CHAPTER 18: On the Park

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

JEONGYEON’S POV

There was a certain girl in the training room, who always looks so confident. She was better than me at everything. We didn’t get close at that time, ‘cause I hated her.

I hate how she seems so desperate at everything, I hate that silly smile on her face and I absolutely hate how she always feel good about herself.

Now that I think about it…. I just hate how she ignores me. How we never got the chance to get close.

I never hated her.

Infact, I love how she’s always determined, I adore her smiling face and how nothing gets her down.  I admire her but I hate how she never feels the same towards me.

 

I used all the chances I have to compete with her, so we ended up bickering all the time. I purposely pick fights with her because I know she’s competitive.

 

To get all her attention.

 

It was my own childish immature way to get her to look at me, even for a second. That’s how desperate I am.

Until one day, I saw her crying in the park. I didn’t know that she cries like that. She always seemed so energetic and bright like nothing seems to get her down.

“Nayeon-ah..Why are you crying?” I asked her as I gave her a handkerchief.

She just covered her face and said, “leave me alone. I have no time for you.”

“Come on, I’m just concerned.” I said as I sat down to the other swing.

“… My debut was cancelled. You can laugh all you want.” She said as she looked at me.

As I saw her tears, my heart felt a throb. Her tears were beautiful but It hurts seeing that. It’s my first time seeing her weak side.

“I’m not laughin’  It ain’t funny.” I said as I sat down in the other swing.

She cried so loud as she sob, “I thought my dreams will finally come true…”

“It will.” I said as I pat her head, “Someday, you’ll have your stage debut. We will.”

 

Nayeon looked at me with face flushed and tears in her eyes, “We’ll debut together, pinky swear?”

 

Ohh, she was so adorable. That’s how the first piece of my heart was stolen by Im Nayeon.

 

And a lot of things happened, little stuffs she does at a time makes me fell in love more. We got closer as time passed by.

 

“Now that I think about it again, she already got me on the first time we met.” I said as I bawl my eyes out. My god, thank god my fans wouldn’t see me like this.

I ran after Nayeon after I saw her looking at us but I lost her. I gave up and I thought I’ll just meet her in the dorm. Infact, I don’t even know what to say to her.

“and.. she said she doesn’t like you like that, as you heard her and jihyo talking, it’s just a contract.” Yoona said as she sigh.

“What? How did you know?”

“Jeongyeon… you told me that for the 20th time already.” She complained.

Ohh right.

“Jeongyeon, I don’t know about her. But you love her right? And now you’ve given a chance I didn’t get. It’s alright to be all broken hearted but you can’t just sit here. What if she doesn’t like you like that?! GO MAKE HER. It’s the purpose of the contract! The contract is to make her fall for you!!” She gestured the beer she’s holding towards me,

I looked at my sunbaenim whose words for the first time words have a point.

We toast our beers, “Thanks unnie.”

After a minute of Drinking again, This troublesome Yoona passed out.

CHAEYOUNG’S POV

Momo is not home again right now, she’s been so busy going out. But she doesn’t have any phone numbers on her phone. I wonder what she’s up too?

Jeongyeon and Nayeon went to buy ice cream earlier and they still haven’t come back. Ohh.. some development must be happening right now.

Sana and Tzuyu went on a date, Sana will be surprising Tzuyu. It’s been 3 months since they started going out.  How do I know? Well, Sana has been so obvious.

In short it’s only Me, Dadu, Mina and Jihyo right now.

“Guys, what do you want to eat?” Jihyo asked as she pat her stomach. She must be hungry…. Again.

“Pizza~” I whined as I request it on Jihyo.

“No pizza! Eat healthy food chae.” Minari said as her eyebrows furrowed.

“Minari…” I really crave for pizza though.

“let it be, I’ll order pizza.” AS jihyo said that I hugged her and said, “Yay! Thank you, love you unnie~”

“Get off me, Dahyun will get jealous.” Jihyo laughed.

Dahyun just stared with that face of disgust. I laughed, Oh come on.

“… and minari too.” Jihyo continued.

I suddenly felt my whole body stiffen as I look at Minari. Her eyes widened,

“Wae?!” She said, “I will not.”

Says the beautiful guilty person whose face red as an apple. She pouted mouthing ‘I won’t be jealous’, She looks so adorable like that I felt the corners of mouth forming a smile.

I somehow realized that Minari has special feelings towards me, does she? I still have my doubts. But I noticed lately

Please log in to read the full chapter