CHAPTER 23: What Fear is

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAEYOUNG’S POV

“why is twice crying on the stage?” I read the comment on our video as I watched it. I laughed so hard.

“Come on, stop laughing!” Nayeon whined. She’s the one on the video with the crying face.

“so you all thought I was seriously injured?” I laughed again. I mean, The manger just told them I was hit by a moving car, but actually it’s just the side mirror. I just twisted my ankle.

They cried on the ending of the stage since they were so worried.

“Ya! We seriously thought you’re going to die!”Nayeon-unnie scolded me, Jeongyeon hit my head and called me an idiot.

Really, they are the Omma and Appa of the group.

I look at all of them, but... there was no sign of Mina.

I suddenly felt so disappointed when I couldn’t see her, is she still angry? Minari…

 

MINA’S POV

“Mina..” I heard her call but I couldn’t turn my back. I never felt so seriously hurt. That stuff toy is a memory I treasured even if it’s just another thing for her.

I know, from the start but… it just hurt so much.

“AH!” I turn my head when I suddenly saw her… hit by a car.

I am standing here now on the hallway. I couldn’t face her. It’s my fault that she got injured.  I felt my chest sinking and my breath getting heavy.

I’ve been so selfish lately, wanting her love back. This is my punishment for being so greedy.It’s just that.. always always for years, I have only looked at her.

I was about to cry when the door suddenly opened,  It was chaeyoung and she’s on her crutch.

I felt tears on my eyes due to relieved as I saw that nothing seriously bad happened to her. That’s when she hugged me.

“I’m sorry, don’t cry.”  As her small arms wrapped around my torso, it’s when I knew, I’ll live not being loved back but I won’t be able to live without her.

“Mina, I’m sorry for acting like nothing happened. I did take your confession seriously.” Chaeyoung suddenly said as she looked at me, “I did think about it…”

I felt my heart sound like a drum. I felt like I don’t want to hear her rejection just yet. Please no, Just no.

“Minari, all this while I’ve treated you like a an unnie.” She said, “but for a while, a  lot of things had changed, and before I knew….

 

 

 

I am in love with you.”

My heart beat so hard and I felt my head on clouds . Did she just say she love me? did my chaeyoung just said that she’s in love with me?

The one I’ve been pining on for years?

As I look at her, I saw her eyes on me. Little by little, Our lips touched. It was different from all the kiss we’ve shared for all this while.

So this is mutual love feels?

The fulfillment, happiness. It felt like that all the things I cried for her was just a way to make me feel this fulfillment. I felt our skin touches as I wrapped her hand around her.  I felt heat all over my body as I I put my hands on her neck.

“Ack.” Our kiss was interrupted when she suddenly startled. “I hit my injured foot.”

I just laughed and hugged her, kissing my chaeng on her forehead. My most beloved person, Chaeyoung.  I hugged her and squeezed her hard, “I love you, chae.”

 

NAYEON’S POV

“Minari’s seriously worried earlier.” Jihyo said. We’re inside the room, since Minari is with Chaeyoung outside. M

Please log in to read the full chapter