she drank into. I’m not trying to think of the malice but I feel so flustered as I remember her lips on the same bottle.

“You failed the deal.” She laughed.

“Damn.” I cussed as I sigh, remembering. “But never mind, it was enjoyable.”

“That’s good.You almost closed your eyes.”

“Yeah. Good thing I didn’t.” I smiled, because I was able to enjoy the ride.

“Sometimes, when we’re afraid… we tend to close our eyes and look away. To the point that we missed what might have made us happy. I was… always, trying to look away, but now I’m facing this. I’ll stop running away from these feelings already.” Jeongyeon smiled as I saw a glint of spark in her eyes.

What is that? What is she trying to tell me?

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” She smiled and held my hand again. “To the next destination?”

 

I felt my heart

Please log in to read the full chapter