CHAPTER 34: Destiny turns upside down

The Contract
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAEYOUNG’S POV

“For hyung’s return!” I said as I pulled the wine from the ref.

“Omo omo omo! no more alchohol for you! .” Jihyo-unnie came and grabbed it from me.

“WAE?!” I pouted like a little child.

“You’re a bit too hard to handle when you’re drunk.” Sana-unnie laughed.

“What? Did I do something?”

“Yeah. You danced in the middle of the road, and….  hugged just about everyone!” Minari told me.

“Did I hug you too?” I asked as I look at my Mina, she turned beet red as she pulled me closer into her arms, “Of course.”

“… and also every appliances here in the dorm.” Mina giggled. Heol, what did I just do?!

 “Omo, did you really do that chae?!” Jeongyeon  laughed as she walked towards me.

“NO!” I shrieked, “Of course not.”

“You did, you’re just too drunk to remember.”

 

“Ohh come on!”

 

“anyhow, no matter the circumstances…. Today, we’re not going to----“

 

 

Jihyo unnie stopped when we already saw TZUYU  GULPING ON THE ALCHOHOL!!!!

JIHYO’S POV

“NO!” Jeongyeon came towards her and took the bottle away.

Nayeon came over to look at the bottle only to see that there’s only a small portion left! Like what the hell?! How can she finished that so fast?

“Tzuyu-ah.. you drank all that? Are you going to be fine?” Sana came over to her girlfriend and patted her head.

This maknae then gave us the weird grin and thumbs up.

“Ooookey…. The yoda looks fin, right?” Chaeyoung looked worried as she stares at Tzuyu.

A while later, we finished eating. And Tzuyu starts saying something?

“Tzuyu-ah…” Chaeyoung came over her , “what are you saying?”

She looks at us like the first we met her-- expressionless, “Wǒ shuō wǒ lèile”

“Damn she’s talking in Taiwanese.” I can’t help but laugh at our Maknae.

“Tzuyu-ah you’re so weird when you’re drunk.” Chaeyoung laughed.

“Yeah, and you look like your mumbling emotional stuff.” Dahyun joined in teasing our drunk maknae.

“Ya! Don’t talk like that, you’re both worse than her when you’re drunk!” Nayeon said pointing at the two.

“Unnie~ You’re right. They’re so mean.” Tzuyu came over Nayeon  pouting and hugged her.

“ahh, my baby is drunk?” Nayeon said rubbing her head. Nayeon is really the mother od the group.

“Our Baby is drunk.” Jeongyeon –appa laughed and came over the maknae.

 

Oh my god, my 2yeon feels.  Help me!

 

“Tzuyu-ah, come over to me.” Sana said as she looked at her lover. Ahh, Sana is surpsingly the possessive type.

“Don’t want to.” Tzuyu said shaking her head and clinging on Nayeon.

“wae?”

“You kept on… ignoring me  these past few days, I hate you.” She said almost crying.

 

This is the first time I actually saw Tzuyu this way. She’s always been mature that sometimes we forgot that she’s our maknae.

 

“Tzuyu-ah…” Sana grabbed her head, “Come here.”

Tzuyu brushed her hand off, “I don’t want to!”

 

Sana looks like she’s really hurt, “Tzuyu, I’m sorry.”

“then why ignore me? let’s break up!” Tzuyu shouted.

 

There was a silence there. Everyone is awkwardly listening without any choice. Momo mouthed ‘I’m out of here’ and went outside.

 

Sana’s eyes almost well up with tears as she turns her back away, “Fine!”

 

Tzuyu seemed to panic as she ran towards Sana and grabbed her wrist, “No…. No…I don’t want to break up…”

Sana looked at Tzuyu and didn’t say a word. She, then kissed her in the cheek, “I’m sorry let’s not break up.”

 

Tzuyu then started crying,“I love you.. Sana-chan.”

Sana looked really really pained as she look at all us and said she’s going to take her girlfriend to rest already.

 

 

Then we all left there worried for the two of them.

JEONGYEON’S POV

The party is finally finished.

 

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

 

I felt so nervous as I walked out the veranda towards Nayeon.

 

I’ll tell her. I’ll tell her now.

 

“Nayeon.” She turn around and looked at me.

Ahh why is my bravery falters when I see her face?

 

“Jeongie~” She gestured her arms as if saying to me to come near her. I walked few more steps and stood beside her, as we watched the Moon.

“A full moon?” I raised my eyebrows, “didn’t it already have a full moon this month?”

“Yeah,” nayeon looked at me, “and that one is called ‘Blue moon’, Meaning second chances.”

I smiled as I heard that, and looked at Nayeon with her beaming eyes.

 

Second chance.

 

That’s right. This is my second chance. A chance after Minhyuk took her away from me. The after the first chance was robbed, this might be the last one.

“Nayeon-ah…” I called out to her.

 

“What?” she looked at me confused as she entwined my fingers with her.

“Nothing. Just wondering what happened to you this past month?”

“Ahhh...” she averted her eyes.

“Did you… perhaps cheated on me?”

 

She sigh and looked down, did she felt insulted?  I pulled her hand, still entwined in mine, and place it on the top of my lips, “sorry.. Don’t be mad.”

She shook her head, “I’m not mad.”

“Jinja?” I laughed, I look at the hand I just kissed when I saw her hand…

 

“Isn’t that….?” I gasped, “A tattoo ring?”

 

Nayeon pulled her hand away as if trying to hide it, “Ya.. why hide it?”

 

I gestured my hand and showed her, “Look I have the same.”

MOMO’S POV

I went outside the dorm and sat in the stairs. Since you know Sana and Tzuyu is having a lover’s quarrel show there.  This is why I hate relationships; it’s a bunch of roller coaster of emotions.

Romance is what I despise most. It wrecked everything up in my life. And besides, it will distract me from my priority.

Dancing.

 

I came out as I also grabbed the script for the movie. Tomorrow will the first day of the shoot. The story is about a dying girl with 23 days left. The  shoot tomorrow will be the first and second day. The first two days on 23 days. The character here, looks like, she doesn’t feel a bit of sadness in her dying. She completely accepted the fact that she’s dying. She’s nonchantly counting down her days to death. Because for her, there’s no purpose in living.

Easy. This will be easy. Because, you know, I used to feel this way.

 

Sometimes I still do, I still feel like I’m dead inside.

 

“Momori~” I turned my head around to see that one person who has that voice, Dahyun.

 I felt my heart beating. I never feel so alive than when I’m with her.

 “Dubu!” I smiled at the sight of her. She sat down beside me and looked at the paper I’m holding.

“A manuscript for the upcoming movie?” she asked.

 

“Yeah, I read it since the first two scenes will be shot tomorrow. But I’ve been having hard time on the last part of the first scene…”

“which one?”

“that part in which she.. fell love at first sight that  girl’s tears.” I sigh, “I mean, that never happened to me.”

“You’ll be fine.” Dahyun patted my head. I never felt fine like how she does that. Back then, it felt like my mother was patting my head but now, it feels different. It made me feel a lot lighter when I think it’s dahyun patting my head.

“ahh, why don’t

Please log in to read the full chapter