CHAPTER 27: Love is

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

NAYEON’S POV

I got out of the rooftop with my heart beating undeniably fast because of her reply. I still feel my ears hot because of her whisper earlier.

“I’m the one who wouldn’t make you cry.” I said biting my lower lip, and swallowing every bit of nervousness I was feeling.

I know I’m shameful to propose this, to do this, because through this I am binding her into me. Binding her so she wouldn’t go to another.

My love isn’t as fairytale like other, or pure and innocent. My love is selfish and possessive.  That’s how I came to her so much, that I’m willing to give up even my pride and virtue.

I am stupid but never how I have been right now. I know, but I couldn’t stop it.

Jeongyeon looked at me, confused. We stared at each other for a while when a sudden voice from the door and it opened. It revealed sana, “Are you guys fine already?”

As she said that,We also heard the laughs of the other members as they walk in the rooftop.  We nodded and smiled at them.

“Tell me if you agreed.” I said as I stood up, trying to act all cool when I’m weak to my very knees. The members turned their backs and gestured as to finally come down, it’s already past 12:00.

It’s so nerve-wrecking as I tried to walk a few steps ahead from her when she suddenly grabbed my wrist, as her face came nearer into me, leaning into my head.

“Then let it be another contact.” She as her lips almost touched my ears, It’s a ticklish whisper that I felt her breath. My cheeks turned red and I felt a sudden turn in my stomach.

“Ya, what’s with that red face?” Jihyo teased me when we got down the stairs.

I have 3 nerve wracking incidents I felt in my entire life, the first one is my audition into JYP, The second one is when I’m in sixteen and the third one is this. I rubbed my ear that still feels so hot when she whispered it in.my heart beat quickened upon remembering it.

We finally got out the restaurant. All of the members, walking side by side. Then I suddenly noticed Sana walking behind and Tzuyu walking forward, not even talking.

“Tzuyu-ah, what’s wrong?” Chaeyoung came over linking arms with her. It was then I suddenly heard a sigh from Minari.

Tzuyu shook her head and said, “It’s nothing, chaeyoungie.”

Sana looked gloomy while walking as Jihyo came over her, as if trying to comfort her. What the hell happened? They seemed fine just back then.

All the members were walking in ahead of us, when I suddenlt felt warm touch on my hands. As I look beside me, it was Jeongyeon.

My cheeks turned red as I felt my heart beating non –stop, I just couldn’t say anything and I just continued on looking at her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She said laughing.

“Nothing” I said as I felt a smile formed in my lips, I just can’t take my eyes off her.

“Stop looking.” She said as she covered my eyes.

“Wae?!” I laughed as I tried brushing away my hands.

“I’m turning red.” She said as a giggle came out from her.

It’s true, she’s turning red. Is it because of the alcohol?

“It’s okey, I’ll look at you.” I said as I laughed.

“No don’t.” she said with a serious tone and covering my eyes again.

“Yes I will.” I said as I look at her.

“No.” she said again.

“Yes.” I said  back

“Fine,  look at me.” She said as she looked straight into my eyes. I suddenly heard a loud thumping coming out of my chest from looking at her eyes.  My god, I felt like I just stopped breathing.

It seems like time stopped as we look at each other, I looked away as I walk few steps toward her, “Bad idea.”

SANA’S POV

It’s been a day since I haven’t heard Tzuyu’s voice. She’s talking to me but not really. I felt like being crushed. I felt completely scared, really. I’m making breakfast right now as I cooked her favorite waffle.

"Where is Tzuyu?" i asked Jihyo as she passed by.

"She's on the veranda, on call with someone." Jihyo answered, I walk few more steps as i feel my chest slowly sinking.

"Tzuyu." I called her as she suddenly looked startled and looked at me. She didn't talk and hid her phone, turning her back on me. I felt rejected and crushed on that. Never knew, i can feel this way. A few sconds she sat by the couch.

What if she had found someone else already? Or what if she had gotten tired of me?

Will she leave me?

“Tzuyu-ah, what’s wrong?” I asked her sitting beside her when I saw her sit by the couch outside the veranda, I’m holding the waffle as I put it beside her, “Come now, eat.”

“Nothing,” She said as she didn’t talk again, “Give me a few days and it’ll be fine.”

“A few days of what? Come on, Tzuyu-ah..” I said as I tried looking into her eyes but she stood up and left me hanging there.

As I sat there, Momo came over me and gave a cup of coffee.

“Thanks.” I said as I still rubbed my head.

“What’s wrong? Tzuyu still isn’t talking to you?” momo asked.  I suddenly felt a hint of concern from her voice.

“Yeah, and I felt likebeing killed. She won’t even give a legit reason.”

“So are you just going to let her?” Momo said eyeing on me as she sipped her coffee.

“NO! Of course not! I will not, I’ll chase her to the ends of the world if I had to.” I said as I felt all the desperation fell down on me right now. I’m scared and it’s so painful.

“Sana, you’ve changed.” Momo said smiling.

“Huh?” my forehead creased on what she suddenly said as I try to understand what she’s saying.

“In the past, you’re such a perfect girlfriend. Loyal and caring. But all of your exes breaks up with you eventually. But They just pull away trying to make you chase for them like that. They want to hear you say that. But you just agree on every break up and decide to set them free. I think what you feel right now, is what truly love is.” Momo said smiling and looking at me as if she’s the proudest friend.

Then that was then I realized, all the mistakes I had. I didn’t chase for them, I didn’t have the will up until Tzuyu came.

“You’re my ex-girlfriend too you know.” I said as I laughed.

She coughed acting like she choked and let out a laugh, “We’re a completely different case.”

NAYEON’S POV

I’m walking outside the dorm. It’s early in the morning, and I want to try to jog. Since we’ll be shooting a rushguard catalongue soon.

That was when I suddenly saw an old man carrying an enormous giant pot. He’s about on his 50’s.

“Omo, let me help you ajhussi.” I said as I tried to carry a big box.

“Where do you need to put this?” I asked as I tried carrying the box.

“Up in the third floor, Thank you young lady.” He smiled.

I helped him carry it but it’s still heavy as my whole bed. I felt sweat all over me as I helped him carry it.

“It’s okey now, here.” He said as he smiled. I panted as I let go of the big box on the ground.

“Thank you miss,” He smiled again, “But why help me? I suddenly felt bad.”

“No! it’s okey ajhussi. It’s fine for my exercise!” I said gesturing my arms.

The old man laughed, and I don’t know why I felt light looking at him.

“I feel bad, It’s just I need to find my son here. I’m going to cook something.” He laughed again.

“Oh you cook ajhussi?” I told him back.

“I’m a cook actually, Both my wife and I.” He smiled, looking so ever proud.

“Omo, that’s wonderful. I want to taste your cooking!” I said smiling.

“Maybe Someday, I’ll cook for you. Then I’ll be going first.” The old man said as he turned his back and waved at me.

I looked at the long stairs again, Damn, I’ll be walking this stupid stairs.

---

 The shoot for a rush guard catalogue was finished when I suddenly roam around the set, actually looking for Yoo Jeongyeon-ssi.

Then I suddenly saw Mina sitting by corner, with her face looking so gloomy. She sat there with her chin on knees, as her thin figure felt like even smaller than before.

Please log in to read the full chapter