CHAPTER 26: City lights

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

JIHYO’S POV

“What?!” I exclaimed when Chaeyoung told me the plan, “Could you repeat what you had said?”

“I said… Momo will kiss Jeongyeon.” The little dwarf answered as she rolled her eyes.

“Are you serious? That’s insane. And can momo even do that?” I looked at Momo who’s busy on chewing her Jokbal.

“It’sh fine. She gave me jokbal in order to do that.” Momo answered as she bite another. My god, they’re insane.

“Come on she’s giving up her morals for jokbal, stop her.” I said as I shake minari. “Minari, wake her up.”

“Momo doesn’t have morals. She had kissed almost anyone you know.” Tzuyu said as she sigh.

what.the.hell.

Putting aside that Momo is a playgirl, I know how this will only make the situation worst.

“This is your great Plan B?” I asked as I rubbed my head and look at the ever so witty Minotazaki Sana.

Sana grins “Yeah!”

So we all decided to eat out tonight to celebrate our first win. Everyone cried so hard on the stage, and I think this deserves a shot! We decided to act the plan. Momo drags Jeongyeon outside and talked to her. Momo will dial my number if the signal is up to make Nayeon go to see them.

 

I thumbs up on Mina as I look at them. We’re about to stand up… when suddenly?

MOMO’S POV

“Jeongyeon,” I grab her on the roof top of the restaurant. It’s somewhere private. The scape of this place is high and I guess it helps to see all that pretty city light view.

“How are you and Nayeon?” I asked trying to make a conversation. I felt cringe as I think of the plan they all made for me. I’m used to kissing, I do it all the time.

But never once did it with the one I love. Yeah, it’s a bad karma.

I guess, I’ll just think of Jeongyeon as one of those people. Better think of the right timing now. I dialed the number for the sign for them to come up since i'm alreay plannin to kiss this person. I felt like puking really.

I was about to do the plan when Jeongyeon suddenly sigh. I’ve never seen her with that expression as she stared in the city lights. With longing in her eyes.

“We’re not doing well… Moguri, I made her cry.” She said as I felt the pain on her voice, “hurting the person you love hurts the most.”

I felt a slight ache on my chest when she said that. Back then, the first time Dahyun cried in front of me me I felt like the worst person ever, I hated the momo she hated. I hated the momo who made her cry. I hated myself.

“You’ll both be fine,” I said as I rubbed Jeongyeon’s back. She laughed and told me that I’m not a good consoler.

“Ouch.” Jeongyeon suddenly rubbed her eyes after staring out on the city lights for a while.

“What?” I asked as I put my face in front of her, grabbing her cheeks, looking on what happened to her.

“There’s something on my eye.” She said as she her left eyes closed and a bit watery.

“I’ll blow on it.” I laughed as slowly gestured my mouth on to her eyes.

 

“NO!” I suddenly stopped when I saw Dahyun standing there. She looks sweaty and flustered and panicky.“I-I mean…Don’t do it Momori. Don’t kiss her.”

 

JIHYO’S POV

We all came up the roof top of the restaurant, and Saw Momo there about to kiss jeongyeon is there. I was startled at Dahyun’s protest.

So she does mind it.

Momo stood up, as if she’s confused, she walked towards Dahyun and stared at her in silence. As if looking for answer in each other’s eyes.

“No.. I mean..change of plans..” Dahyun forced to smile as she stutters.

“Ya, what’s happening?” jeongyeon asked as she had her left eye closed, “What are you guys up to?”

The door opened and it revealed Nayeon, Minari, Tzuyu and Sana there. Sana clumsily walks over when she stumbled upon the rock on the gravel bed of the flooring.

 

“Omo.”

 

We all fell in silence with our jaws dropping when Sana fell and…..accidentally kissed Jeongyeon!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

.

 

Jeongyeon and Sana looked at each other covering both of their lips, eyes widened.  The whole place went silence.

 

“NO!!!!” Maknae Tzuyu broke the silence as she came to Jeongyeon and slapped her.  My god, This is turning into a mess. Jeongyeon touched her left cheek which looks like it stings as hell.

“Sorry unnie.” Tzuyu returned into being the kind maknae we adore. Jeongyeon laughed at her, and we all did.

Sana came over Tzuyu and hugged her as if trying to reassure her lover. I suddenly saw a pair of couple rings on their fingers.  So that’s how serious their love is.

“This is turning into a cliché romantic comedy.” I chuckled as I felt how messed up they all are.

“No. They’re not the couple I’m shipping.” Chaeyoung said as she groaned. Minari is innocently covering her eyes.

I looked at Nayeon….

 

 

But she didn’t have any reaction.

 

NAYEON’S POV

Did Sana just kiss Jeongyeon?!

 

“Let go of My Jeongyeon!!!”

 

Well, that’s what I wanted to say. But I won’t say that. I don’t have the right. There’s not even the contract anymore. She is not my joengyeon. She’s not mine.

My slightest hope is even gone. The contract was over.

I tried laughing with all of them as they joked how awkward that accidental kiss is. Making me a bit jealous of Sana even though I knew she’s already dating Tzuyu.

We all decided to return downstairs to continue eating and drinking sake but I step back as I said I’m goint ot the toilet, in the truth is, I’m going to stay there in the rooftop again.

I sat by the bench as the city view is before my eyes. The wind blew to my face and the ambience felt like it came to comfort my broken heart.

Damn, it hurts.

No matter how many times I see her, I never get used to the fact that she doesn’t love me.

We don’t talk anymore, We do but only for the sake of Twice.  I miss Jeongyeon. 

Please log in to read the full chapter