CHAPTER 28: That someone else

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jinja, I just embarrassed myself in front of my father.” I told her as I sigh. We’re sitting in the veranda with a cup of coffee with both of our hands. Jeongyeon was the one to mix the coffee for me, he knows exactly the taste I want just like how she’s the perfect mix of my cup of tea.

“It’s fine. He likes you apparently,” Jeongyeon answered as a smile formed in her thin lips, “He told me he wants a daughter like you.” I felt my cheeks reddening as a spark of flatter came over me.

His daughter? Does he mean that way? Can I be Yoo Nayeon in the future? My god, what am I thinking?!  I suddenly felt embarrassed on the things I’m saying.

“Turning red?” I suddenly felt startled when I looked up and saw her face in front of mine.  Her eyes straight to mine. I felt all my palpitation rising and my heartbeat going up. I suddenly felt like she just took all my breath away.

“Ouch!” She gasped when I suddenly drop my cup of coffee on her. !Why am I so clumsy?!

“Sorry jeongie!” I said as my hands on my mouth in utter shock. I nervously look at the surrounding to look for a cloth to wipe it off her. But I couldn’t find it so, in panic, I used my hands to wipe her.

“Ya. Where do you think you’re touching?” she laughed as she held my hand. I suddenly realized that I was wiping on her chest. I felt my whole face getting hot because of embarrassment.

I look at jeongyeon, she’s wet and her wet clothes show her shape. She’s definitely a girl. A woman at that. But why do I still feel my heart beating fast on the way she helds my hands right now? Why do I love her so? As we look at each other, She entwined our fingers making my heart beat incredibly fast.

She moved her face towards me and put my arms around her shoulders, making me feel anticipation, making me even more nervous. Making my heart beating so fast almost about to explode.. Our entwined fingers became even more hot upon feeling her breath, hearing the loud beating of her heart and her rosy scent…  I was intoxicated. Making both of us one on that moment. Feeling my whole body weak and numb.

The small distance became even more closer, but not to the point where it touches, making me feel anticipation and impatient as i felt the warm of her skin, as my arm and her nape touches..

She pushed a little closer, as we almost touched..

 

 “Unnie!” We suddenly pulled out when  Chaeyoung suddenly came in the veranda.

What was we about to do? I felt my heart still beating as I try to fix myself.  Chaeyoung sat beside us as if trying to advice for something.

Oh, right. Mina and her hasn’t been going well. Mina has a lot of things inside her mind right now.

“What’s the matter chae?” Jeongyeon asked her dongseng as she pat her head.

“well, it’s about Mina---“

“What’s with that mess Jeongyeon?” Chaeyoung was suddenly cut off when  Momo suddenly  came in the veranda too, pointing out on her clothes. Oh my god, I forgot!

“Nothing.” Jeongyeon said as she stood up trying to dress up.

“I accidentally pour it on her.” I said as I never felt so stupid in my entire life.

“Unnie, you’re so stupid.” Dahyun said as she sigh.

“and what was jeongyeon’s reaction? You’ll be dead for sure.” Momo said as she clicked her tongue.

“Nothing.” I said as I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Jeongyeon is really unfair. She’s scary as hell when anyone makes a mess but when it comes to you, she’s fine with it.” Momo said as she laughed.

I laughed too,  Yeah, Jeongyeon is really scary as hell. She always temperal, and on beastmode.

But too bad,

I came to love the beast in her.

MINA’S POV

It’s morning as I heard all the members on the veranda being so loud again.  I stood up and look in the mirror, my god, the eyebags are so obvious.

I didn’t sleep well last night. Millions of things has been going through my mind, am I being paranoid? What do I need? Why do I feel so unsure?

Chaeyoung has finally answered my love. She said she loves me, but for how long? Do I just need to trust myself just like what Nayeon said? Which is it?

I washed my face and went to the living room, in which I saw Tzuyu there.  She’s eating an apple and she seems to be on good mood.

“Tzuyu, you seem to be in goodmood?” I said as I sat beside her. Maybe Sana and her finally made up. I’m glad since Chaeyoung seems to be worried for her fellow maknae.

“Yeah.” The yoda smiled as she bit on the apple again. AS I look at the apple she’s holding, I suddenly saw the ring on her finger.

“Omo, cute ring!” I squealed. She suddenly hid her hand as she turned red. I gasped, is a couple ring?

“Tzuyu-ah, let me take a bite.” Sana suddenly appeared in front of us as she took a bite on Tzuyu’s apple, like it’s natural. She sat beside Tzuyu and laid her head on her shoulders. They weren’t talking.. but they’re smiling. Like just being with each other is their greatest happiness.

So their relationship is to that extent? Their love is to the point of that? I suddenly felt a slight of jealousy on them.

I love chaeyoung, to the point of loving her for the lifetime. I can give her my everything if she wants to.  But what about her? Is she ready to give up everything just for me? What if she’s not? What if this is just all temporary for her?

 

Is love enough to keep us going?

JEONGYEON’S POV

“Nayeon,” I called out to her. She’s on her back, cleaning the dishes. I was about to say it but I felt my cowardice again. Come on, Jeongyeon! Just say it!

“What’s this?” I asked as I look at the tickets Yoona just handed me over. We met up because she wanted to tell me that the person she loves and her is finally dating. She gave a toast of beer for celebtratory purposes.  She’s such a drunkard.

“Tickets duh” She said as she rolled her eyes.

“Come on, what for?” I asked as one of my eyebrows raised.

“Go with a date with her.”

I looked at what the tickets are for I looked at her in disbelief, “Really? Isn’t this a little cheesy and cliché ?”

“Ahh come on” she smiled, “We all love cliché romance”

“what?” Nayeon asked as she turned her back on me as i snapped back from remembering Yoona.

“N-nothing.” I punched myself as i said that. I turned my back again as I sat in the  the couch again.

“you have a commercial shoot today right?” I asked her.

“Yeah, I do.” She said as she continued with a sigh, “Up until 8:00pm”

I swallowed all the nervousness I’m feeling, “Nothing… just look at your bag later.”

NAYEON’S POV

There is shooting tonight and I’m feeling tired as hell. It’s my individual shoot.

“Thank you for your hardwork!” I said as I bowed down the stuffs as they fix things up, I’m about to leave the set, when the phone I’m holding suddenly rang.

I looked at the screen, who’s calling me?

My eyes widen upon reading the phone….

 

 

 

 

MINHYUK?!

“Yaboseyo?” I heard his voice again. that voice of a man of my first love.

I took a deep breath as I answered,“Oppa, you suddenly called..Something’s up?”

“Nayeon…. Can you go with me?”I heard the desperation in his voice as it cracks.

“Wae?Do you have a problem oppa?” I asked again.

“N

Please log in to read the full chapter