The Opening Ceremony

Sweet Candies

 

The opening has been started, I could see lots of schools participate in these year festival. I could see YG and JYP looking glamorously with their uniform and surprisingly I saw SM High School too beside them. I heard that SM High School is a strictly discipline school. But glad to see that they participate for this year festival.

I saw Myungsoo standing under the tree watching the ceremony from a far. He was alone there and other thing that I noticed was his facial expression. He looked unhappy, like something bothering him. I hold the urge to go and comfort him. So, I ust distract myself by talking to Sungjong.

Sungjong, anything catchy you find out there?” I asked to Sungjong.

Oh god yeol, of course! I found a lot and even already got their names.” Sungjong said proudly.

Wow uhh that's fast.” I was surprised at his skill. “How did you do that?”

You know, I have my own source. Everything is under my control.” He smirked like a witch.

Ugh, you look like an evil witch you know, creepy.” I said to him.

Yeah I'm a witch. Look what I'm capable of, I changed you into someone new right?” Then he laughed proudly again. I just ignored him with his arrogant.

Then I scanned all the schools out there. To be honest, as much as I looked again I don't know anyone. What an anti social I am. As I was going to see the last school, I surprisingly met his eyes, one of the students from that school. In an instant I felt that my cheek is getting hotter. I avoided his eyes and looked to the other side panicly.

Sungjong saw my panic reaction and he asked immediately, “What is it hyung?”
“Uh, nothing. I just feel not good. That's all. Don't worry.” I smiled awkwardly to him. He just nodded trusting me.

From which school was that guy? I didn't dare to look to their school's line again, scared that I might made an eye contact with the guy before.


 

_

Aish, I couldn't believe that I agreed to Woohyun. Why should I come to his school festival's ceremony. Now, here I'm stuck with my own head with the decision to go out or not. I saw lots of students walking around and some of the school festival's crews was busily preparing. I sighed again, what should I do?

I rested my head and relax my mind. It's gonna be ok, nothing's gonna goes wrong. But.... What if I saw Sungyeol there? God I forgot Sungyeol goes to this school too. Gosh, he's going to tease me.

Beep~ Beep~ I jumped a bit as I was surprised with the loud sound of my phone. I opened the phone and saw a message from Woohyun.

From: Woohyun

To: Sunggyu

Gyu, Where are you?

The Opening is already started.

Want to me fetch you somewhere?


 

I sighed again, I think I don't have much choice. I closed my phone and prepared my belongings. I looked at myself on the mirror, whether I already look average or not. I don't want to look extraordinary so I just wore a simple pants and casual shirt. Hope this will work.


 

I walked myself inside the school and saw lots of people gather around. I nervously walked and soon I could feel someone hugging from behind. I tensed up and the guy behind me kissing my neck.

Hi gyu, it's nice to see you again.” He said between the kissed.

Woohyun, not here. Not inside your school.” I protested to him and got myself free from his embrace.

He pouted, “But I miss you gyu.” Ugh that pout of him, I couldn't stand it.

I know I know, I miss you too but not here.” I took his hand and asked him to lead me somewhere. “Now where should we go?”

Ah right! Let's just watch the opening first then I'll introduce you to some of my close friends.” I nodded and soon he dragged me somewhere.


 

Not long after that he dragged me to the second floor to a quieter place. From here, we could see the opening ceremony clearly. Some of the students watch from the second floor but lots of them watch it from the first floor.

Whoa, this is big for a school festival.” I said to Woohyun.

Yep, the one whose in charge for this event is my friend. He's the school's president. He really want this year festival to be huge and different from others.” Woohyun said.

Well, he's succeeded then. Look at those schools, there are so many of them.” I said excitedly. “I wish I could go back to High School again.”

I forbid you!” Woohyun said firmly. I looked at him questionedly. “I'm afraid, you'll see other guys than me.” Oh god this boy, where did he learn to make such a sweet words?

Woohyun... I won't, you know that I love you.” I said to him.

I know, I'm just afraid of the possibility.” He said. Well, he must be afraid of losing me.

I decided to schange the topic by asking him about his house condition. “So, how's home? Has it been better?” As I asked that he looked even worse. Right, wrong question, but then he spoke.

It's been better. But the problem is that my parents are going to divorce. So it's only me and my mom inside the house. My father lives on his own, I don't know where.” He said. “But, I'm glad that they finally decided to divorce. So, I don't have to hear them screaming and yelling to each other anymore.”

My heart ache as Woohyun said all of the things about his family. I took him in my embrace and comfort him. “Everything's gonna be alright. You have me with you. So, don't you worry about anything.”

Thanks gyu, I really appreciate that. But I need to stay strong. So, don't you worry about me.” He said, then I released him from my embrace. “Beside, I have these.” He took out some of candies. “I've been missing them to death.”

I took the candies from him. “Yah! You're still eating candies at this age? Didn't I told you not to eat candies too much?” Woohyun looked pissed. “Beside, why do you still need candies? You... you... already have me here.” I said shyly.

Thank you, Sunggyu.” with that simple word from him then he getly kissed me. I gladly accepted it and kissed him back. It was slow and gentle. Full of love expression that I enjoyed it so much. As I can't get enough of his kiss, I initiatively kiss him and dominate him. I could feel his lips curved into a smile. But he didn't let me dominate as we keep battling for dominance until he parted first. He smiled in victorious, while I pouted. “Later Gyu, we're in school, aren't we?”

Yeah right. Sorry, I forgot.” He laughed at my answer. Then he concentrated again to the ceremony.

I looked at his happy face, he laughed happily and freely. This is Woohyun that I love. Always stay strong even he faces lots of problem on his path. As long as he's happy I'm happy too. I feel complete now.


 

_

Hey baby, congratulation! The opening ceremony was a great success.” Dongwoo said to Hoya and pecked him on the lips.

Thanks Dino!” He replied. “But, really sorry I need to go now. More jobs to take care of. Go play with others and have fun on the festival.” Dongwoo just smiled and waved his hand. But then Hoya came back. “One thing, I forgot. Don't you dare flirting with other students! Got that?” He threatened Dongwoo. Dongwoo just nodded. “Good. Bye Dongwoo!”

Uh.. Bye Hoya.”

I laughed as I saw the scene. I elbowed Dongwoo, “Hey, I'll be Hoya's other eyes and carefully pay attention to you.”

Yah, just mind your business, Kim Myungsoo.” He said.

Well, since your boyfriend is so busy and I don't have much things to do, what should we do? Any idea? I'm kinda bored.” I said to Dongwoo

Hmm let's see...” Dongwoo looked around at the crowd and so did I. “Hey Myungsoo what's that booth about?”

Which one?” I asked.

That one.” Dongwoo pointed to a booth with full of crowd. “Why don't we see it.” I just nodded since I did't have any much thing to do.


 

Welcome to all students please make your vote here! Just see the pictures and vote for Woolim's School Prince.” One of the crews said loudly to attract some students.

Hey Myung, did they say School Prince?” Dongwoo asked

Well uh... I heard it clearly.” I said to him.

OHH! You're lucky dear guests. We have one of the contestant here. Please Welcome, Kim Myungsoo!” I was shocked as she announced my name.

The other students from other schools start looking for me. Dongwoo, being the stupid as he is, making it even obvious that I'm beside him by pointing his hand to me. Some students start taking pictures of me and some girls squealed. Argh I can't stand it. So I just left the place.

Hey wait Myungsoo!” Dongwoo yelled to me. “Oh right, don't forget to vote for Myungsoo.” Dongwoo didn't forget to promote me and then he chased me.


 

Why are you leaving? It's a great opportunity. You need to promote yourself you know.” Said Dongwoo.

Yeah stupid Dino, just promote yourself. I don't need that kind of attention. I don't even care if I win or not. I just do what Hoya told me to do. So I don't care about winning at all.” I said to Dongwoo. Dongwoo just sighed in defeat.

why don't we watch the basketball match?” Dongwoo suggested.

Sure.”


 

We walked to the gym and found lots of supporters. I spotted a seat upstairs, so I walked there with Dongwoo. I sat there and scanned the field until suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked to the girl beside me who tapped my shoulder.

Myungsoo?” Oh god why she's here.