Talk to Him

Sweet Candies

 

Dr. Kim you got a phone call.” One of the nurse called me.

“Oh, can you please connect it to my room?” The nurse nodded. “Thanks.” I went to my room and picked up the phone. “Hello?”

“Hello? Is this Dr. Kim?” It's a guy, this voice sounds familiar.

“Yes, it's Dr. Kim, with who am I speaking to?” I asked firmly.

“Please guess Dr.! I'm one of your patient!!!” The guy said excitedly. Is he trying to play a prank on me? Thank god, that I'm not busy right now.

“Who is this? I have a lot of patients in hospital and I don't really remember each of them, honestly.” I said truthfully to the guy.

“Dr. Kim you are no fun! It's me Woohyun!” I was startled, it's Woohyun? My patient who is 17 years old but doesn't look like 17 at all.

“Ah Woohyun, I remembered.” I said.

“Dr. How could you forget me?” He said sadly on the other line.

“I'm sorry Woohyun-ah, I have a lot of patients so I don't really remember each of them. So, is there anything that I could help, Woohyun-ah?” I asked him.

“Hmmm... actually I don't have any problem Dr., I just want to ask you something?”

“What is it, Woohyun-ah?” I asked him curiously.

“Can I come to the hospital?” What? Who am I to forbid him to come to the hospital?

“Sure of course Woohyun. Why do you need my permission? The hospital is open for everyone, you know?” I said that to him but he cleared his statement.

“No, Dr., I mean... I'd like to meet you...” I was silent and speechless. “Don't get me wrong, I mean, I'd like to know what a dentist do. But I promise I won't disturb you.” I chuckled, he just so cute.

“Do you want to be a dentist, Woohyun-ah?” I asked him.

“Maybe, I don't know.” He answered.

“It's ok, you can come whenever you like. But I'm sorry if I couldn't meet you in particular times due to my busy schedule, ok?” I said to him, hoping to understand my condition.

“Sure! Sure! If you're busy then I just wait or comeback home. Don't worry. I won't disturb you. I promise!” He said excitedly.

“Ok then, Just don't bothered yourself.” I said to him.

“Ok Dr.! See you soon. Bye!” He said.

“Bye.” and he hung up the phone. I chuckled and smiled, what is this kid up to? Calling the hospital only to ask me that. I already gave my phone number throught my name card, didn't I? Why did he even call the hospital? Was he shy to call me?..... Aish, I'm thinking about that kid too much, better get back to work.

 

_

Our tests ranks has just announced and I got 2nd place while Sungjong got 9th. Sungjong must be happy as his rank got up. But me? My rank dropped into 2nd place from 1st place. What should I do? My parents won't like it at all. It's a huge problem. Then, I got the idea to look at Myungsoo's rank and he placed 30th out of 30. What the? He looked so confident but he's the lowest in our class? Unbelievable.

Suddenly, I felt a weight on my back. “Hyung!!!” Oh it's Sungjong and he back hugged me.

“Hi Sungjong.” I released his hand from back hugging me. Then I faced him. “You got a good grades.” I complimented him.

“Not as good as yours, hyung.” He pouted.

“Yeah... 2nd place... not bad right?” I said to him trying to entertain myself.

“not bad hyung. Not bad at all.” He said trying to cheer me up.

“This will be come a major problem, Sungjong.” I said to him.

“Hyung, be strong. I hope your parents could understand you.” I nodded

“Sungjong, I'll go first. See you later.” I walked away from him and searched for a spot that I could be lonely.

 

_

Meanwhile, on the other side of school, Woohyun and his group discussing their bet and plan.

“HAHAHAHA!” Woohyun laughed hard. “I never knew it will turn out like this.” Woohyun laughed again.

“This is daebak! The one who never really care and silent all the time, hit the jackpot.” Dongwoo commented.

“Myungsoo, what you were writing on the test actually?” Hoya commented.

“Guys, just shut up. I got the lowest score. End.” I said to them in annoyed.

“It's not End Myungsoo. It's having a relationship with Sungyeol.” He laughed again and dropped his lollipop on the process. “Oh? My lollipop.....” Then he took another one from his bag.

“Yah!” Hoya took the lollipop from him. “Didn't I say it already? Stop eating candies, will you? Or you will get a tooth-ache again.” He scolded Woohyun.

“It'll be fun to get a tooth-ache again, cause I will see my doctor again.” Woohyun said smiling really wide.

“Woohyun, don't tell me...” Hoya looked shocked.

“Hoya do you think like what I think?” Dongwoo asked Hoya, Hoya nodded.

“What guys? Speak, speak? Don't use telepathy.” Woohyun said. I scoffed at Woohyun's stupid joke.

“You're in love with your doctor?” Hoya and Dongwoo said in unison.

“Ha? What are you guys talking about...” Woohyun said laughing awkwardly. Then he changed the topic, “This is not about me ok, it's about Myungsoo, our friend Myungsoo.” Then everybody got their attention on me. “When are you going to confess to him?”

“You guys just shut up. I have my own way. Watch and learn.” I said cooly and left them.

“Wah... Myungsoo really is so cool.” Dongwoo said. Then Hoya hit him on the head with a thick book. “Aw Hoya that's hurt! What was that for?”

“For saying Myungsoo cool.” He said.

“But he is!” Then he got a smack again. Hoya fold his arm and looked annoyed. Dongwoo got the signal.

“Hoyaaaa~ Hobaby~ Don't be mad at me, please~” Dongwoo try to bribe him by saying sweet things. And with a flash Hoya smiled again and hug Dongwoo.

“Yah! You guys! Stop that! If you act like this between each other why don't you just dating? Hngg...” Woohyun left his friends who was hugging each other. Hoya blushed at Woohyun's word then he released the hug.

“uhm... I have a business matter. Bye.” Hoya stood up and left Dongwoo.

“Why everybody leaving me? Hoya~ Wait!”

 

I walked to the rooftop and gazing on the scenery. What should I do now? I lost the bet and I have to get close to Sungyeol. Should I come to him and say and 'I'm Myungsoo and I love you. Please be my boyfriend?' That's stupid. I do look not really care about everything around me, but when it comes to relationship I really pay attention to it. Honestly, I'm not a romantic guy at all. Damn, this is stressing me out. I was deep in my thought when I heard the door opened revealing a person that I don't really want to see at this time.

“Oh, Myungsoo-ssi, sorry to disturb you... I just.. Uh... go back... yeah.. bye.” Sungyeol said shyly he was going away and I shouted to him.

“It's ok.” Then he opened the door again.

“No, I'm fine... uh... I'll just go--” I cut him.

“I said. I'm fine.” I said with a bit anger tone.

“Yes. You're fine.” He repeated my words and walked to his place with a great distance from mine. Great, I think he's afraid of me, now. I looked at him sometimes and checking him out. He has a really tall figure, chubby

cheeks, and nice skin. He's not ugly at all. The atmosphere around us was so awkward. I better make a conversation, cause I know he won't start it.

“Sungyeol.” I called him.

“Uh.. yes... Myungsoo-ssi?” He looked at me surprisedly.

“What brings you here?” I asked him.

“Nothing...” He said with a sad face.

“Nothing? Your face showing sadness, from what I see.” I said to him.

“Is it?” Then he slapped his face.

“Yah! What are you doing?” I shouted at him as I was surprised at his action.

“I don't know... slapping my face?” He said like nothing's happen.

“For what?”

“For being stupid... for being 2nd place... for being not smart... for being lazy... for being.......” Then tears rolled down to his chubby cheeks.

“Yah! Don't cry...” I panicked as Sungyeol suddenly cry. What should I do now? I get near to him and trying to comfort him. I put out my handkerchief and gave it to him. “wipe your tears.” I sounded ordering than comforting.

“Hiks... What?” He manage to say a word between his cry.

“I said, wipe your tears.” then I handed him my handkerchief.

“T-thanks, Myungsoo-ssi.” Sungyeol said. I don't know what should I do again to make him calm. I tried to search something in my bag, maybe I have something that could make him calm for a while. I dug on my bag and found a lollipop, this must be Woohyun's. Without thinking I just gave it to Sungyeol.

“Here, for you.” I handed him the lollipop.

“Huh?” He wiped his tears and looked at the thing on my hand. “Lollipop?” He smiled and took it in a flash. “Thanks, Myungsoo-ssi!” He smiled again. He looked cute. Maybe he will get along with Woohyun.

“Just dropped the ssi, Sungyeol.” I said to him. Then he looked at me in disbelief.

“Eh? Are you... sure?” I nodded and smiled to him. This Sungyeol looked cute and funny. It might be interesting If I date him for fun.

“Myung..... Myung...Soo...” He managed to call my name. I just smiled again to him. He blushed and looked to other direction.

“Sungyeol, I already see another side of you when you were out of school. Why don't you just be that way? You look more fun.” I said to him truthfully.

“Wh-what? Uh.. Myung... Soo.. Its something that even myself couldn't describe. I'm sorry.” He said.

“It's ok Sungyeol. Everyone have their own problems. Will you share it with me, someday? I'd love too hear your problems.” I said to him sincerely.

“You will?” He looked at me, with a tint of blush on his face.

“Why not?” I said to him. He's face getting red.

“Uhh... I should get going now.” Then in a dash he was out of my sight without saying goodbye or anything. What's with him? Was he really that shy? I chuckled at my experienced talking to Sungyeol. This gonna be fun.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello my lovely readers. I just wanted to say something to you guys, I really appreciate you're enthusiasm for this fic. You don't know how happy I am everytime I look at my profile there always be notif of new subs or new comments which make me so happy! Thank you so much guys! neomu neomu neomu gamsadurikuyo!

Oh and I want to note something first. I forgot about Sunggyu and Sungyeol surname, they got different surname though they are brothers. But, let just think that in this fic surname is not connected to family relation ok? Sorry guys~

I hope you guys enjoy this fic as much as I write it! :D