The Rumour

Sweet Candies

At the early morning I woke up to go to work. I drove to the hospital feeling tired after handling lots of patients yesterday. I just got rest for 4 hours of sleep. Quite enough actually, but still I need a bit of sleep. Its already 5 days since Woohyun not going to the hospital again. I wonder what has happened. Since his last visit, no since I brought him to my house, he's not appearing again in the hospital.

I drove slowly but my eyes is closing slowly (I know my eyes are small). I drove carefully but my eyes shut closed and as I opened I almost hit a boy, I turn right spontaneously and hit the brake. I tried to gather my soul then went out from the car to go to the boy.

"You're ok? I'm really so--" I stopped as I could see his face clearly. "Woo..hyun?"

"....." he stayed silent. Not like him at all.

"Woohyun what are you doing at this early morning." I looked at his clothes he already wore his uniform. "Are you going to school at this early morning?" I asked him. He just nodded. "Want me to drive you to school?" he shook his head as an anwer. Then he stood up.

"hyung, I'll go first. Please drive carefully." he said and walked away.

"Woohyun, wait!" I called him. He looked back and stop his step. "Wait there for a while." I said to him and I went inside my car to pick up something. As I found it I ran to him.

"What is it hyung?" he asked.

"Here," I gave him a lollipop that he likes. "I don't know what got into you but you said that candies can get rid of your sadness, right? the sweetness lighten up your life." I said to him. He looked at me in the eye finally and smiled.

"Thanks hyung." he said.

"So, want to go to the hospital first before to school? I'll drive you to school later." I offered him he stayed silent again. "and by the way what are you doing at this early morning going to school?" instead of answering me I asked him another question.

"I.. Uh... Fammily issue?" he answered. I gasped. This cheerful boy actually have a family issue?

"I'm sorry Woohyun. Want to talk about it?" he shook his head immediately. "Ok then, where are you going now? You seem not having a destination."

"I do." he answered shortly.

"Where?"

"It's secret." he answered. I sighed. I looked to my watch and found it I almost late.

"Oh no! Woohyun hopped into the car now." he looked confused. With no talking anymore I dragged him inside the car.

"Hyung? you're not going... To... Kidnap me right?" He asked frightenly.

"Of course not! Just get in the car!" I pushed him inside and then I sat on the driver seat and drove to the hospital.

"Uh...hyung where are we going?" he asked.

"The hospital. I almost late." I answered him.

"And why do you take me?"

"I won't let you walk alone at this time Woohyun. The sky still dark. It's better you go to the hospital at this time. Lots of nurses will talk to you." I said to him.

"Aren't they having a break or close?"

"No, Woohyun. We work 24 hours. But we do have a shift." He noddedand I looked at him. "If you have any problem or feeling like going out on your on, Just go to the hospital there will be a lot of people who will talk to you there."

"hyung... I uhmm.." he lost words.

"Just a simple thank you would be good." I said to him.

"thank... You, hyung." he said. I replied with a smile.

 

As we arrived I hold his hands immediately. He was a bit startled at the first touch, but then he getting relax and enjoy it. Some of the nurses looked at us and they squealed and start gossiping.

"Hyung... The nurses, they looked at us." He said worriedly.

"It's ok, Woohyun. They all know you. You're famous in this hospital." I informed to him. He giggled, finally he laughed a bit.

"Really? All of them know me?" he asked.

"yeah of course. But they only know you as the boy who always visit me every after school time. They don't know your name yet." he smiled and I think his already back into the cheerful Woohyun.

We went inside my office and he sat in front of my work desk. "Woohyun stays here for a while. I'll drive you later to school. Its still an hour before the school start. You can do anything here ok. If you need something just call the nurse. Press that button." I said as poibted to a button on my desk. "I go to the toilet first then. I need to wash up, cause I'm so sleepy" he nodded and I left him in my office.

_

I'm glad that I went out early from my house or things would get worse at home. I always hide it from my friends about this family issue. I can't stand it how my mom and my dad always fight all the time. I go early cause I heard them bickering inside their room. I know it'll become a big trouble by the morning. So, I just left and walk to school. But by an accident Sunggyu hyung almost hit me. I'm glad that I met Sunggyu hyung but at the same time I remembered that he's Sungyeol brother. I don't have the same comfortable feeling as before. But still I'm glad that I met him.

I looked around the room. It's not like I haven't been to this room before it's just that it's getting unfamiliar for me. I haven't been here for 5 days since the day Sunggyu brought me to his house. I can't think very clear now. Sunggyu and Sungyeol drive me crazy.

Suddenly, I heard the door opened. I thought it was Sunggyu hyung but it's his nurse. "Oh! Hi there." She said nicely to me. "good morning boy."

"Morning. And I'm not a boy, I'm 17." I said to him but he just giggled.

"You're cute." She said to me, I just blushed bit. "And... Where is Dr. Kim?" She asked.

"to the toilet." I answered shortly.

"Oh, then I'll wait for him." she said and sat on the other sit beside me. "by the way what's your name?" She asked me.

"Woohyun. Nam Woohyun." answered me. Then I asked her back. "You?"

"Me? You don't want to know, but since you ask, I'll answer it. I'm Soyou. Nice to meet you" She answered nicely. I just nodded. Then she started asking me questions. "So, what make you go to the hospital all the time? minus this week." She asked. I was silent cause I wouldn't tell her if the reason is Kim Sunggyu. "Was it because Dr. Kim?" she asked.

I looked at her in surprised. "W-what are you talking about?!" suddenly I raised my voice in no reason.

"take it slow, Woohyun. I'm just asking." I calmed my self, breathing in, breathing out. "By your respond I could conclude that its because him." I was going to protest again but then Sunggyu hyung came in.

"Oh! Woohyun looks like you're having a comfortable talk with Nurse Soyou." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Woohyun is a cute boy." said Soyou.

"I'm not!" I said to her. Sunggyu hyung just laughed and ruffled my hair.

"So, whats bring you here Soyou?" He asked her. I stepped a side as I know its about work. I sat down on the couch and looking at Sunggyu. He wore his glasses and concentrate on the documents that Soyou gave. He looks so hot doing his works seriously. I lay down on the couch and without I realized soon my eyes shut closed and I drifted to sleep.

_

"Sungyeol hyung!!!" Aish this Sungjong, why he has to shout all the time.

"What is it Sungjong? Stop shouting." I said to him.

"Sorry hyung, but this is important. You never expect this to come. I was even freaked out when I hear it. Better for you to know from me then others. And I don't want you to be hurt or anything. Because I know--"

I cut him immediately since he talk non-stoply."Stop. Sungjong." he stopped. "just tell me what you want to say. The point ok."

 

"Hyung, but promise me you'll stay calm and not freak out." Sungjong said.

"Promise. Just tell me now."

"It's a rumour about you and Myungsoo hyung. All of my friends have been gossiping about you. They said you're the victim of Woohyun and his group. You've been playing around by them. The one who got the lowest score must be dating you and apparently its Myungsoo." he explained. I heard about it before but I never expect it'll become a big rumour like this. What should I do now. I sat down on my sit helplessly.

"Hyung you ok, right? you promise to keep calm." he said.

"I'm calm Sungjong." I said to him. I looked to the back and Myungsoo is not there maybe he went out with his group. "Sungjong, what if this rumour is true?" I asked him.

"What?! If its true, I promise to kick Myungsoo for you. Then I'll make him fall for you! but that if you agree." he said.

"At first I only like him and adore him because of his coolness. But his kindness changed me. I love him now. And..... I can't handle it if its true. I... I.." oh god I can't control it anymore. I covered my face with my hands and tears rolled down.

"Oh god! Hyung!" Sungjong freaked out. "You promised to calm down, right?" he rubbed my back and tried to comfort me.

I replied him between my sobs. "Sung... Jong.. Don't worry.... I..I'm fine."

"How could you be fine? Oh my god hyung. I promise to kick his for you! How dare he make you cry!" I stopped my sobs and looked at him. "Lee Sungjong will reveal his hidden power as a man!"

I looked at him, "What are you talking about? Are you even a man?"

"Yah! Hyung! You haven't feel the true power of Lee Sungjong right? I'll give you a taste of it if you want too." he changed his position ready to attack me. I laughed at him. "Oh, you're laughing. Good!"

"Sungjong don't you ever dare kick Myungsoo for me. I won't let you." I said to him.

"Hyung~ you're too kind to him." he protested.

"That's because I love him. I don't care what people say, cause I'm in love with him. I won't believe what they say until Myungsoo hisself said it to me." I said firmly.

"Aghh you're hopeless. You're crazy in love with him. I already warned you, ok. Don't tell me that I never warn you." I just nodded and massaging my forehead.

"Sungjong, I go to the infirmary first. I need an aspirin. I think I got a headache."

"oh want me to accompany you there?" he offered.

"No, I'll go on my own." I said. Sungjong nodded and sat on his sit.

 

I walked to the infirmary and I could see some people start pointing at me and talking about the rumour. Why and why can't they just shut it up. I walked with my head lowered to the ground and heading to the infirmary.

I arrived and went inside only to found the infirmary looked empty, I checked around to see if there maybe any people inside or teachers.

"Excuse me..." I said. Then suddenly a deep voice answered.

"Come in! Please wait for a while." I sighed and relieve. There's a teacher inside "Hello student, may I help you?" He asked as he went out from somewhere I don't know. But then I gasped and was shocked.

"You?! You're the one helping me last saturday, right?" I guessed but I was totally sure its him.

"Oh, I remembered you. You're the beautiful boy with a possesive boyfriend, right?" He asked, I blushed. Myungsoo is not that possessive actually. But as answered I just nodded. "I've been waiting for our next meeting as I found out you go to this school. Cause apparently I just hired to be the one who responsible for the infirmary." he explained to me.

"But you don't look like a medical student at all." I said honestly to him.

"I know. I just don't like being too formal." He replied.

"But it's nice meeting you again. And I'm so thankful for your help last saturday. Oh! And sorry for my boyfriend rude attitude last time." I apologized on behalf of Myungsoo.

"It's ok Sungyeol. I understood your boyfriend's attitude." he replied. This guy is so mature.

"Wait, wait. You know my name? But I don't know yours?" I said panicking.

"How wouldn't I know? Your boyfriend keep saying this Sungyeol that Sungyeol to you. So I remembered your name until now." he explained to me.

"Yeah you're right... And so, what's your name, if I may know?" I asked him nicely.

"Me? I'm Shin Soo Hyun. It's really nice to meet you again." he smiled at me. And I could feel warmness at his smile.

"Yes, It's really nice to meet you too, Mr. Shin." I replied him.

"no no no, don't call me Mr.Shin it makes me look so old. Just call me Soohyun hyung. Special for you." Is it really ok to call a teacher with hyung?

"Oh.. Hmm ok then, uh... hyung." I felt a bit uncomfortable but that's what he wants.

"Ok then Sungyeol. Enough with the chit-chat so what do you need?"

"I need an aspirin, I felt a slight headache." I answered him.

"Wait here ok." He said and walked to a cupboard and searching for an aspirin. There was a lot of medicines inside the cupboard, I wonder if he could find it. "Ah, this is it." He said as he found it. "Here." He handed me the circle small pill.

"Thank you..... Uh...hyung." I said to him.

"Sungyeol you're shyness look so cute." he said and pinching my chubby cheek. I blushed a bit.

"uhh then I'll go back to class, thank you.. Soo.. Hyun hyung." I said.

"Yeah, you better get back to class." He said and I was going out when he called me again, "And Sungyeol..."

"Yes...hyung?" I looked back to him.

"It would be nice if you could come visit me here....." then there's a pause. "But I'm not forcing you, it's only if you have time." He said.

"Ok, I will." I answered and walked back to class. I'm feeling much better somehow talking to him. The problems inside my head seem fade away for a little. I went back to class feeling lighter than before. It'd be a nice idea to talk with Soohyun hyung sometime.