Introduction

Sweet Candies

 

I woke up and feeling tired after studying until late at night. I d for my alarm clock. Once I caught it, I turned my head and looked at the watch which was ticking so loud. The clock showed 6.40 AM. Thanks god that I'm not overslept. I woke up and get ready for school. School will start at 7.30 AM. I took my towel and went to my bathroom direction. I grabbed the door's handle but it won't open. I realized that there's someone inside my bathroom. Too lazy to ask who's there so, I just knocked. Then no answer, I knocked again twice, no answer. I knocked hardly now and got no choice to speak.

“Who's inside my bathroom?” I said sleepily.

“Sung..... Yeol...” He called my name between his shower. “It's hyung. Yah! Wait for a while. My bathroom is broken.” So that's my hyung.

“Ugh... make it fast hyung. Don't wanna late for school.” I said to him.

So, I went to my desk, took my Biology text book and went to the kitchen. Apparently my mom and dad already leave for works and my mom already cooked breakfast. I maked my morning americano. It helps me gather my spirit in the morning.

I sat on the chair while revising Biology and enjoying my americano. It always one of my routine to sit on the dining room enjoying my americano while reading my school's books. I'm just a diligent student not as smart as my brother. He's a genius, at the age of 23 he already becomes a successful dentist in town. I envy his brain so much. But poor him that he doesn't have any boyfriend or girlfriend.

 

“Yeollie!!! I'm finished!!!” Sunggyu hyung shouted from upstairs. I closed my book and finished my americano before I went upstairs. I looked at the clock it's already 7.00 AM. Damn, Sunggyu hyung showered for long time. I ran upstairs and went inside the bathroom. I showered quickly and perform my 5 minutes showering. I went out from the bathroom and wore my uniform as fast as I can. I looked to the mirror and checking my attire. If I go to the mirror doesn't mean that I'm checking myself, but I'm checking my uniform, note that.

I went downstairs and saw my brother eating his breakfast peacefully while I'm in the edge of late going to school.

“Hyung, I swear that I wouldn't let you shower in my bathroom again. You showered for a long time.” I said to him while putting my shoes on.

“Sorry, Yeollie but my bathroom is broken. I'll call someone to fix it when I finished my work at the hospital.” He said while chewing on his food.

“Good. Just make sure that tomorrow you won't shower at my room.” He just nodded. I finished tying my shoes and stood up. “I'm going now hyung. Be careful on your way to work.”

“You too, be careful Sungyeol!” I opened the door and walked fastly to school. I'm grateful that when I'm on the edge of late all I have to do just run or walk faster because my house is really near to Woolim High School.

 

I walked faster now I looked to my watch it showed 7.25. Damn, 5 minutes more till the gate closed. I walked faster now, nearly jogged. I didn't see much of students around but then someone passing me with his bicycle riding it very fast. I slow my pace as I trying to identify what I just see. A guy with a black hair riding his bicycle in a messy uniform. Was that the Ice Prince Kim Myungsoo?

“YAH LEE SUNGYEOL! ARE YOU GOING TO WALK SLOWLY LIKE THAT?!” It's Hoya the president of the school. He screamed to me from a far. “IT'S ALMOST 7.30, I'M GOING TO CLOSE THE GATE!”

“Wait!” I ran to the gate and thank god I'm safe.

“Lee Sungyeol, you better get up earlier. It's rare seeing you one of the smartest student being late.” He said to me firmly.

“Sorry, Hoya.” I said to him slowly.

“No need to say sorry, Sungyeol. Just get up early for tomorrow, ok?” I only nodded and he left.

Somehow when I'm at school I feel like that I'm change. I change into a total shy boy that very hard to socialize with other people. I don't know why.

I walked inside the building, I looked around there's not much of students left outside but I spotted one beautiful person parking his bike. I stopped and looked at him, he has a black hair, white skin, and a nice figure. So, the cyclist was none other than him, Kim Myungsoo. As he finished parking his bike he looked around and then he spotted me looking at him. Damn! I was so surprised. He gave me his killing aura that makes walked weirdly to the building.. I went inside the building and let myself relax for a while. Person likes me really need to avoid him or else.

“Sungyeol hyung!!!” Someone back hugged me suddenly which makes me surprised. It was my best friend Sungjong. He's a year younger but he manages to be in the same year with me.

“Sungjong! I almost got a heart attack.” I said to him. Sungjong just laughed at me.

“Let's go to class hyung, the bell already rang.” He said dragging me to class but my eyes wander searching for someone.

 

I sat on my table which is near the window on the 3rd row. Sungjong sat beside me. The teacher came inside the class and was about to start the class when somebody came inside without saying a word. The classroom becomes silent. It's him, Kim Myung Soo. The cold one. He's in the same class with me.

“Eh... Mr. Kim... aren't you going to say something to your teacher?” Our teacher try to reprimand Myungsoo. But then he glared to her and she immediately shut and looked at other direction obviously avoiding his glared. I always wonder how he did that. Try to break the silent atmosphere at class, our teacher started the class.

During the class time, I steal glances to look at Kim Myungsoo. He didn't pay attention to the teacher. He just lay on his desk and looked to the window. Probably enjoying the sky view. He looked so peaceful. I turned my head to the front of class trying to pay attention at the subject but I just can't stop myself stealing glances to look at him.

 

“Students, as it's nearing the school's exams please study hard. I hope you guys get a good grades. Then class dismiss.” She said and leaving the room.

Class over and it's recess time. I looked to the back and I didn't see Kim Myungsoo on his seat. Where did he go?

Sungjong came to me, “Sungyeol! Let's go to the cafetaria, shall we?” I only nodded without saying much of words I followed Sungjong. While on the way to the cafetaria, Sungjong blabbering about my personality that I should talk much to others, like when I talk to Sungjong comfortably. Until we found our sit, he still blabbering about it. “Hyung, seriously you need to be sociable. Don't be too shy.” Sungjong said.

“Sungjong, you talk about this for several times already. I get it ok.” I only responded with a usual sentence.

“Let's try it, then!” He looked around, then he spotted someone. “Woohyun hyung! Can you come here?” I startled at what Sungjong did. What is he doing?

Woohyun came and greeted. “Hey, Sungjong! And...... Sungyeol, right?” He called my name doubtly I just nodded shyly. “So, what's the matter Sungjong?”

“Oh! Sungyeol hyung wanted to tell you something.” I looked at him in disbelief oh my god what should I say?

“Him?” Woohyun looked at me and I lowered my head shyly. “I'm listening then.” Seriously I can't talk to someone that I barely known.

“Are you going to say something, or not?” Woohyun waited for me to say something. Sungjong kicked my leg under the table and mouthing to say something.

“.................” I looked raise my head a bit and looked what surrounding me. As I looked at the table there's my chemistry book, I got an Idea from it. I started talking, “D-do you know that... when you put alkali substances into water it will produce a spark of fire or maybe explosion? because the substances react--” before I could explained it, Sungjong cut me.

“Uhh... Maybe Woohyun hyung needs to grab something to eat now.” Sungjong said. I looked at Woohyun who was looking not interested at the topic. I failed again.

“R-right Sungjong. I.. uhh.. leave now.” He said then left our table.

“WHAT WAS THAT HYUNG?” Sungjong yelled at me.

“I'm trying to make a conversation with him?” I said doubtly.

“You just tried lecturing him about chemistry.” Sungjong corrected me. “This is why you're not sociable because you're so shy. Come on hyung be brave! You don't want to spend you're time alone until you're dead right?” He started it again... and all I could do just listen. “If you can't even talk to others, how could you find love, hyung?”

“L-l-love?”

“yes hyung! Love! Boyfriend and Girlfriend stuffs!” I didn't want to be single for the whole of my life! No way! “If you don't want to be single for the whole of your life, then start talking to others!” Oh! He read my minds!

“I... will..... try.” He just rolled his eyes.

“I really don't get it how you could be so different at school and outside of school.” Sungjong said.

 

On the other side, Woohyun who went back to his table with his lollipop on his mouth, started talking about what just happened earlier.

“Hey guys! Do you know Sungyeol?” Woohyun suddenly asked his group, which consists of Hoya, Dongwoo, and Myungsoo.

“I know Sungyeol.” Hoya responded.

“He's in the same class as Myungsoo right?” Dongwoo said and looked to Myungsoo who was not interested to the topic at all.

“Yeah, he's in my class.” Myungsoo said lazily.

“Listened,” Woohyun tried to get their group attention. “Sungjong just called me and he said that this Sungyeol wanted to say something to me. I waited for him to say something, but guess what?”

“What? Did he confess to you or something?” Dongwoo asked.

“Of course not! I even don't know him.” Woohyun said to Dongwoo, then he continued. “He talked to me... about Chemistry, explaining about this substances could explode and blablabla. I can not believe that there's a person like him in this world.” Dongwoo and Hoya laughed out loud while Myungsoo just listened.

“No wonder, he's one of the smartest student in Woolim High.” Hoya stated then he continued laughing.

Suddenly Woohyun cut the laugh, “hey I got an idea.” Hoya and Dongwoo stopped laughing and waited for Woohyun to say something. “The exam week is nearing, I want to make a bet according to our exam's score.”

“What do you want to bet about?” Dongwoo asked.

“The person that get the lowest score in the exam, must date lee Sungyeol for a month! How's that sound?” Woohyun asked for others opinion. Myungsoo just scoffed.

“Woohyun, that's too much.” Hoya responded.

“I don't think so, it's funny, Hoya. Plus it would be a disaster date ever!” Dongwoo gave a different respond. “So, it should be funny.”

“See? Then let's vote who's with me?” Woohyun asked, and Dongwoo raised his hands. “Myungsoo, you're with me?” Hoya was silently hoping Myungsoo not raising his hands but it turns out that Myungsoo agreed.

“I'm in.” He said.

“GOOD! Then it's decided! Hoya you don't have any choices.” Woohyun said to him. Hoya couldn't escape from their friends stupid game. So he decided to play along.