The Competition Day

Sweet Candies

 

The room that I believe was dark before were getting brighter as the sun shone through my window. I didn't feel like waking up at all so I snuggled into my comforter and hugged it. The comforter was greatly very warm. So I snuggled even closer and hugged it tightly. Until suddenly I realized that the comforter was too big and what most surprising was it can move. I rubbed my eyes slowly and opened it. The first thing that I saw was an angel. Yeah, it's an angel.

Huhh? Angel? An Angel?” I muttered to myself. Suddenly the latter moved and opened his eyes slowly as he woke up. I muttered slowly again, “Angel?”

Huh?” He said confusedly. But then he smiled angelicly as he got what I meant and said, “I'm an angel for you.” I was silent as he said that. Then suddenly my sight became very clear and all I could see in front of me was................ Kim Myungsoo.

AAAAAAAAAAAA!” I screamed as I realized it was Kim Myungsoo who was sleeping on my bed. As I screamed he fell out of the bed.

Sungyeol! Stop it!” He shouted.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?” I asked him still in shock state. “WHY ARE YOU EVEN SLEEPING IN MY BED?” as I shouted there's always another questions popped up in my mind so I keep throwing questions to him. “HOW COULD YOU ENTER MY HOUSE? ARE YOU A STALKER? HOW COULD MY PARENTS LET YOU IN? DID YOU HURT THEM? WHAT DID--”

SUNGYEOL STOP IT ALREADY!” Myungsoo yelled to me and made his way to the bed again. “I did nothing, you're the one who want me to stay for the night.” Oh god... please tell me that it's not true. Please tell me it's not true.

D-did I?” I said questioningly to myself. My cheek were hot, “No it couldn't be... you'er lying Myungsoo!” I accused him.

I didn't.” Myungsoo said confidently. “Ask your parents. They are witnesses of the scene last night.” I gasped in surprised! He involved my parents on this?


 

Without thinking much, I ran outside of my room and went downstairs where my parents already preparing breakfast.

MOM DAD! Why is Myungsoo in my bed? What happened when I got home?” I asked them.

Oh dear, look, he's acting like he didn't know anything now.” My mom said to my dad. “Yeollie, it's ok. We don't hate you for you loving a boy. In fact, I'm happy that he's handsome, no, very handsome.” She said. I face palmed my self and went to my dad.

DAD WHAT HAPPENED?” I asked him.

I don't know, ask your boyfriend what happened last night? Maybe both of you did something fun last night?” He asked teasing me. I blushed hard as I understood what he meant. Damn, since when my parents turned into such a fun teaser like this? I sulked and looked at my mom.

Yeollie, my son.” My mom came to me and hugged me. “Myungsoo was sending you home and you were a sleep as he carried you. I told him to put you on his bed. He did, but then.........”

You keep holding on Myungsoo's shirt and saying things like 'don't go~', 'stay here', etc.” My dad continued. “He was surprised actually, he actually wanted to go home, but your grip was strong. So, in the end he obeyed on what you said and slept with you.”

My mouth opened hanging as I heard the explanation from my father. This is not happening at all. “WHAT?! I DID THAT?! OH MY GOD!” I shouted to them. They were surprised at my sudden loud voice. Then I walked back to my room.

I saw Myungsoo sitting on my bed with my pajamas as I just realized it and it fit him perfectly. He looked to the window direction with his messy hair, making him looking as hot as hell. I put away those thoughts and decided to solve this problem first.

Myungsoo..” I called him and went inside my room. I sat on the edge of the back looking embarassed as I know the truth. “I'm sorry for forcing you to stay like this. But trust me, I didn't know I did that.”

Hey, don't be.” Myungsoo said gently to me. “I'm happy spending the night with you. Beside I have a good night sleep, plus your parents were very nice to me. So, I don't have anything to be regret of.” Myungsoo explained.

but still, I was forcing you. I just want to say sorry.”

It's fine.” He said with his cheeky smile.

I blushed a bit and stood up from my sit spontaneously, “Aahh... we need to take a shower... Wait that sounds wrong... I mean I, need to take shower.” I said to him as I face palmed my self. He just laughed and nodded. “Well you could use my uniform for now, and... just use Sunggyu hyung's bathroom, don't wait for me.”

Thanks Sungyeol.” He said.

Welcome.” I said and left him.


 

_

I laughed at myself as I saw Sungyeol left his room with his stuffs to the bathroom. It was quite entertaining seeing him so panic in the morning. It really made my morning.

I sat for a while on the edge of his bed and looking around his room. I stood up from the bed, made my way to the window and opened the curtain. The sun shone brightly inside his room. I opened the window and felt the wind breeze alongside the chirp of the birds. He got a nice view of his room.

Myungsoo?” I turned around to the source of the voice. “You're not going to shower?” It was Sungyeol who came back to the room.

Ah yeah, I was going to but I just captivated with the view of your room.” I said to him.

ah, well just make sure you finish in time. I don't want to be late.” He said and took something which was left behind.

I won't.” I answered him shortly. He left the room and went to the bathroom.

Let's just go take a shower first now.


 

After a nice shower with a scent of vanilla (since there was only vanilla scent) I went inside Sungyeol's room already fully clothed with his uniform. His pants was quite too long for me as he has a long leg. But the upper clothe are fit enough.

I opened his room and found him were fixing his hair and getting ready. I greeted him. “Hey Sungyeol, ready?”

Oh good, you're in time.” He said while busily preparing his training clothes. “Yeah, I'm ready. Just a final touch up.” he looked back to the mirror and doing his morning ritual, well I think it's Sungjong's morning ritual which happened to be taught to Sungyeol.

I sat on the edge of his bed again and waited for him. I looked at his leg as he still looking a bit limping.. “How's your leg, Sungyeol?” I asked him suddenly.

He stiffened as I asked that. He looked at me from the mirror reflection, “Uh... it's.. fine, getting a lot better.” He answered me.

Are you sure? I don't want you to force yourself for the competition. Just forfeit and I'll do the rest.” I was really concerned about him.

Don't worry, I'm the Ace and I'll be doing my best for our class.” He finished his ritual and turned his body looking at me. “I can do it, we'll win the competition for sure. Believe in me, Myungsoo.” His eyes were promising, but still I'm worried.

If you say so.”

Well, let's go now.”


 

Bye mom dad!” I said to them and they keep repeating the same words like they used to, 'keep studying hard and blalalala'.

Thank you for letting me stay for the night, Mr. And Mrs. Lee. And also for the breakfast. It was delicious.” I thanked Sungyeol's parents.

Don't mind it, Myungsoo. Just make sure to come here often. We're happy to see you.” Said them. I just smiled happily. As I said my thanks I realized Sungyeol already walked away. I bowed to them and followed Sungyeol. “Sungyeol, slow down, your leg is still hurt.”

Myungsoo, stop it. I'm fine.” Sungyeol said.

What fine? You're limping.” I said to him. “Come here, I'll give you a hand.” I offered him a hand but he just looked at me with that kind of stare. “You don't want to? Well then I just have to force you.” I approached him and take his arm to my shoulder, and mine to his.

Yah!!” He shouted to me. I looked at him and shut him with my stare. He looked to the other side knowing what my stare mean.

Now let's walk together.” I exclaimed. He started moving his leg hesitantly and slowly step by step, I could feel he put his weight on me. Finally, he letting me help him.

It was a silent walk but it was nice to finally he accepts my present again.


 

_

Good Morning Woolim High! It's a great sunny day to start our intern event~” the MC spoke as me and Myungsoo were getting on the changing room. Other two friends of mine were looking at me and gave me some encouragement. I just smiled to them.

Sungyeol, Myungsoo, we'll be outside first ok. Come out quickly if you guys ready.” Said Kyuanh and Jejin.

Well, they left. Now what, Sungyeol?” Myungsoo gave me a look. I was confused what was he meant about? “I was talking about your leg. Are you really going to do this?”

Myungsoo, let's not discuss about this anymore. The more you concern about me, the more I'm afraid of doing the race.” I said to him, but he still gave me that look. I sighed, “What should I do to make you believe me that I'm fine, Myungsoo?”

I don't know...” he looked really worried. To be honest, I really appriciate his worriness but I really want to do this. “Then, just tell me if you feel can't do it on the middle of the race, ok?” I nodded, but then something seem pop up on his mind. “Oh! Give me a sign! Give me a sign if you're not feeling well.”

By doing what?” I asked him.

Clap 3 times if you feel can't do the race anymore. Then I'll come to you and help you out.” He said.

What if I don't want you to help me out?” I asked him.

Clap 2 times? Then I won't be near you.” He said.

Deal.” I said.

Ok, deal.” We shook our hands and went out to the track.


 

For our first race we have Class A, B, C, and D. Class A represantative are Nam Kyuanh, Song Jejin, Lee Sungyeol, and Kim Myungsoo! For Class B we have--” The MC informed everyone with full spirit. Our class clapped their hands loudly and cheering for us.

I saw Kyuanh and Jejin already making their way to their position, so I did too, but then Myungsoo grabbed my arm. “Yeol, Please, don't force yourself.” I was surprised at his sudden words. I looked to his eyes, it was showing his sincerity. I nodded and blushed a little. He let go of my hand and walked to his position.


 

Are you ready everyone?! Let's start the race! On 3, 2, 1~ GO!” The MC exclaimed and the first runner were running fastly. I could see from a far Jejin giving all his best by leading the race.

I was doing a little warming up by shaking my leg a little but then, I heard something crack and it hurts like hell. I winced silently, the others contestant on my position were looking at me but I just acted like nothing happened. Reflectively, I

Jejin were sprinting and changed with Kyuanh as he reached him. Kyuanh sprinted and he made quite far distance with the other contestants. My class was leading the race. I smiled happily and cheering for Kyuanh. Kyuanh finally reached Myungsoo after making a huge distance and Myungsoo ran fastly to my direction. I was nervous but seeing Myungsoo running so hard pumped up my spirit.

Myungsoo was getting nearer and yet my leg still sore. I forgot the pain and getting ready. Myungsoo came to me and shouted, “GO SUNGYEOL!” as he touched his hand to mine, I tried running with my power.

I felt wrong as I started running. This is not running, I was walking, walking fastly, not running or even sprinting. I tried to let out more power to my feet but still all I can do is walking fastly and the pain was unbearable. Until I was on my limit, I fell down on the track and heard gasped from all of the audience. I felt lost and stupid. I tried to get up and walked again, thanks to Kyuanh, Jejin, and Myungsoo they made a far distance making me have some time but still... I fell again for the second attempt.

Sungyeol, stopped it!!!” Myungsoo shouted to me. He was running to my direction, but I don't want him to come. I remembered the sign that we have deal a moment ago. I raised my hands and clapped 2 times. Myungsoo stopped running to me. I tried to walk again, I could see the other class getting nearer and nearer. I was off the limit, I couldn't stand it anymore, I raised my hands and clapped 3 times then I collapsed on the track.

SUNGYEOL!!!” I could hear his screaming and that the last word I heard before everything went black.


 

_

Sungyeol hyung, wake up!” Sungjong said as he accompanied Sungyeol since he laid on the infirmary's bed since morning. “Hyung, wake up...” Sungjong was really sad seeing his hyung suffering like this, wearing that oxygen mask. I just stood on the corner and praying for Sungyeol to wake up any sooner.

Myungsoo.” Woohyun came inside the infirmary and brought some plastic bags “He's still hasn't waking up, yet?” I shook my head. He put the plastic bags on the table. “Here, I bought you some lunch. Eat first, guys.” Woohyun said.

Thanks hyung.” Said Sungjong.

So... we're not taking him to the hospital?” Asked Woohyun.

Mr. Shin said if he's still not waking up until the end of the school, we'll take him to the hospital. He already taken care of Sungyeol's bruises too.” I explained. Woohyun nodded and suddenly his phone ringing. He was texting. I asked him, “Did you tell his brother?”

No. But actually I want to, however I know how Sunggyu will react if he knew his little brother is not waking up like more than 3 hours.” Woohyun answered. “I hope he'll wake up soon. If he's not until the end of school, I'll tell him, ok?”

I think we should tell him now, shouldn't we?” I said my opinion.

I knew Sunggyu hyung well too,” Sungjong as he looked to our direction. “But no matter what Sunggyu hyung is Sungyeol's brother. I agree with Myungsoo hyung, we should tell him. Besides, he's a doctor, he'll take care of Sungyeol.”

So, you guys want me to tell Sunggyu about this?” Asked Woohyun. Both of them nodded together. “Ok, ok, I'll tell him. I'll call him outside.” He let out a deep sigh.


 

_

I dialled Sunggyu's number but I didn't know what should I tell actually. I was thinking, forming words to say to him while waiting for Sunggyu to answer the phone. After a long wait, he answered the phone.

Hello, Woo!” He said cheerfully.

Hello, Gyu!” I said back as cheerful as he is. I tried to lift up the mood first. “You're not busy right now?”

No, I'm not. You're just right in time. I just finished my schedule and day off until night!” He said happily.

Oh, nice. Finally, you have some rest time.” I said, I'm actually nervous. I don't want to hear Sunggyu yelling like a mother to me, but I have to say it right?

Yeah! Oh why don't you come over tonight? Let's have something to eat together?” Asked Sunggyu.

Sorry Sunggyu, but actually... I think...” I paused a bit, Sunggyu was silence waiting for my words to be finished. “I think.... you should come to school first.”

Oh sure, I'll pick you up, Woo, don't worry about it.” He said.

No! I mean... it's Sungyeol. It's about Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol? Is something happening to Sungyeol?” He asked with a worriness on his tone. He's going to start it.

He's...... He's unconscious after the athletics competition, Gyu.” I said it.

WHAT?! SUNGYEOL IS UNCONSCIOUS?! WHERE IS HE WOOHYUN? WHY YOU DIDN'T TELL ME SOONER???” He shouted on the phone.

Uh Gyu, I'm sorry, but can you just go to school now?” I said slowly to him.

YOU! UGHH! WHAT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING? YOU NEED TO TELL ME THE DETAIL WHEN I'M ARRIVED! I'M ON MY WAY!” He said.

Ok, I will, I love--” I was going to say love you as a bye but he already hung up the phone. Well it seems, he loves his brother more than he loves me.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

KILL ME GUYS FOR UPDATING THIS STORY AFTER A MONTH PASSED!

OH YEAH KILL ME NOW!

I'm really sorry for the late update, a month ago I said I was on holiday and could update frequently but in reality I couldn't. I was too busy with my holiday and suddenly I went back to my busy days where I have to prepare for my entrance to University.

But now, you don't have to worry anymore! I already finished everything and it's true HOLIDAY now! I got accepted in a no.1 University in my country majoring Medical Science, with a Double-Degree Program!!! YUHUUU!!! *throw confetti*

So, now I hope I could write more (if I'm not stuck of idea). I love you readers! thanks for being so patient with me! Give me sweet comments, no hate pls :''''''( THANK YOU!!!